Traitor

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how do you rate this role concept?

Out of this world
20%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
40%
40%

Total votes : 5

Traitor

Postby majscrewballgaming » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:18 am

Traitor
Aligned with a random faction
Attack:None
Defense:None
Type:Partial Neutral

Abilities:Leave a clue at a players house at night to snitch on your faction
Attributes
:Click a player outside of your faction at night to leave a hint as to who is within your faction
:Can not leave a will
:At night you can communicate with your faction
:You cannot whisper
:If you are killed at night your attacker is roleblocked the next night
` :If you are jailed you will bribe the jailer
:Informed players will be notified with small amounts of information at the end of the night
:Cannot be resurrected by the retributionist
Investigative roles:
;Sheriff- You cannot find your target guilty with any wrongdoing, they are innocent
;Investigator- Your target is full of hate, they must be the Jester, Arsonist, or Traitor
Evil investigative:
;Consigliere- Your target is full of hatred towards the world, they must be a jester!

Win Conditions: You must live to see your faction die
Must kill your faction
Can win with anyone else

Backstory: You were once happy as an ally to your faction. One day they abandoned you when you needed them most. Hatred grew inside you.
It was directed at your faction. You began to wish for them to die and soon it became time for you to make it a reality.
Achievements
:Unwanted Allies- Win 1 game as the traitor
:Faction Terror- Win 10 games as the traitor
:Eye for an eye- Win 100 games as the traitor

Role Color- #808080

This role isn't perfect but maybe you guys have ideas on how to make it better and balanced?
Last edited by majscrewballgaming on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majscrewballgaming
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Traitor

Postby Brilliand » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:57 pm

I want to vote "No" on a "Yes/No" poll. With so many options I have no idea whether to pick 1,2,3 or 4.

I don't see the "both for and against" concept being workable. One of the attributes indicates that this can only be associated with a faction that has a night chat, so only Mafia, Coven and Vampires... so this almost works out to be a confirmable Townie that can't talk, and points out evils in the same direct/random way as a Psychic does. What's more, the Mafia not being able to see the self-reveal of the Mafia Traitor gives this some of the advantages of a VIP: players can be grilled to see if they heard the traitor message (and know who the traitor is).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:57 pm

rng isnt good in this game
partial neutral isnt an alignment either
the invest results arent done to the normal invest results
a role not being able to talk isnt good
/nosupport
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby majscrewballgaming » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:34 pm

I can agree with the rng statement, partial neutral could work as they could add an extra alignment. The invest results I gave are more so templates, I used other posts as references for the templates. I know the role not being able to talk isn't great but that would be the only counter to cheating. I will go back and make some of the changes you mentioned however to make it better. Keep in mind I typed up the build for the role at 2 in the morning.
majscrewballgaming
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:38 pm

majscrewballgaming wrote:I can agree with the rng statement, partial neutral could work as they could add an extra alignment. The invest results I gave are more so templates, I used other posts as references for the templates. I know the role not being able to talk isn't great but that would be the only counter to cheating. I will go back and make some of the changes you mentioned however to make it better. Keep in mind I typed up the build for the role at 2 in the morning.

adding alignments is not the way to go, especially for 1 role. dont push the blame onto the time you made it, because it was your decision to do that.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby majscrewballgaming » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:41 pm

Brilliand wrote:I want to vote "No" on a "Yes/No" poll. With so many options I have no idea whether to pick 1,2,3 or 4.

I don't see the "both for and against" concept being workable. One of the attributes indicates that this can only be associated with a faction that has a night chat, so only Mafia, Coven and Vampires... so this almost works out to be a confirmable Townie that can't talk, and points out evils in the same direct/random way as a Psychic does. What's more, the Mafia not being able to see the self-reveal of the Mafia Traitor gives this some of the advantages of a VIP: players can be grilled to see if they heard the traitor message (and know who the traitor is).

I completely get what you are saying and I have been editing it a bit to try to make it work. I started to type up the role concept at 2 in the morning so I was very tired and didn't bother to proofread it, I then just copied and pasted it into the thread today. I am working to make the role concept balanced and easy to work with.
majscrewballgaming
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby majscrewballgaming » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:42 pm

Google wrote:
majscrewballgaming wrote:I can agree with the rng statement, partial neutral could work as they could add an extra alignment. The invest results I gave are more so templates, I used other posts as references for the templates. I know the role not being able to talk isn't great but that would be the only counter to cheating. I will go back and make some of the changes you mentioned however to make it better. Keep in mind I typed up the build for the role at 2 in the morning.

adding alignments is not the way to go, especially for 1 role. dont push the blame onto the time you made it, because it was your decision to do that.

I honestly didn't proofread it last night because I was too tired to be bothered, and just pasted it into the thread this morning. I'm still making changes to the post to make it work.
majscrewballgaming
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby majscrewballgaming » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:45 pm

majscrewballgaming wrote:
Brilliand wrote:I want to vote "No" on a "Yes/No" poll. With so many options I have no idea whether to pick 1,2,3 or 4.

I rewrote it somewhat so it is better than it was but still not perfect.
majscrewballgaming
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas