Make Framer, Disguiser, Janitor, and Forger affect lynches.

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Make Framer, Disguiser, Janitor, and Forger affect lynches.

Postby Kikigiri » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 am

It's too easy for the Town to win by eliminating every option in the role list, even today. To make it a bit harder, I suggest buffing the Framer, Disguiser, and Janitor so their abilities last through the next day and take effect if the target (or, in the Disguiser's case, they themselves) are lynched.

Framed targets who are lynched the next day would show as Framer.

The Janitor would be allowed to target Mafia members.

This would improve the game in several ways:

1. It would make it easier and more reliable for those roles to create claimspace for the Mafia.

2. It would, generally, reward good play on the part of the Mafia. You'd have to predict that someone is going to get lynched, or get them lynched yourself, in order to benefit from them. This is a buff, but one that benefits the Mafia most if they play well. Similarly, Disguisers would still need to write a good will and know what they're disguised as to get full benefit. (The benefit to a disguiser could be huge - eg. an investigative who got them lynched might look like a fake - but having a good will as a disguiser is not easy, so it is worth rewarding. If the Town accepts the Disguised role without a good will, that's their screwup.)

3. It would allow Framers to be more aggressive when accusing their targets. Of course, it would also be a bit suspicious to find a framer - but that's something framers could exploit, too, by writing a good Town will.

4. The Janitor could clean Mafia members who seem likely to get lynched, which could cast suspicion on their accuser; or they could clean rival evils who seem likely to get lynched, obscuring whether they were actually evil, or they could clean Town who are likely to get lynched to spread confusion.

Note that (aside from the Disguiser and sometimes the Janitor) these mostly reward the Mafia for causing mislynches intentionally.

Extending this to the Forger helps because, in combination with the Disguiser buff, they can make Town who get lynched appear to be Disguisers; it also just gives Forgers another possible way to slip their wills in, and keeps them from falling behind Janitors in terms of flexibility.
Please put the Witch in Coven mode. I miss it. :-(
Kikigiri
Jailor
Jailor

Re: Make Framer, Disguiser, Janitor, and Forger affect lynch

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 am

I swear Disguiser already did this
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby fwogcarf » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:37 am

This makes Framer more useless
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:11 am

I've already suggested a lynch janitor, which everyone ignored lol (not gon' cry, not gon' cry :'c)
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby orangeandblack5 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:21 am

My problem with the Janitor part is that Janitor definitely does not need any buffs
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby EgyptFalcon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:29 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:I've already suggested a lynch janitor, which everyone ignored lol (not gon' cry, not gon' cry :'c)

Saw it, like it, appreciated it. Just didn't know how to formulate my thoughts about it but know it did not go unnoticed ^_^
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Return to Role Ideas