Special Events?

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Special Events?

Postby Rivelle » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:59 am

I wish Town of Salem had special events- like a Christmas event, anniversary event, halloween event, etc., just to bring something new and exciting once in a while. These events could consist of special tasks and limited game modes with new roles. I don't see why it would be a bad idea, and most of other multiplayer games have events as well.
Last edited by Rivelle on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rivelle
Escort
Escort
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:49 pm
Location: krispy kremes

Re: Special Events?

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:12 am

Rivelle wrote:I wish Town of Salem had special events- like a Christmas event, anniversary event, halloween event, etc., just to bring something new and exciting once in a while. These events could consist of special tasks and limited game modes with new roles. I don't see why it's a bad idea, and most of other multiplayer games have events as well.


I would actually love to see themed games and roles you can only play during the event, it's a lot of work though.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Special Events?

Postby Mikemk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:26 pm

For themed game modes, they can just rename a role just for that mode, and have a custom role list. would play the same.
Thanksgiving Feast For example:
Butcher (Jailor)
Chef (Doctor/BG)
Turkey (Godfather)
Dressing (Framer)
...
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:58 pm

only if you can imagine hard enough your wish will come true
Burgers and kings
User avatar
Soulshade55r
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Special Events?

Postby Voriki » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:22 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:I would actually love to see themed games and roles you can only play during the event, it's a lot of work though.


Role Name:
Santa

Role Alignment:
Neutral Benign

Abilities:
- Select a player during daytime, their ability will be duplicated during nighttime and used on the selected player if they are using their ability that night.
Example a vig that shoots, will get shot, a vig that doesn't shoot, will not get shot, a doc gets healed, you will see who visited the lookout, etc... You do not have the weaknesses associated with them. Those who do good, will have good done upon themselves. Thos who do bad, will get bad done upon themselves.

Attributes:
- Night Immunity
- Will get lynched automatically as soon as brought up to the stand(people stopped believing in him)

Goal:
Lynch every criminal and evildoer

Win Conditions:

Win Conditions:
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Witches
You win with the Town
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else

Special Attributes:
Unique Role

Investigator Results:
Too lazy to think of this, this is my first role idea, yeah yeah, I will repost this later in the proper sub for it.

EDIT: Reminder to self(I'm at work, so busy sometimes)
Roles get notification that they were visited by Santa.
When they did not do an "evil" action - anything that kills a player by big or vet, or in case of evil role, any action - on the night Santa visited, they will receive a countdown, if they did no evil action for the next 2 nights, they transform into Survivors(allowing evil roles to redeem themselves and win with town).
While I can give my general opinion on any subject, I only have playing experience in Classic and Draculas Palace, non ranked.
Voriki
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby Google » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:03 am

having roles only for certain times of the year shouldnt be a thing because, well,


yeah
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

You'll see me around the Ask Questions subforum a lot, but please keep in mind i am not a moderator of the game and may not always be correct.


User avatar
Google
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby Rivelle » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:26 pm

I would actually love to see themed games and roles you can only play during the event, it's a lot of work though.


It would be a lot of work, but I'm not going to be happy (and a lot of others) with a game that does not bring something new. For almost 6 years, the only good and new thing BMG has added was the Coven and the new vampire mode. Otherwise, they have been only doing slow and minor reworks, with a bunch of character skins people could care less about
Last edited by Rivelle on Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rivelle
Escort
Escort
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:49 pm
Location: krispy kremes

Re: Special Events?

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Rivelle wrote:
I would actually love to see themed games and roles you can only play during the event, it's a lot of work though.


It would be a lot of work, but I'm not going to be happy (and a lot of others) with a game that does not bring something new. For almost 6 years, the only good thing BMG has added was the Coven and the new vampire mode. Otherwise, they have been only doing slow and minor reworks, with a bunch of character skins people could care less about


I'd rather them sort out the Unity beta, reset the current ranked season and a few other things before anything like this happens. But yeah, stuff like this would refresh the game a whole lot more and I am in favor of that.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Special Events?

Postby Google » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:27 pm

if bmg adds new stuff it should stay. why would it be event only? a bit of a waste imo
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

You'll see me around the Ask Questions subforum a lot, but please keep in mind i am not a moderator of the game and may not always be correct.


User avatar
Google
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:44 am

Google wrote:if bmg adds new stuff it should stay. why would it be event only? a bit of a waste imo


It would stay, on an anuual basis :D
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Special Events?

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 am

Google wrote:if bmg adds new stuff it should stay. why would it be event only? a bit of a waste imo

It keeps people coming back on events to play the roles they like, however if the roles/games are shit bags it won't work. Needs to have a lot of thought and balance and stuff.

Chrismas, Halloweenie, Thanksgiving (whatever that shit is, don't have it in Australia), Easter.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Special Events?

Postby Google » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:56 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:if bmg adds new stuff it should stay. why would it be event only? a bit of a waste imo

It keeps people coming back on events to play the roles they like, however if the roles/games are shit bags it won't work. Needs to have a lot of thought and balance and stuff.

Chrismas, Halloweenie, Thanksgiving (whatever that shit is, don't have it in Australia), Easter.

>balance
>tos

in all seriousness, having things you cant have all the time is just annoying and sorta manipulative.
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

You'll see me around the Ask Questions subforum a lot, but please keep in mind i am not a moderator of the game and may not always be correct.


User avatar
Google
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:37 am

Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:if bmg adds new stuff it should stay. why would it be event only? a bit of a waste imo

It keeps people coming back on events to play the roles they like, however if the roles/games are shit bags it won't work. Needs to have a lot of thought and balance and stuff.

Chrismas, Halloweenie, Thanksgiving (whatever that shit is, don't have it in Australia), Easter.

>balance
>tos

in all seriousness, having things you cant have all the time is just annoying and sorta manipulative.

So? Lol
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Special Events?

Postby Google » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:41 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:if bmg adds new stuff it should stay. why would it be event only? a bit of a waste imo

It keeps people coming back on events to play the roles they like, however if the roles/games are shit bags it won't work. Needs to have a lot of thought and balance and stuff.

Chrismas, Halloweenie, Thanksgiving (whatever that shit is, don't have it in Australia), Easter.

>balance
>tos

in all seriousness, having things you cant have all the time is just annoying and sorta manipulative.

So? Lol

its annoying and manipulative
THOSE ARE BAD THINGS.
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

You'll see me around the Ask Questions subforum a lot, but please keep in mind i am not a moderator of the game and may not always be correct.


User avatar
Google
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:43 am

Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:if bmg adds new stuff it should stay. why would it be event only? a bit of a waste imo

It keeps people coming back on events to play the roles they like, however if the roles/games are shit bags it won't work. Needs to have a lot of thought and balance and stuff.

Chrismas, Halloweenie, Thanksgiving (whatever that shit is, don't have it in Australia), Easter.

>balance
>tos

in all seriousness, having things you cant have all the time is just annoying and sorta manipulative.

So? Lol

its annoying and manipulative
THOSE ARE BAD THINGS.

I mean how would it be annoying? If the games are good, I'd play them when they're out.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Special Events?

Postby Google » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:45 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:if bmg adds new stuff it should stay. why would it be event only? a bit of a waste imo

It keeps people coming back on events to play the roles they like, however if the roles/games are shit bags it won't work. Needs to have a lot of thought and balance and stuff.

Chrismas, Halloweenie, Thanksgiving (whatever that shit is, don't have it in Australia), Easter.

>balance
>tos

in all seriousness, having things you cant have all the time is just annoying and sorta manipulative.

So? Lol

its annoying and manipulative
THOSE ARE BAD THINGS.

I mean how would it be annoying? If the games are good, I'd play them when they're out.

imagine having your favourite gamemode being taken away because of the time of year
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

You'll see me around the Ask Questions subforum a lot, but please keep in mind i am not a moderator of the game and may not always be correct.


User avatar
Google
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:56 am

Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
Google wrote:if bmg adds new stuff it should stay. why would it be event only? a bit of a waste imo

It keeps people coming back on events to play the roles they like, however if the roles/games are shit bags it won't work. Needs to have a lot of thought and balance and stuff.

Chrismas, Halloweenie, Thanksgiving (whatever that shit is, don't have it in Australia), Easter.

>balance
>tos

in all seriousness, having things you cant have all the time is just annoying and sorta manipulative.

So? Lol

its annoying and manipulative
THOSE ARE BAD THINGS.

I mean how would it be annoying? If the games are good, I'd play them when they're out.

imagine having your favourite gamemode being taken away because of the time of year

Imagine not having the chance to play something that could be your favourite gamemode.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 2-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (citizen) - Win
Last updated 4.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Special Events?

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:04 am

That's a false dilemma, assuming the choice is between having these new modes only on specific times of the year or never having them at all. How about the third option where they're available all the time?
Image
User avatar
MysticMismagius
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby Google » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:14 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:That's a false dilemma, assuming the choice is between having these new modes only on specific times of the year or never having them at all. How about the third option where they're available all the time?

exactly. just get things for all year round.
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

You'll see me around the Ask Questions subforum a lot, but please keep in mind i am not a moderator of the game and may not always be correct.


User avatar
Google
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby Mikemk » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Google wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:That's a false dilemma, assuming the choice is between having these new modes only on specific times of the year or never having them at all. How about the third option where they're available all the time?

exactly. just get things for all year round.

But then people will never play them.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:30 pm

People play Dracula's Palace.
Image
User avatar
MysticMismagius
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby Google » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:52 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:People play Dracula's Palace.

and other chaos modes
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

You'll see me around the Ask Questions subforum a lot, but please keep in mind i am not a moderator of the game and may not always be correct.


User avatar
Google
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby Mikemk » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:32 pm

When was the last time anyone played Mafia Returns? Or the fast paced mode
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Coven is dead in general, so Mafia Returns is a bad argument. As for Rapid mode, that's not a new mode like DP was (and still is relative to other non-DLC game modes).
Image
User avatar
MysticMismagius
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Special Events?

Postby Rivelle » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:54 am

If the game modes are available for all of the year, then...

1. People will begin to lose interest
2. Lobbies will either fill slowly, or some lobbies won't fill up at all (because there's too many game modes)
3. it's better to have Halloween, during the halloween season. Or Easter, during easter, etc.
Rivelle
Escort
Escort
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:49 pm
Location: krispy kremes


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests