Jester automatic haunt message should seen by everyone

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Jester automatic haunt message should seen by everyone

Postby Zabuciddin » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:08 am

When jester didin't choose a target for haunting i want to everyone see the message jester randomly picked someone. Because there is many times i played as jester and i had few couple games like Godfather-Jester-Serial Killer. Casually i promise to them if they lynch me i wont choose game will randomly choose everyone has %50-%50 chance. So i want to let them know i didin't pick anything. It is happend to me a lot like Town-Jester-SK i told them if they wont vote for me i will vote who didin't vote for me so that person gonna lose.
Zabuciddin
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Jester automatic haunt message should seen by everyone

Postby ProtoZigg » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:45 am

/support I like jester
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive"

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Transcender » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:13 am

that takes away from the mystery of the game
/nosupport.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Yosh1123 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Jester haunt shouldnt be told like this, you should be able to lie about your haunt
Yosh1123
Civilian
Civilian

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:15 am

Any Jester win which has Town think it's a jester is a terrible Jester game. The role shouldn't be changed for a win that isn't having Town think you're evil.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:38 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:Any Jester win which has Town think it's a jester is a terrible Jester game. The role shouldn't be changed for a win that isn't having Town think you're evil.

imo a diplomatic jester win is a good jester win because you somehow have to get town to trust you. rng killing message would change nothing as an rng kill by jester wouldnt help town most of the time.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:00 am

Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:Any Jester win which has Town think it's a jester is a terrible Jester game. The role shouldn't be changed for a win that isn't having Town think you're evil.

imo a diplomatic jester win is a good jester win because you somehow have to get town to trust you. rng killing message would change nothing as an rng kill by jester wouldnt help town most of the time.

Yeah I guess so, I just hate winning by siding with Town or getting to a 1v1v1 it's gross to me
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:01 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:

Yeah I guess so, I just hate winning by siding with Town or getting to a 1v1v1 it's gross to me

theres better ways to do it. I'll probably make a stratdiscussion thread later
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby James2 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Zabuciddin wrote:When jester didin't choose a target for haunting i want to everyone see the message jester randomly picked someone. Because there is many times i played as jester and i had few couple games like Godfather-Jester-Serial Killer. Casually i promise to them if they lynch me i wont choose game will randomly choose everyone has %50-%50 chance. So i want to let them know i didin't pick anything. It is happend to me a lot like Town-Jester-SK i told them if they wont vote for me i will vote who didin't vote for me so that person gonna lose.

The jester isn't "supposed" to be able to randomly kill. That's just necessary to provide for cases where the jester doesn't perform their action. Honestly, if anything, the jester should be denied the win if they fail to submit a kill.

Any mechanism which relies on the town (or any other faction) "trusting" kingmakers is against the spirit of the game. Kingmakers should be totally free agents.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Transcender » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:35 am

James2 wrote:
Zabuciddin wrote:When jester didin't choose a target for haunting i want to everyone see the message jester randomly picked someone. Because there is many times i played as jester and i had few couple games like Godfather-Jester-Serial Killer. Casually i promise to them if they lynch me i wont choose game will randomly choose everyone has %50-%50 chance. So i want to let them know i didin't pick anything. It is happend to me a lot like Town-Jester-SK i told them if they wont vote for me i will vote who didin't vote for me so that person gonna lose.

The jester isn't "supposed" to be able to randomly kill. That's just necessary to provide for cases where the jester doesn't perform their action. Honestly, if anything, the jester should be denied the win if they fail to submit a kill.

Any mechanism which relies on the town (or any other faction) "trusting" kingmakers is against the spirit of the game. Kingmakers should be totally free agents.

Lovers mode pirate uwu
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Zabuciddin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:57 am

There is a fact called "Jester Roulette" i think devs. able to do that option for us. It has to be done tbh. Don' ignore it pls.
Zabuciddin
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Transcender » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:17 am

Zabuciddin wrote:There is a fact called "Jester Roulette" i think devs. able to do that option for us. It has to be done tbh. Don' ignore it pls.

what
what do you mean
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby James2 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:27 am

Google wrote:
James2 wrote:

Lovers mode pirate uwu

Once a pirate has won two duels, they can do whatever they want, even in Lovers mode.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Transcender » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:23 pm

James2 wrote:
Google wrote:
James2 wrote:

Lovers mode pirate uwu

Once a pirate has won two duels, they can do whatever they want, even in Lovers mode.

once a jester has been lynched, they can do whatever they want, even if they are a kingmaker
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby James2 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm

Google wrote:
James2 wrote:
Google wrote:
James2 wrote:

Lovers mode pirate uwu

once a jester has been lynched, they can do whatever they want, even if they are a kingmaker

I agree. My point is that they should have to *choose* their action, like all other kingmakers. They certainly shouldn't be able to prove that they didn't choose, as the OP proposed.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:52 am

James2 wrote:

Idk what spirit of the game youre talking about, but getting opposing factions to trust you before you stab them in the back is very much in the spirit of the game

So OP wants it to be known he let it rando because he doesnt want anyone thinking hes an ass.... really? what an ass.... scared of paybacks in later games or what?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby James2 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:37 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
James2 wrote:

Any mechanism which relies on the town (or any other faction) "trusting" kingmakers is against the spirit of the game. Kingmakers should be removed.

Fixed that for you, otherwise agreed.

Kingmakers are an inherent part of third-party mafia. The only way to get rid of them is to eliminate the neutral roles entirely.

kyuss420 wrote:
James2 wrote:

Idk what spirit of the game youre talking about, but getting opposing factions to trust you before you stab them in the back is very much in the spirit of the game

Trust, in the general sense, refers to the reliance of people on the presumed honesty of other people. Players in this game "trust" each other based on (perceived) alignment. Authentic trust has no place in the game.

So OP wants it to be known he let it rando because he doesnt want anyone thinking hes an ass.... really? what an ass.... scared of paybacks in later games or what?

Basically. Which is why what he proposes is unfair. He wants to create a reputation for honesty and use it for his future advantage.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:02 pm

wtf men jester needs to be heard by all cus jester has no eyes.
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive"

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas