Steam Unity Update 3.1.6

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Steam Unity Update 3.1.6

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:09 pm

Hey Townies,

Today we are releasing patch 3.1.6 for Steam. We are going over your feedback, fixing issues, and making improvements. Keep sending your feedback our way, and we will continue trying to make this game the best it can be! Here's a list of improvements, as well as bug and crash fixes included in this patch:

IMPROVEMENTS
• General - removed an internet reachability check that is critical for mobile but unneeded for Steam. This removes one unneeded path for the game detecting loss of internet connection that could result in the game believing you are disconnected when you actually are not.
• Burger Menu - Added links to our Social Media pages under the Settings Help menu.
• Login - Added a Holiday background on Login screen during holiday season.
• Login - Added holiday music on login screen during holiday season. Added other Login music to play at specific times of year.
• Friends Chat - Added autoscroll to Friends chat.
• Shop - Reduced the size of character and pet purchase confirmation popups.
• Art - Improvements to skins: Doctor, Serial Killer, John Hathorne, Giles Corey, Minx, Sheriff, Dracula, Mary Warren, and Abigail Williams.
• Sound - Added muting/unmuting controls to almost all screens for quick access.
• Popups - Reduced size of various popups throughout app.
• Game - Minor improvements to the appearance of the header text in game.
• Game - Graveyard menu and targeting menus now only show scroll bars if needed.
• Game - Made the "You were hauled off to jail" message more prominent.
• Game - Added a gold highlight to the splitter bar on chat log to make it more visible.
• Game - Reduced the size of Last Will, Death Note, Jailor Death Note, Judgement menu, and Notepad.
• Game - Avatar names will no longer fade-in/out during walk to/from house.
• Report Player - Input box now properly receives focus, and chatbox will now show a confirmation message after reporting a player.
• Report Player - Removed the raycast click blocker so player can continue to chat while preparing a report.
• Settings - Added a new "Enable player log" setting in the Burger Menu Help page to allow creation of a player log for troubleshooting purposes.
• End Game screen - Replaced buttons with tabs for player list and game results panels.
• Steam Linking - Added a Help button and a Help popup to the Steam Linking popups.

BUG FIXES
• General - upgraded Unity version to address Unity bug with Citrix display.
• Login - Improved some user feedback when not connected to internet and starting game through Steam.
• Home - Removed unneeded queued Friend Chat toaster notifications when a conversation has already been shown.
• Party Invite Popup - Custom name input field now receives focus automatically and will detect press of the enter key.
• Friend Chat - New lines are now removed from pasted-in multiline messages.
• Friend Chat - Chat input is now properly focused when opened on Party screen.
• Add Friend - Add friend input box is now properly focused when opened on Party screen.
• Game - When a game ends, countdown timer panel now properly shows Game Over icon and tooltip rather than Last Words.
• Game Notes - Text at the bottom of long notes can now be selected with the mouse.
• Game - Pirate can no longer plunder the same target two nights in a row.
• Game - Defense tooltip link in role card popup opened from role list now works properly.
• Game Chat - Flashing input cursor now properly disappears when Last Will, Death Note, or Note has focus.
• Chat Log - Autoscroll of chat log should now function correctly.
• End Game - The Player List status colors are no longer reset when clicking to Player Stats tab and back again.
• End Game - The Previous Roles button is now available for self.
• Report player - The last entry in the Reason dropdown is no longer clipped.

CRASH FIXES
• Fixed ArrayTypeMismatchException that could occur while sizing raycast detector in action buttons.
• Fixed NullReferenceException that could occur in the game chat when initializing sprites.
• Fixed Unable to parse message crash that could occur when a scroll is consumed.
• Fixed ArgumentOutOfRangeException that could occur when updating the targeting buttons.
• Fixed IndexOutOfRangeException that could occur in graveyard while updating action panels.
• Fixed NullReferenceException that could occur while starting a character animation in game.
• Fixed ArrayTypeMismatchException that could occur in game while updating action panels.
• Other - additional crash fixes in Steam Linking and character animations.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Steam Unity Update 3.1.6

Postby NateNate60 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:03 am

Very cool, but the game is STILL USING THAT HORRIBLE FONT! Why can't it just be Arial?
Rolled Jailer Exe Mayor
NateNate60
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:20 am

NateNate60 wrote:Very cool, but the game is STILL USING THAT HORRIBLE FONT! Why can't it just be Arial?

Personally, I like the font.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:56 am

NateNate60 wrote:Very cool, but the game is STILL USING THAT HORRIBLE FONT! Why can't it just be Arial?

That font could be corporate design, though.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:55 pm

I would like to point out that it's been 19 hours and the Steam version has not been updated yet.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Jerme wrote:

keyword- "c o u l d"
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby NateNate60 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:30 pm

Jerme wrote:

If it is, I think it's bad design. It doesn't fit with the theme of the game at all. Maybe they should use a more "serious" looking font. This would mean using serif fonts like Baskerville Old Face or Bell MT. Arial is just like the cheddar cheese of fonts. It's not special but it's simple enough to please almost everyone.
Rolled Jailer Exe Mayor
NateNate60
Witch
Witch

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:10 am

A serif font for such a text-based game sounds like a pain ngl
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Transcender » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:49 am

orangeandblack5 wrote:A serif font for such a text-based game sounds like a pain ngl

So would papyrus, it doesnt mean the current font is good
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:00 pm

But I'm responding to a specific post suggesting a serif font be used, not commenting on the current font at all
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:47 pm

i dont like it and i havent even tried the pc version yet, so u know its bad
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jerme » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:58 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:i dont like it and i havent even tried the pc version yet, so u know its bad

Well, we do have gotten the opposite feedback as well, so we knows its a big change that one has to get accustomed to, then it might be alright again. Your opinion has no higher value than the one of each other member of the community, so if you say its bad, its bad in your opinion, but doesn't mean that others have to regard it as bad, nor that the client itself is bad either.
The Steamclient is further progressed than the mobile client, so some UI stuff and some options have been included that mobile doesn't have, yet.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Announcements