Let's Talk About Themes

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Let's Talk About Themes

Postby ShylokVakarian » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:26 am

There WAS text here, but now there isn't. Just let the thread die.
Last edited by ShylokVakarian on Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Let's Talk About Themes

Postby Yemac » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:51 am

/nosupport

I don't know what gamemode you often play, but I hardly ever see this to this extend. Maybe that's because I don't play said gamemode or because differentiating timezones, but for me, it's almost never a big issue.

Themes can be fun and can be annoying, but that's why you can pick your own name or just choose not to pick a name and get the default. Sometimes it's even funny to mess with the themers by going against the theme. I would not like to see this option, because then you're saying that themes are a part of the game - which they aren't, in my opinion. They're part of the playerbase-.

Furthermore, can't you just report it under gamethrowing if it's clear a person is being hanged purely because of the name they chose? I often see 'themers' voting someone up who doesn't follow the theme, but if it's clear they're town, 99% of the time they get inno'd down (that is, 99% of the time you actually get these crazy themers).

I would like to know; which gamemodes is this in? How often does this happen? Because right now it feels like you experience it a lot, while many other ToS players hardly ever have to deal with this.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Flavorable » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:50 am

/nosupport

Dividing the player base even more than the current gamemodes and DLC would be absolutely horrendous, since games would take even longer to fill up.

And as Yemac is hinting at: Yes, you can report people (for hatespeech/harassment) if they lynch you specifically over (not) following a theme.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Wouldn't that go more under gamethrowing than hate speech?
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:27 pm

But what if the lynchers are evils or and exe trying to cause a misslynch?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Superalex11 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:33 pm

Overall I'm also gonna say /nosupport to this on the grounds of matchmaking time, though I absolutely understand the frustration. Even if it doesn't end up in hangings/executions, I find themed environments just annoying to play in.

Flavorable wrote:Yes, you can report people (for hatespeech/harassment) if they lynch you specifically over (not) following a theme.

Ehh, this is largely irrelevant because of how the report system relies on the players to actually do the reporting, and requires multiple reports. In a themed game, themers lynching non-themers will be considerably less likely to be reported, just because of the proportions - not even factoring in people who don't care to report things in the first place, or don't realize that this type of report would actually be valid.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:13 am

I see a fair few reports of themers in Trial System. Usually its in All Any and starts as a VFR on non themers day 2, with evil themers pushing non theming-non faction members. Usually when theres 3 themers in an evil faction.. the sheepy town themers just jump on board and end up shooting themselves in the foot.

So....what better reason is there for an evil noob to choose targets? I mean theyre going to rando kill n1, n2, n3 anyway...
Is it harassment if I kill ''7'' n1 every game? (targeting because of number)
Is it harassment if I kill the guy who rolled jailor twice (and is obviously scrolling it) n1 every match? (targeting becuase of previous game role)
Is it harassment if VFRing and targeting non themers benefits your faction? (3 themers in a 4 man maf team)
Is it harassment if I rando kill baby yoda n1 cos I dont like Star Wars? (targeting cos of name)
Is it harassment if I push someone who is obviously scrolling for evil roles? (targeting because of previous games role)
Is it harassment if I kill the guy who checked me n1 for the last 3 games? (targeting because of previous targeting) Or is he harassing me?? (targeting cos he always gets lynched as GA and it fucks town over)
Is it harassment if I target the smarter players first, leaving the noobs alive so my BS will fly? (targeting on ToS brains)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Suggestions