United, we STAND.

Divided, we F
A
L
L

These Dividing Lines - Part Two

VLDR - A Game of Two Halves

[Game Rules]

1) Respect me and the other players. Please remember that this is just a game.

2) Role-playing is strongly encouraged but will not be enforced. Anything out of character or fourth wall breaking should go inside of brackets.

3) Roles exist in this game. Do not reference them in ways that break the fourth wall.

4) Do not go against your win condition. Exceptions may be granted for character reasons (meaning if you play the character over the role, I won't penalize you).

5) This game will take place entirely in Private Messages. If there are 5 people already in a room, you will not be allowed to enter, although the people inside will be informed that someone wants to enter. The thread will be used solely for the OP, game announcements, Jukebox updates and postgame chat.

6) The player list is hidden. Do not state that you are or are not in the game. Knowing the player list, or attempting to determine if someone is or is not in the game will result in a modkill or forcibly being replaced out.

7) This game is highly symbolic in nature and is not to be taken literally. There are things which will not make sense. Please suspend your disbelief.

8) Remember to have fun. If you aren't enjoying the game, please let me know. I'm always looking for ways to improve my games and hosting abilities.

[Attributes]

Code: Select all
Strength [STR]: Determines the power of your punches and how much you can lift.
Stealth [STL]: How sneaky you are and how capable you are at passing by unnoticed, stealing or planting items.
Constitution [CON]: How big of a build you have and how many hits you can take before you go down.
Willpower [WIL]: Affects how likely you are to die or only be unconscious when a fatal blow is dealt.
Accuracy [ACC]: How accurate you are. Is a strong factor in trying to stab or shoot other players.
Luck [LUC]: How lucky you are. A higher Luck stat means things of chance are more likely to go in your favour.

You may be adept or inept in some areas. Adept means the best of two rolls is taken. Inept means the worse of two rolls is taken.

Not every game in the series will use all 6 of these stats, but no game will use a stat outside of these six.

[Activity]

Do not join this game if you will not be active. Between Mondays and Thursdays actions will only be processed between 5:00 and 11:00 PM EST (unless stated otherwise). Weekend schedules will vary.

If you are inactive, I may act for you should the situation demand it. You may send me instructions for what to do in such an event at any time. I will try to play your character as you have been playing so far (meaning if you are avoiding conflict, you will run away if attacked, if you have been starting fights you will retaliate, etc). Do not complain about actions taken while you are inactive. Always remember that the alternative for if I take action for you would have been far worse than what actually happened.

[Inventory]

All players get 5 inventory slots plus a hidden slot. All items become visible on death or if you are searched while unconscious. Items that are part of a role do not count towards your limit. (You do not have more slots, but starting items are not counted if the player who started with them is holding them).

[Actions]

You may attempt any action you like. A D20 will be used to gauge success or failure in your actions. Creative actions are encouraged.
A roll of 20 is a guaranteed success for your action, and a roll of 1 is a guaranteed failure, unless a role's ability explicitly dictates otherwise.

All actions must be submitted via the bot's !add command. If you need help using the bot, ask me in your private channel, or use the !help command for a list of actions.

[Maps]

When you join, I will send you a link to a google spreadsheet. This will be your map. As you explore new areas, I will add them to your map.
I will also be adding room descriptions and character descriptions of people you have met in the spreadsheet so you can reference them at your convenience.
You will have edit permissions for if you wish to make notes on the map or on other in-game events. Please do not change the room names or alter the map. Don't be that guy.

[Joining Procedure]

Post !join in your private channel in the Game Discord Server. Signups open at 8:00 PM EST on October 22nd.

YOU MUST BE IN THE DISCORD SERVER IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO JOIN THE GAME!

[Lies and Deception]

I as the Game Host will lie to you during the course of the game to preserve the integrity of the lore, should the need demand it. I will never lie to you in your role card. The mechanics of this game are explicitly non-bastard in nature. Everything in this post is guaranteed to be true. Anything beyond this point may contain lies.

[Players]

[REDACTED - FULL, ACCEPTING BACKUPS]

[Jukebox]

[Past Songs]

Pac Man World 2 ~ Clyde in the Caldera
Scatman John ~ Scatman's World
Pac Man World 2 ~ Volcanic Panic
Pac Man World 2 ~ Butane Pain
Pac Man World 2 ~ Into the Volcano
Bejeweled 3 ~ Butterflies
Last edited by LordofFail on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Re: Zero Escape: VLDR - A Game of Two Halves

Postby LordofFail » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:51 pm

A man sits at a desk in a dimly lit room. To his right is a pistol and six bullets arranged neatly in front of it. To his left lies a single pen. And in front of him is a blank journal. There is an unfilled label on the cover reading “This journal belongs to: _______”. The man picks up the pen and fills in the blank. This journal belongs to TGS-1780. He sighs deeply before opening the cover and beginning to write.

TGS-1780 wrote:
Life is simply unfair, don’t you think?

All it takes is a spark.
A spark that turns into a flame.
A flame that becomes a fire.
A fire that evolves into a blaze.
A blaze that expands into a disaster.
A disaster that creates a cataclysm.
A cataclysm that sparks an extinction.
All from a single, solitary spark, everything can come to an end.

Some sparks are snuffed out early, either as a realized threat or by accident. But some sparks are fed fuel, exacerbating their growth until it reaches critical mass.
We stand here at this point. The train is about to careen off the tracks, plummeting into the abyss below. The abyss that once started as a small crack, but like the spark that became the extinction, grew.
It grew and grew, until it fully divided a once united region into two halves. People were separated. Families, torn apart. Either East or West but not both.
Except for me. I’m both. And I’m neither. I’m all and nothing all at the same time. I’ve lived two lives. A game of two halves, you might call it.

My father was from the east, and my mother from the west. She was pregnant during the fire and my parents were separated by the wall that sprung up afterwards.
It wasn’t always a physical wall, at the beginning it was just a symbolic wall, an area where the line was drawn and people rarely passed through.
After a few years though, a real wall was built because of rising violence between the sides, and both sides forbade anyone from crossing over under penalty of death for treason.
But that didn’t stop us. My father found a way to get fake documents for me, and my parents met once a year to smuggle me across to the other side.
Of course, it couldn’t be above ground. That wall is impenetrable, there aren’t even any checkpoints in it. We had to use the old abandoned underground subway system which remained mostly intact.

From birth, I always lived two lives. I had two names, two personalities, and two stories for why I only had one parent.
On one side, my father abandoned me at birth, and on the other, my mother died giving birth.
In a sense, both are true, and both are false.

Much like the choices I face - no option quite right, but no option quite wrong either...

The Game of Two Halves has begun.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:34 pm

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:45 pm

The man continues to write.

TGS-1780 wrote:I still have nightmares of that day.
The day where everything changed.
Where all hope of becoming One were dashed.
The day where I was broken.

The day where, though I did not yet know it, I had become Zero.

The rain pours down onto the streets of the city. The people are enraged. Today marks the ninth anniversary of the assassination of the leader of the Western Reformists by the Eastern Bloc. The Eastern Bloc refuse to acknowledge the assassination, claiming that the "assassination" was staged and that their leader is still alive somewhere.

Meanwhile, the leader of the Eastern Bloc had resigned a few years ago because of all the negative press they were getting over it. Naturally, the Western Reformists didn’t care much for this. They demanded blood. They wanted to see a head on a pike. The Western Reformists claimed that the "resignation" was a scam and that their leader continued to lead from the shadows.

Beneath the rainy streets of the city, in the underground tunnels of the old abandoned subway system, three people run for their lives. Today is the day where two parents, one from each side, smuggle their child across from one side to the other for him to live his other life.

But today is different, the tunnels are swarming with guards. Perhaps they received a hot tip? Doesn’t matter. They can’t be caught or they will surely be executed for treason. There have been some near misses in the past, barely evading guard details, but luck would abandon them today. A guard spots them. The father demands that they scatter in different directions, and to meet up on the other side.

The parents are caught almost immediately. The child, 20 years of age, manages to elude most of the guard detail for a while, but his fate was sealed long ago. He rounds a corner and crashes into someone. "You--! But you’re-!" He gets cut off as a guard tackles him to the ground and arrests him.

The interrogation is harsh. The parents tell all, including the double identity of their child. They are placed in solitary confinement in a maximum security prison, each isolated from each other.

TGS-1780 wrote:I wasn’t in prison long. Maybe a week, tops. They pulled me out and offered me a deal, considering my unique situation with having connections on the other side. I didn’t really have a choice. It was take their offer or death. Looking back on it, death may have been the better option. I was doomed to die anyways, accepting their offer only delayed the inevitable...

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:35 pm

A huge tremor shakes the entire plant to its core.

All of the lights go out.

Backup emergency red lights come on.

Sirens blare.

A voice speaks from the intercom:

WARNING! WARNING! CORE ANOMALY DETECTED! MELTDOWN IS IMMINENT!

ESTIMATED TIME TO DETONATION: TWENTY-FOUR MINUTES

(Note: 24 in-game minutes = 24 hours of real time. The timer will only count down while roaming is actively happening, so the game will end in 24 hours of roaming time.)

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:38 pm

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:50 pm

TGS-1780 wrote:My parents’ trial was over before it started. No jury. No gallery. Just a defendant, a lawyer, a prosecutor and a judge. They didn’t stand a chance. The sentence came down within a few hours for each of them. Guilty of High Treason. The sentence was capital punishment.

I didn’t attend the trial, I was only told the result. Well, told isn’t really the right word. More like, I informed myself of the result.

I had no choice in my actions. I was to become a spy and collect intel from the other side. I hated every minute of it. It felt like I was betraying a part of myself. Which I guess I was. Maybe that’s why I got sloppy. Either way, I was caught at one point. The other side too saw use for me as a double agent.

It was then that I decided what I would do. I would serve neither East nor West. I had free passage to both sides and could request fake intel be provided, and choose to provide real or fake intel at any point, whichever served my interests better.

My parents never saw me for what I had become. They were put on death row and tortured horribly. When I went to speak with them, their eyes had been gouged out. Lashes and burns were all over their bodies and they looked like they hadn’t eaten in days.

By this point I had been given several promotions and was a close advisor to the leadership group of both sides. Both sides even faked my death, and my parents were informed of this. If they still had the capacity to, they would have wept for hours. I was told that they cried out in their cells so much that guards had to tranquilize them and place gags over their mouths for three days. The fire was growing. The train had come off its track and was going into the dark abyss. There was no going back now. My choice was made.

The demand for electricity began to soar for both sides. The old government building was seen by both as the prime spot for the nuclear plant. In part because I informed both sides that the other side planned on building there. But they had to talk. They had to communicate. There had been no discussion between the sides in over 25 years. But they couldn’t even agree to negotiate terms. They had to get some international tribunal thing going. Why can’t they just learn to talk?

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:12 pm

TGS-1780 continues to write. Next to his gun is now a syringe of something labeled ‘Suspension’.

TGS-1780 wrote:The dreaded day had come. The day of the execution of my parents. For added cruelty, it was a public execution. They were to be burned at the stake, like in witch trials in times of old. To make it worse, they were to be executed side by side, although they didn’t know that. They couldn’t see. Their ears had been removed and they couldn’t hear. They could barely speak. Their bodies were covered in scars and burns. They hadn’t eaten or drank in what looked like days. And I was forbidden from going.

But I went anyways. I’m the Head of Espionnage, I go where I please. I can be anywhere I want, anytime I want. Then the fire started. Is started as a spark, and ended at an extinction. I tried to look away but I couldn’t. Nobody there saw me weep into my sunglasses, they were all busy pelting my parents with whatever they could find. Rocks, bricks, dirt, gravel. Anything to make it worse. They both screamed out.

My mother was first to die, succumbing to a mix of the wounds and the flames. My father lived on for a few minutes longer. I shivered from within my hiding place in the shadows. I should not have come. I forced myself to turn away. And then it happened. The turning point.

I heard my father call my time.
Time seemed to slow to a crawl.
He called for me again.
Whether he was calling for me on this earth or for me in the afterlife I may never know.
But he called my name.

The next few paragraphs become more and more stained with tears, making them increasingly hard to read.

TGS-1780 wrote:I turned back.
It was as though we were the only ones there.
Nobody else mattered.
Nothing else mattered.

Though he could barely speak and was on the verge of death, he spoke his final words. To me.
An audience consisting of an angry mob heard it, but they weren’t listening. They weren’t trying to listen.
Nobody in Villdur wanted to listen. To anybody. Not to themselves, not to each other, and definitely not to the other side.
My father spoke these words and then died, all strength gone from his body.
He didn’t even know that I was there to hear them.
He must have thought I was dead.

But it was as though somehow he knew.
And he spoke. To me.
To me and to me alone.

And I knew what I had to do.

I will forever be broken. I can never be whole.
I can never become One again.
I will always be Zero.

The final few words of this page are so stained with tears that they are almost illegible.

Zero wrote:These final words have become my motto:
Audentum Forsque Venusque Iuvat.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Zero sits at his desk, the room having undergone some changes.
Six boxes now lie on a wall above the desk, which now contains only his book, the revolver and four bullets.
The revolver has blood on its tip.
Zero takes two bullets out of his pocket and places them next to the gun.
Zero places some items inside the boxes, and labels them one through six.

Zero writes the next page…

Zero wrote:I have failed.

I could not stop the trial.

Not even twelve bribed jurors and a dead foreman would prevent this sick game from continuing to play out.

Somehow, the trial yielded a victor.

The plant cannot stand. It will allow one region to slowly suffocate the other, leading to a violent uprising in the near future. Civil war will be inevitable. It may already be inevitable.

But I’ll be damned if I won’t try to stop it.

I’ve got one last chance, but it’s a real long shot.
And it comes with a hefty price to pay too.

Sometimes I ask myself: is the price even worth it?
Who am I to decide on their fates?
Why do I not run?

If one is doomed to die, why not let them die?
Or should they be killed if it means saving another?

How can any of these questions be answered?

The final page…

Zero wrote:It is done.

I killed six people today.

At least it was only six.
Had I done this during the day, the number would have been far higher.

They were the six guards chosen at random from the populace.

I know not who they are, nor do I care.
They would never be able to forgive me for what I’ve done anyways.

So the less I know of them, the better.

It is said that some experience enlightenment upon death.
Five of the six appear to be resting peacefully. Perhaps they became enlightened to some truth?

Regardless, the meltdown has begun.

The finale is upon us.

The evacuation notices have been made and panic has spread throughout the city.
The old subway system makes for an excellent bunker, but few know of their existence, and those that do have been forbidden from entering.

But I expect these tunnels to have some visitors soon.
Twelve visitors to be exact.
The twelve that I told to come here.

I still have no answers to any of my questions.
But that hardly matters anymore.

This train cannot be stopped without disaster.
I threw six people in front of it today.
The train has slowed.
I have bought myself one day of time.

The world shall see me as a madman. So be it. I care not.

I shall do what I must.

Though I resent what I’ve done and what I shall do, I will follow through.

My choice is made.
This train shall reach the end of the line tomorrow.

Some shall call me TGS-1780, others shall call me Zero.

I am The Great Storm, the Conductor of this Train.

Game Over

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Winners

1) XerxesLeFan (Atlas Araceli)
- Sun God
2) Arcthurus (Henderson) - Mad Scientist
3) Multiuniverse (Johnny Wentworth) - Mind Hacker
4) ChubbyMooshroom9 (Morley) - The Projection
5) Chemist1422 (Allen) - Yang
7) Cyantic (Amelia Lewis) - Sun God
8) TheNiceOne16 (Haz) - Mad Scientist
9) Schultz128 (Triton) - Mind Hacker
10) Spretznaz (Zori) - The Projection
11) Renetear (Yukari Akiyama) - Yin

Escapees

1) XerxesLeFan (Atlas Araceli) and 7) Cyantic (Amelia Lewis) - Sun God
2) Arcthurus (Henderson) and 8) TheNiceOne16 (Haz) - Mad Scientist
3) Multiuniverse (Johnny Wentworth) and 9) Schultz128 (Triton) - Mind Hacker
4) ChubbyMooshroom9 (Morley) and 10) Spretznaz (Zori) - The Projection
5) Chemist1422 (Allen) and 11) Renetear (Yukari Akiyama) - YinYang

Honourable Mentions

6) Arckas (John Steinbeck) - The Mirror
12) Ryanyb (Branch Dover) - The Mirror

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:09 pm

Role Cards:

Spoiler:
The Western Reformists launched an appeal against the jury's result, and it was not overturned.

Your side, the Eastern Bloc, currently have control over the plant.

Sun God
"The power of the sun is in the palm of my hand"

STR +4 | WIL +2 | LUC -3

Character Trait: You have light coloured skin.

Heating Up - You can convert heat into strength by absorbing it.

Cooling Down - You can release energy as heat in the form of fire. This will cause your strength stat to decrease. Your strength stat can go no lower than -5.

Geothermal Energy - You passively gain +1 STR every day.

Solar Flare - Your strength will occasionally increase or decrease at random. You will be notified when this happens.

Victory Condition: Kill at least 10 players.

The Western Reformists launched an appeal against the jury's result, and it was not overturned.

Mind Hacker
"What's mine is mine, what's yours is ours"

STR -4 | WIL +2 | LUC +2

Character Trait: You have a high degree of influence within your faction.

I Knew You Would Say That - You can read the minds of other players. You can only read the mind of one player at a time and you must have a direct line of sight to them.

I Knew You Would Do That - You can force a player to perform an action against their will. You may do this once every 2 hours.

Victory Condition: You win if every player other than yourself votes to betray at some point in the game.

The Projection
"The powers of the mind extend beyond this reality"

STR -1 | WIL +2 | LUC +1

Character Trait: You are very religious.

Your Own Best Friend - You can create a projection of yourself to act as. The projection looks like you and can physically interact with objects and other players, but you do not die if the projection dies. While you are projecting however, you are standing completely still, unaware to your surroundings. If you die while projecting, the projection will die as well.

That's ... Not Actually Me - Your projection is immune to direct abilities of other players. (Note: A direct ability is something that directly affects you, such as changing your bone structure from a distance. Indirect abilities would indirectly affect you, such as filling the room with water.)

Victory Condition: Escape.

The Mirror
"Who am I?"

STR -5 | WIL +3 | LUC +0
Adept: Not Dying

Character Trait: You believe that fewer immigrants should be allowed entry into Villdur.

Stop Hitting Yourself - Any damage inflicted upon you by another player is suffered in equal force by the attacker.

Seven Years Bad Luck - Any player who kills you suffers a temporary -7 penalty on all rolls. They are not informed of this, but they are informed that something negative is occurring to them.

Pacifism - You may not attack other players, even in self-defense.

Mad Scientist
"Nothing from something and something from nothing ...
It's an infinite loop, a perpetual motion machine ..."

STR +3 | WIL -2 | LUC +1

Character Trait: English is your first language.

Something From Nothing - You can turn assorted bits of junk into useful items of your choosing. The amount of junk you need depends on the item you are trying to make.

Nothing From Something - You can turn any existing item into junk items.

Junk Hoarder of The Fifth Dimension - Junk items take up no space in your inventory.

Victory Condition: Be the first player to escape.

Yang
"For all the good existing in a person, there exists at least one bit of evil"

STR +2 | WIL +3 | LUC -1

Character Trait: You are very wealthy.

Good To Evil - Every vote of Ally has a 25% chance to change to a vote of Betray.

Demonic Presence - Murders are more likely to occur in the same room as you when attacks are made.

Aggressive Peacebreaker - You begin the game with a revolver and 6 bullets.

Victory Condition: You win if the majority of roles other than yourself kill someone. Suicides do not count towards this.

The Western Reformists launched an appeal against the jury's result, and it was successfully overturned.

Your side, the Western Reformists, currently have control over the plant.

Sun God
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

STL -2 | CON +2 | ACC -3

Character Trait: You have dark coloured skin.

Cooling Down - You can release energy as heat in the form of fire. This will cause you to weaken and become less strong.

Geothermal Energy - You passively gain strength every day.

Solar Flare - Your strength will occasionally increase or decrease at random. You will be notified when this happens.

Victory Condition: Kill at least 10 players.

The Western Reformists launched an appeal against the jury's result, and it was successfully overturned.

Mind Hacker
"A patchwork of the scattered stars"

STL +3 | CON -2 | ACC +0

Character Trait: Your level of influence within your faction is very low.

I Knew You Would Say That - You can read the minds of other players. You can only read the mind of one player at a time and you must have a direct line of sight to them.

I Knew You Would Do That - You can force a player to perform an action against their will. You may do this once every 2 hours.

Victory Condition: You win if every player other than yourself votes to betray at some point in the game.

The Projection
"One’s perception of reality is but what they see"

STL +2 | CON +0 | ACC -2

Character Trait: You are not at all religious.

Your Own Best Friend - You can create a projection of yourself to act as. The projection looks like you and can physically interact with objects and other players, but you do not die if the projection dies. While you are projecting however, you are standing completely still, unaware to your surroundings. If you die while projecting, the projection will die as well.

That's ... Not Actually Me - Your projection is immune to direct abilities of other players. (Note: A direct ability is something that directly affects you, such as changing your bone structure from a distance. Indirect abilities would indirectly affect you, such as filling the room with water.)

The Mirror
"Why, I'm You!"

STL +2 | CON -3 | ACC +5

Character Trait: You believe that more immigrants should be allowed entry into Villdur.

Stop Hitting Yourself - Any damage inflicted upon you by another player is suffered in equal force by the attacker.

Seven Years Bad Luck - Any player who kills you suffers a temporary -7 penalty on all rolls. They are not informed of this, but they are informed that something negative is occurring to them.

Mad Scientist
"With Science, the impossible becomes possible"

STL -3 | CON +3 | ACC +1

Character Trait: English is your first language.

Something From Nothing - You can turn assorted bits of junk into useful items of your choosing. The amount of junk you need depends on the item you are trying to make.

Junk Hoarder of The Fifth Dimension - Junk items take up no space in your inventory.

Victory Condition: Be the first player to escape.

Yin
"For all the evil existing in a person, there exists at least one bit of good"

STL +4 | CON -2 | ACC +2

Character Trait: You are very poor.

Evil To Good - Every vote of Betray has a 25% chance to change to a vote of Ally.

Angelic Presence - Murders are less likely to occur in the same room as you when attacks are made.

Aggressive Peacekeeper - You begin the game with a revolver and 6 bullets.

Victory Condition: You win if the majority of roles other than yourself do not kill anyone. Suicides do not count towards this.

Sun God
"The power of the sun is in the palm of my hand, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

STR +4 | WIL +2 | LUC -3
--------------------------------
STL -2 | CON +2 | ACC -3

Cooling Down - You can release energy as heat in the form of fire. This will cause your strength stat to decrease. Your strength stat can go no lower than -5.

Geothermal Energy - You passively gain +1 STR every day.

Solar Flare - Your strength stat is shared with your other half.

A Game of Two Halves - You share a private chat with your other self, [player].

Victory Condition: Kill at least 10 players combined.

Mind Hacker
"What's mine is mine, what's yours is ours; a patchwork of the scattered stars!"

STR -4 | WIL +2 | LUC +2
STL +3 | CON -2 | ACC +0

I Knew You Would Do That - You can force a player to perform an action against their will. You may each do this once every 2 hours.

Galaxy Brain - Once per day, you will be told one random ability of a player of your choice. This ability is shared by both halves.

The Projection
"The powers of the mind extend beyond this reality, for one’s perception of reality is but what they see."

STR -1 | WIL +2 | LUC +1
STL +2 | CON +0 | ACC -2

Two Heads Are Better Than One - You and your other half can merge projections. The merged projection gets a bonus +2 to all stats, and both players can submit actions for the projection (only one of you can be in the PM chain though).

The Mirror
"Who am I? Why, I'm You!"

STR -5 | WIL +3 | LUC +0
STL +2 | CON -3 | ACC +5

Stop Hitting Yourself - Any damage inflicted upon you by another player is suffered in slightly greater force by the attacker.

Reflective Choice - When you are attacked, you can reflect the attack onto anyone in the room of your choice.

Mad Scientist
"Nothing from something and something from nothing ...
It's an infinite loop, a perpetual motion machine ...
For with Science, the impossible becomes possible."

STR +3 | WIL -2 | LUC +1
STL -3 | CON +3 | ACC +1

Great Minds Think Alike - You share an inventory with your other half. This inventory can hold ten items, and two hidden items.

Victory Condition: Be the first two players to escape.

YinYang
"People are both evil and good, we must protect that thin balance"

STR +2 | WIL +3 | LUC +1
STL +4 | CON +2 | ACC +2

Striking The Balance - Every vote of Ally or Betray has a 25% chance to flip. You decide which vote choice, if either, you wish to attempt to flip.

Mixed Presence - Murders are more or less likely to occur in the same room as you when attacks are made depending on the amount of roles that have killed. This effect will always be in favour of your victory condition.

Peacekeeper, Peacebreaker - You begin the game with a revolver and 6 bullets.

Victory Condition: You win if exactly half of the players in the game, yourself included, kill someone. Suicides do not count towards this.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:09 pm

modrant:

okay, where to begin with this

firstly - this game was about the symbolism first, and the roles second. And since death was meaningless, I went super experimental with the roles. So some people got shafted hard (sorry Arckas - again). Some roles had wincons that were too easy (xerxes + cyantic) and some were too hard (yinyang was a mess but they somehow got super lucky with it).

secondly - this game devolved into a mess fast once people realized death meant nothing. There was a period of madness where some people (chubby and tno) went nuts and tried to kill a lot, and then it died down. I'm glad the game ended when it did, it was starting to drag imo

thirdly - optional ab was a mistake. I think we can all agree to that. Half of the game didn't vote until the endgame was triggered.

overall though, I think the game went ok. I got across what I wanted to symbolism wise, and it seems like it was at least interesting to most of the players.
Last edited by LordofFail on Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:10 pm

symbolism:

okay so this game had lots of symbolism. Explanation time. I'll keep it as short as I can though.

1 - The two facilities. They mirrored each other, but there were some differences within. Pretty much saying that the east and west are the same thing, they are both factions, two halves of one whole.

2 - The role character traits. The six roles were split into two with each one of the two having opposite character traits. This was to show differences between the halves in the form of things that can cause conflict, such as race, religious beliefs, wealth, influence, political viewpoints and language. Merging was symbolic of coming to a compromise; a middle ground where the two viewpoints come together to agree to disagree, or at least to respect the other's viewpoint and not dismiss it.

3 - The core. Firstly, the password: JUXTAPOSITION. An important word. Use it to juxtapose the sides and derive some meaning from it.
Now for the actual stuff in the core. There were only two things that were constant: the mirror and the core reactor. Everything else was flipping back and forth.

The mirror symbolized the self from the outside. You always saw your other half in the mirror, which is symbolic of how the two sides are identical. Yes there may be physical differences, but the body itself is the same. Humans are still humans, regardless of how they look.

The core symbolized the desired of the sides. While the sides may be similar in some areas and different in others, they both have the same ambitions. The ambitions can be anything from peace to power to revolution but the end goal is always the same: a better outcome for the individual or faction.

There are some other small things here and there within the game but these are the main ones I wanted to go into.
Last edited by LordofFail on Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:10 pm

These Dividing Lines shall conclude in:

VLDR - End of The Line

You may now post.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:13 pm

jsin i called the twist then never did anything with it

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby Cyantic » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:13 pm

poor arckas
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Arckas » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:15 pm

Everytime, without fail.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby spretznaz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Cancel ryan?

Click pic, join Cabal.

spretznaz
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:36 pm

i got to merge with the qtpie

best game

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ryanyb » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:13 am

For what it’s worth I feel awful and while there’s good reason I wasn’t active I still wish my slot was replaced the moment I got sick.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby TheNiceOne16 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:28 am

Great game LoF, as always! Your mechanics are still ify though.
Nice To Meet You Friendo!
TheNiceOne16
Jester
Jester

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:12 am

fun fact! i had a gun the entire time that i almost used three times but never did

the first time teno shot me before I got a chance
the second and third times I cancelled the actions to shoot chubby right before they went through
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Arcthurus » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:08 am

pretty much everyone this game had a gun and then never used it

Art Count: 3