SFM 67: Christmas Paranoia Mafia-Game Over-Christmas Saved?

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

SFM 67: Christmas Paranoia Mafia-Game Over-Christmas Saved?

Postby Eragon1329 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:10 pm

SFM:67 Christmas Paranoia Mafia

General Game Information:

1. Normal FM and Forum rules are in effect. Don't spam. Don't disrespect your fellow players. Do not post in the game thread if you are not a living player, no angleshooting, so on and so forth. See here and here if a reminder is needed.

2. WotM and WotC are both in effect. If you are someone who has a history of actively not caring about the kind of impact you leave behind about yourself to others and haven't taken any steps to reconcile this, expect someone to mention this and being ejected from signups. Due to the high quality of play this game is going to demand, additionally, there will be many steps to avoid including people who others will not want play with/lose WIM with.

3. Day (Trial) Phases are 72 hours long. Twilight (Investigation) Phases are 24 hours long. There are no Night Phases or Night Kills in this game.

4. Prod timers are 24 hours long. There IS a content requirement- votes made without any discernible given reason as a prod dodge AND/OR posts that amount only to fluff and no real stance on the game itself will still result in you being prodded at my discretion. Failure to act appropriately in the thread to a prod within 12 hours, or being prodded a third time will result in your replacement.
NOTE: Prod timers DO NOT reset during the Twilight Phase, they are merely paused until the next Day Phase begins and resume counting down as normal afterwards.

5. This is strictly not a bastard game. The role list is closed to all players, but all elements of the game are open and known to all players, including each player's flavor name (but not alignment). Your role card will never lie to you, and neither will I. This being said, due to the secretive nature of this game, expect me to decline a lot of questions that imply anything about the alignment of any player OR about the size of the Mafia in this game OR about any limitations put forth on the Town in this game.

6. #0000FF is My Mod Color. Please do not use it.
#800000 is Rick's Mod color. Please do not use it.

Specific Game Infomation:

1. The game begins with both the Town and the Mafia knowing nothing about their own teammates in this game. However, any Mafia member learns of two Town members who do not share their alignment.

2. Strictly, only Majority lynch is activated. If, once time runs out, there is no majority for any vote, the Day Phase ends in a No Lynch. Once Majority has been reached for either No Lynch or any Player, the Day Phase immediately ends and that lynch option is executed.
Additionally, there are one of two votes that Players may make in the game.
To participate in the Lynch, players must either /vote [X], or /vote unvote to change their minds.
To end the game, players must bold AND colour their vote to /End my Paranoia, or /Continue my Paranoia to change their minds.
Players may not participate in both votes. Participating in either vote will negate any previous vote in the other.
Ending the game requires at least two-thirds majority of /End my Paranoia in order to activate this option. Once activated, the game thread will lock and be queued to end immediately. If the Town was wrong, the game thread will reopen only once with a warning.

3. This game has only four endgame triggers. They are:
a) The final allowed Day Phase has ended.
b) The final allowed Town Member has died.
c) The Town has voted to end the game a second time but scum are still living.
d) The Town has voted to end the game once all of the scum are dead, either a first or second time.
This game WILL NOT end until one of these four triggers are met, even if all scum members are dead.

4. The alignments of players do flip on death. Also, once the game begins, there will be at least one living Traitor in the game.

5. All other information can be found on the first post of this thread here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Role Cards and Alignment Add-Ons:

Spoiler:
"Ho Ho ho"

You are Santa Claus, the Good Spirit of Christmas.

[flavor]

You are the Embodiment of Christmas

You have been tasked with overseeing this conflict in a fair and unbiased manner, ensuring that the game reaches its conclusion in a just way and where everyone can be ensured to have the most amount of fun possible.

You are in charge of all vote counts that take place, making sure the game thread is handled in a timely manner, and for all reveals of the game. Your rival, Krampus, will assist you when needed, but as these are primarily your responsibilities, you must rely on him as infrequently as you can.

You have no win conditions, as you are not a player of this game in any way.

"And as he had for thousands of years, Krampus came not to reward, but to punish, not to give, but to take."

You are Krampus, the Evil Christmas Spirit

[flavor]

You are the Hater of Christmas

You have been tasked with ensuring that no issues arise in the handling of this game.

Your rival, Santa Claus, has taken full responsibility of the tasks in order to run this game smoothly, but as Rival, your word is final and all decisions are ultimately made by you. You will allow Santa Claus as much freedom to do this how he wishes, but you will not tolerate any action that risks the integrity of the game, and he will respect your judgments in this matter.

You have no win conditions, as you are not a player of this game in any way.

[quote from your character]

[image of your character]

[flavor of your character]

You are a Good Christmas Spirit, a member of the Nice Faction

Each Day Phase, you may place a vote on a player in order to lynch that player. Alternatively, you may instead vote to end the game once you believe that all of the Naughty Faction in the game have been killed.

If you are ever lynched, during the following Twilight phase, you may exhaust the raw fury of your paranoia to haunt one of the players who ended the previous Day Phase with their vote on you. Haunting any player will result in their paranoia becoming so unbearable that they will take their own life as a result. Performing this action is optional. You are not in any way compelled to do this.

You will win with the Nice Faction by convincing the rest of the Nice Faction to end their paranoia along with you once all of the Naughty Faction are dead.
You will lose if too many of the Nice Faction are killed before this happens.
You will lose if at least one member of the Naughty Faction survives a successful attempt to end the game, twice.
You will lose if you do not satisfy all of these objectives before an unknown number of Day Phases have passed.

[Quote from your character]

[image of your character]

[flavor of your character]

You are an Evil Christmas Spirit, a member of the Naughty Faction.

You think that there are others that share your view on Christmas, but you cannot be sure.

Each Day Phase, you may place a vote on a player in order to lynch that player. Alternatively, you may instead vote to end the game in order to fool the rest of the Nice Faction that all Naughty Faction members in the game have been killed.

If you are ever killed, Santa Claus will reveal your evil intentions and your evil soul will be purged, causing you to go straight to the realm of death, where you must reflect on your actions.

You will win with the Naughty Faction only if a member of the Naughty Faction has survived to see the Nice Faction lose the game.
You will lose if all of the Naughty Faction are killed before this happens.

Town peeks are ____ and ____

Most importantly of all, this game is supposed to be fun. It is a celebration of the holiday culture as a whole, and flavor will NOT be alignment indicative. You are encourage to fill the role of the flavor you have been assigned, and enjoy this game. This is by no means mandatory, but enjoy the holidays and be filled with Christmas cheer!

Ralphie - A Christmas Story
Kevin McAllister - Home alone
charlie Brown - Charlie Brown Christmas
Snoopy - Charlie Brown Christmas
Buddy - Elf
Walter Hobbs - Elf?
Jack Skellington - The nightmare before christmas
The Grinch - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Cindy Lou Who - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Ebenezer Scrooge - Scrooge
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman - Frosty the Snowman
Jack Frost - Jack Frost
Mrs. Claus - Honestly i don't know a specific movie
Ghost of Christmas Past - A Christmas Carol
Ghost of Christmas Present - A Christmas Carol
Ghost of Christmas Future- A Christmas Carol
The Nutcracker - The Nutcracker
Harry - Home Alone

The character flavors are seen above
Last edited by Eragon1329 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral

Re: SFM 67: Christmas Paranoia Mafia -- Setup

List of all Players and their flavors
  1. Chemist1422 -> Snoopy
  2. heytheregirl17 -> Frosty the Snowman
  3. therealet1 -> Ralphie
  4. JacksonVirgo -> Mrs. Claus
  5. SparkingJayYT -> Buddy
  6. UzayAltay -> Kevin McAllister
  7. LOLingHyena -> The Grinch
  8. TheWabbit -> Ebenezer Scrooge
  9. Multiuniverse - Harry Lyme
  10. AcidicBreeze -> Cindy Lou hou
  11. polypies73 -> Ghost of Christmas Future
  12. Phone0IX 0verki11 -> Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  13. AlwaysNever -> Jack Frost
  14. Google -> Ghost of Christmas Past
  15. MichaelgRook -> The nutcracker
  16. Tiltedcomedian -> Jack Skellington
  17. dota2reporter -> Charlie Brown
  18. TheDebil -> Ghost of Christmas Present
  19. watchme1 -> Walter Hobbs

Alive... for now
  1. SparkingJayYT
  2. LOLingHyena
  3. Multiuniverse
  4. AcidicBreeze
  5. Google -> Kosmo16
  6. dota2reporter

Dead
  1. The decade of 2010-2019
  2. watchme1 - Lynched Day 1 - Walter Hobbs
  3. Tiltedcomedian - Vengefulled Twilight 1 - Jack Skellington
  4. Phone0IX 0verki11 - Lynched Day 2 - Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
  5. TheDebil - Vengefulled Twilight 2 - Ghost of Christmas Present
  6. Heytheregirl17 - Lynched Day 3 - Frosty the Snowman
  7. JacksonVirgo - Lynched Day 4 - Mrs. Claus
  8. AlwaysNever- Vengekilled Twilight 4 - Jack Frost
  9. UzayAltay - Lynched Day 5 - Kevin McAllister
  10. polypies73 - Vengekilled Twilight 5 - Ghost of Christmas Future
  11. therealet1 -> SaggingWristwatch - Lynched Day 6 - Ralphie
  12. TheWabbit - Lynched Day 7 - Ebenezer Scrooge
  13. MichaelgRook - Lynched Day 8 - The Nutcracker
  14. Chemist1422 - Vengekilled Twilight 8 - Snoopy
Last edited by Eragon1329 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Last edited by Eragon1329 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

One thing that Rick and I will be policing heavily is Twilight posting. Because of the important aspect of this game happening after a Lynch, it could harm the game-state for people to communicate after a Lynch has occurred.

So, when a Lynch has commenced, and the time remaining in the day is up, please do not continue posting, even if Rick and I are not completely available to lock the thread.

Additionally, I would like to remind everyone that this game is majority-voting only. When the deadline is reached, if no one has reached the majority vote, there WILL be a no-lynch.

Last edited by Eragon1329 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby Eragon1329 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Ho Ho Ho, another successful year and another successful Christmas. All those happy boys and girls, with all their presents, family gatherings, and ugly Christmas Sweaters... it makes my heart feel warm and fuzzy inside. This decade has passed with little conflict during the Christmas season, and only the minor offense ending up on my naughty list. They've all been sorted out though, and I'm looking forward to another year of building toys, losing weight for a new Christmas splurge, and another peaceful Christmas for all the girls and boys.

SANTA CLAUS!!! THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST YEAR OF SPOILING LITTLE GIRLS AND BOYS WITH GIFTS AND PRESENTS. NO LONGER WILL THEY GET REWARDED FOR DOING NOTHING, RATHER, THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED. NAY, THEY WILL BE PUNISHED BY ME, KRAMPUS, WHEN I DESTROY YOU AND STEAL YOUR HOLIDAY FROM YOUR HANDS. I HAVE MANY MANY AGENTS STREWN ACROSS THE WORLD, ALL WORKING WITH ME TO UNDERMINE CHRISTMAS AND CREATE THE NEW HOLIDAY... KRAMPUSMAS! SAY GOODBYE, SANTA.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Krampus? Impossible, I sealed you away eons ago. Your banishment was the cause of the very first Christmas, when I created the holiday to celebrate family and spirit. As once before, I shall do again. Your evil doings can never conquer the spirits of truth and loyalty. Christmas will forever be a time of gratitude, thanks, and joy of spending time with family and receiving gifts. I will not allow you to punish innocent children without reason. I shall banish you once again... mark my words, evil monster.

YOU DARE MOCK ME WITH YOUR FEEBLE WORDS, OLD MAN? YES, YOU SEALED ME ONCE, IN YOUR PRIME, LONG AGO. BUT I HAVE BEEN STRENGTHENING MY POWER THIS ENTIRE TIME. YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME. I WILL ENTRAP YOU IN ETERNAL AGONY FOREVER, FOR LOCKING ME AWAY AND SPOILING ALL THOSE CHILDREN. YOUR DOOM IS NIGH, SANTA CLAUS.

Curses. Krampus is right. I am no longer in my prime, able to defeat his immense power, along with the minions he has. Looks at stomach Curses upon you cookies and milk, you have made me soft. I no longer can defeat Krampus alone. I will need the help of many heroes, people who hold Christmas dear to their heart, in order to defeat Krampus once and for all. Come, Heroes of Christmas, I call upon you to defend the holiday that you hold most dear. Defend Christmas from Krampus's evil, and do not falter. We must emerge victorious, Christmas can not end, and herald in the reign of Krampus. This would spell doom for the world as we know it. Rise, heroes, and take hold of the future.

YOU THINK THOSE PUNY "HEROES OF CHRISTMAS" WILL SAVE YOU, SANTA CLAUS? I HAVE ALSO INFILTRATED THE RANKS OF YOUR SO-CALLED HEROES WITH MINIONS OF MY OWN, POSING TO BE HEROES LIKE YOUR CHOSEN. THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR HEROES FROM THE INSIDE, LEAVING YOU VULNERABLE, AND YOUR HOLIDAY DESTROYED.

Damn! Heroes, you must overcome this obstacle before you can save Christmas. Find those that have the mark of Krampus on their soul, and rid them from your ranks. Only then can we start our crusade to finally rid this world of Krampus. You cannot fail. You must not fall. Christmas must survive. Heroes of Christmas, never forget your duty, never forget... you are fighting for the sake of Christmas.
Last edited by Eragon1329 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby Eragon1329 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:21 pm

Paranoia Votes

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Lynch votes

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Day Phase 1 Has Begun. You have 72 hours to decide on a Lynch. (also im giving you like an extra 7 minutes so we end on the even half hour.)

Day will end on January 7th, at 7:30 PM PST
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby Eragon1329 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:25 pm

reserved for Q&A if needed
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:25 pm

yooooooo guys i can prove i'm town
Spoiler: Image
heytheregirl17 wrote:Y'all trust me when it comes to matters of protecting ourselves from aliens

I'm not sure whether that says more about me or you guys
heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Location: respawining at phylactery, please wait... (CST, UST-6)

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:25 pm

Merry Christmas!

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:26 pm

heytheregirl17 wrote:yooooooo guys i can prove i'm town

Ok

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:27 pm

SparkingJayYT wrote:

Ok

you know how I'm frosty the snowman
heytheregirl17 wrote:Y'all trust me when it comes to matters of protecting ourselves from aliens

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:28 pm

heytheregirl17 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:

Ok

Yes...

(where is this leading)

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby TheWabbit » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:28 pm

this thread is now locked

i have a stupid idea, wanna hear about it?

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia

Postby heytheregirl17 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:29 pm

SparkingJayYT wrote:
heytheregirl17 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:

Ok

Yes...

(where is this leading)

if you lynch me i'll be back again someday

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 8-)

heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby Eragon1329 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:29 pm

TheWabbit wrote:this thread is now locked

why are you posting if the thread is locked?
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby TheWabbit » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:29 pm

heytheregirl17 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:

Ok

without your hat you're useless

TheWabbit

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:31 pm

heytheregirl17 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
heytheregirl17 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:

Ok

Yes...

(where is this leading)

if you lynch me i'll be back again someday

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 8-)

Because there is a ret, I get ya :PepeNice:

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby TheWabbit » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:

why are you posting if the thread is locked?

i need some alone time to count my money

scram

TheWabbit

Postby TheWabbit » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:34 pm

/vote Tiltedcomedian

he needs to die for rolling jack skellington
he wants to steal satan's spotlight

not that i care about it

----
on a serious note,
htg villa
sparking probs wolf

TheWabbit

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:34 pm

All ideas are good ideas as long as you believe in your heart that it is a good idea - Ghandi 2020

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: SFM 67: Christmas Paranoia Mafia - The Rise of Krampus:D

Postby dota2reporter » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:41 pm

hey lads

I am town. I am not lying.

yeah
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47