Small Forger Buff

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Small Forger Buff

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:29 pm

Considering the Unity beta has the reason of death in the graveyard now, why not give Forger the ability to forge that at any point in the game. As well as forging already dead wills.

Might be too finicky, who knows.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Small Forger Buff

Postby yuri3296 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:25 am

Well in my opinion this is a great idea since it can be such a mess for the town, but if they pay attention to the game it won’t affect it! I would say do it!
yuri3296

Postby EgyptFalcon » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:15 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:Considering the Unity beta has the reason of death in the graveyard now, why not give Forger the ability to forge that at any point in the game. As well as forging already dead wills.

The point of chat log/graveyard is to make it so that you don't have to remember every detail that passes in a very fast-paced deduction game. Removing facts like that makes it to easy for evils to rewrite history and bully town around. What's great about being town is you get to feel like Sherlock, and you pick up on a slight discrepancy between a will and an evil's alibi. This is extremely hard to do if it can be erased after the fact, and even harder to convince multiple town if there is no concrete proof to present.
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm

EgyptFalcon wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:Considering the Unity beta has the reason of death in the graveyard now, why not give Forger the ability to forge that at any point in the game. As well as forging already dead wills.

The point of chat log/graveyard is to make it so that you don't have to remember every detail that passes in a very fast-paced deduction game. Removing facts like that makes it to easy for evils to rewrite history and bully town around. What's great about being town is you get to feel like Sherlock, and you pick up on a slight discrepancy between a will and an evil's alibi. This is extremely hard to do if it can be erased after the fact, and even harder to convince multiple town if there is no concrete proof to present.

Like are you saying it's bad? Or that it's a great deceptive role idea? I can't tell lol
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EgyptFalcon » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:57 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:
EgyptFalcon wrote:

Like are you saying it's bad? Or that it's a great deceptive role idea? I can't tell lol

:P not a fan of the suggestion because it takes away towns ability to BE town. The gold standard of mafia deception is to trick town into believing a fake story, not deprive them of the ability to prove the truth. (which is why roles that mess with voting are generally frowned upon)
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Return to Role Ideas