AFK check

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

AFK check

Postby kourt » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:11 am

With the amount of AFK'ers in the game, could we just get a simple check that if you haven't voted or used any actions for 2 days and 2 nights in a row, you have to prove you're not AFK or it just kills you? I'm tired of games stretching into draws / losses because someone like the GF is AFK. Just a simple button you have to push on the 2nd night of doing nothing, or you die in the morning. Then an AFK GF with a dead mafioso can't hold an entire team hostage.
kourt
Executioner
Executioner

Re: AFK check

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:14 am

Kinda destroys a jester strat, albeit a dumb jester strat but it still is one.
So probably not, just report them I guess?

I know you shouldn't need to but yeah.

Ideally though, implementing mafia tactical kills would solve that issue as the AFK GF could get puppeted into killing or someone else can do the kill
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kourt » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:20 am

It doesn't hurt anyone. All you would have to do is push a button at night that wouldn't tell anyone anything. Unless you're using an AFK'er strat as jester. Which is a fairly dubious strategy, IMO.

As far as the whole bussing the AFK GF, that's fine in early game, but not when it gets to 3v2 and you have majority but you can't vote any town and you can't kill anyone. As a note, I do also report anyone (on either side) for AFK, but it just drags out and ruins games it happens in.
kourt
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Superalex11 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:59 am

I fully support this. If implemented, BMG wouldn't even need to create anything to make this work, either (like a button at night), as evident by their 5 minute afk-check in menus. All it takes to "show yourself" as non-afk to the game is clicking anywhere within that 5 minute period, so something like that could be put in-game with a more strict check (e.g. every 1-2 minutes).
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:29 am

Or you can try and bus the afk. If youre afk n1 in my evil faction, I will bus you day 2 no worries....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SparkingJay » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:26 am

kyuss420 wrote:Or you can try and bus the afk. If youre afk n1 in my evil faction, I will bus you day 2 no worries....

That won't always be the case, such as if they randomly go AFK in the middle of the game where you have already claimed a different role. Or it is a 3v1 but AFKer isn't there to vote up the Last Mafia/Townie resulting in a Draw/Loss.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:47 am

SparkingJayYT wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:Or you can try and bus the afk. If youre afk n1 in my evil faction, I will bus you day 2 no worries....

That won't always be the case, such as if they randomly go AFK in the middle of the game where you have already claimed a different role. Or it is a 3v1 but AFKer isn't there to vote up the Last Mafia/Townie resulting in a Draw/Loss.

Oh yea, that afk has saved my ass as NK many times. Never kill an afk as NK.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Pterodactilus » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:22 am

Sometimes unexpected things happen during the game and they just have to leave for like a minute, however I don't think afk check is something we need tbh.
Pterodactilus
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby kourt » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:53 am

Leaving for a minute is one thing. Leaving for 3 full day cycles is throwing at the very least. Especially when you are the GF and mafioso is already dead.
kourt
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Transcender » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:25 am

Thisll be good, afkers are trash /support
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Return to Suggestions