Vigilante Death Note

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Should Vigilante be allowed to have a death note?

Yes
17%
Yes, but like Jailor's
43%
No
40%

Total votes : 30

Vigilante Death Note

Postby nicholasleejy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:21 am

I think this would be interesting to have. There were times as the Vigilante where I would've liked to write a death note as to why I killed them, or a wisecrack or something. Maybe not like the normal death note but something similar to the Jailor's version of it.

Based on a wiki, all Town Killing roles used to have a death note, but was removed as "They used this to easily confirm themselves, which is the reason BlankMediaGames made the change.". But usually, they can be confirmed easily or are rarely challenged, and they usually claim on the next day for doing something. In a way, the Vigilante and the Jailor are quite similar: they specifically attack one target if they want, they have a limited number of attacks, and they take a penalty for wrongful killing. So why not let the Vigilante have one as well? Curious to see what people think.
*Town puts the pirate on trial for killing a townie*

YAAAAARRRRRGGGHH, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW I PLUNDERED A TOWNIE ?!?!

*Town lynches the pirate*

Lesson: Don't get mad at the pirate, leave them be or tell them who to plunder and he'll oblige. (most of the time)
nicholasleejy
Jester
Jester

Re: Vigilante Death Note

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:48 am

Then you get to coven... where noob vigis claim early (or after theyve shot) and get 2 town killed, as the coven leader uses them to shoot a townie (draining them in the process)... then the necromancer uses them to shoot another townie, resulting in 3 town deaths becuase a noob vigi claimed early XD

Then you get VIP mode, where vigi is a typical claim, especially by medusa, who wants the vigi to shoot them (or cc them for the reasons mentioned above) while the coven leader protects them with a trapper or crusader. Medusa doesnt care, because getting lynched, instead of the Coven Leader (or any other coven member for that matter) is a huge advantage for the coven faction overall. If vigi ccs, CL uses them to kill town, if vigi stays silent and shoots, they die to TP and get stoned.. win/win. Hell, I even claim vigi as any coven role to buy myself a night a lot.

I really dont think town needs any more roles that are self confirmable either. Even if the dn is like the jailors.. ''Im shooting 5 and using the top sentence on the dn!''
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:12 am

Getting something like Jailor's wouldn't be awful, but that's mostly because you get fed the info that it was a Vigilante shot.

Would be much better if that wasn't outright confirmed and this also didn't happen.

As for a full death note - no lmao we don't need to go back to those days they were awful
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby ArsonistzRakiem » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:47 am

Vigilante's and Veteran's death notes were removed for a reason
ArsonistzRakiem
Executioner
Executioner

Postby DoodleNoodleFroodle » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:47 am

It used to have one, but they got rid of it simply because it was too easy to confirm yourself as the Town Killing role.
It is still easy, however now evils have a chance of counter claiming and getting you killed.
Last edited by DoodleNoodleFroodle on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoodleNoodleFroodle
Jester
Jester

Postby NotLikeICheat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:48 am

Their death notes were removed just so you can counter claim them as an evil role for a more balances experience and it is better that way
NotLikeICheat
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ShylokVakarian » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:14 am

I support bringing back Veteran's full death note, but not Vigi's. Veteran is already pretty easy to confirm, so it doesn't really change anything regarding balance. Plus people just used it as a sort of taunt, which was sometimes amusing. (I remember one saying "GET OFF MY LAWN!")
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:27 am

Vets could still use their death note to confirm themselves if they killed evils only (who obviously lied about their real visits).
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Yemac » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:56 am

I /semisupport, but there's one issue with this. What about witch? If witch witches a vigilante, can witch then pick an option? I'm afraid that there will be a META where if vig actually chooses to shoot someone, they pick option B and if they made no choice they were witched. (if you go with DN like Jailor)
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Flavorable » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:52 am

/nosupport

Especially in Coven, with the Necromancer, it'd be too easy to confirm/deny the existence of a Necromancer. Plus, let's be fair, town doesn't need any more easily confirmable roles and to me, it doesn't add anything to the game, since it's not really needed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:33 am

Flavorable wrote:/nosupport

Especially in Coven, with the Necromancer, it'd be too easy to confirm/deny the existence of a Necromancer. Plus, let's be fair, town doesn't need any more easily confirmable roles and to me, it doesn't add anything to the game, since it's not really needed.

Didn't even think of Necro
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby ShylokVakarian » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:49 am

Joacgroso wrote:Vets could still use their death note to confirm themselves if they killed evils only (who obviously lied about their real visits).

Vets usually just outright say who they are after they kill someone anyways, and since it's a unique role, most people don't question it. It only changes things when an evil tries to claim/counterclaim Vet, but from what I remember, Vets never used death notes for confirming themselves, so it's kind of a null issue anyways. Even if they DID immediately start signing their death notes, it doesn't change much in the meta. It just prevents evils from counterclaiming Vet (Except for, like, Jester), and making claiming Vet a bit more risky, both of which evils almost never seem to do from my perspective.

DoodleNoodleFroodle wrote:It used to have one, but they got rid of it simply because it was too easy to confirm yourself as the Town Killing role.
It is still easy, however now evils have a chance of counter claiming and getting you killed.

They were removed because it was too easy to share information with Town ANONYMOUSLY. Vigs would bung their failed shots into the death note and kill someone, anyone, and then just not reveal themselves when those people were inevitably town, in the hopes that scum will target them that night and waste their kill. Now they actually have to come out and SAY they're Vig, and that so-and-so is immune, or write it in their wills and hope they die as soon as possible.

Now, Vets on the other hand have no worthwhile information to share, other than they're Vets, or whatever a seancing Medium tells them. So their death notes were glorified taunts that were fun to read when they managed to score kills. Usually.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Suggestions