Dead Can't Taunt the Living

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Re: Dead Can't Taunt the Living

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:07 am

Kirize12 wrote:James believes that there are no valid arguments against taunts because he has not seen one.

I'm not entirely convinced, but I'll grant that that's a plausible interpretation.

Kirize12 wrote:This is the core principle of atheism - we believe there is no God because we have not seen sufficient evidence to prove the existence of one.

You're right that this is similar, but I have the same misgivings about it as I do about James' statement. To pass the burden of proof to those who disagree with you, demanding that they provide evidence or be wrong by default, isn't fair play. Anyone can voluntarily accept the burden of proof for their own position; and if nobody does that, then no one is right by default, we just didn't get anywhere.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Taunts are pay-to-win because they give an advantage to players who pay money.

This cannot be cogently argued against because it is a fact.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:27 am

James2 wrote:Taunts are pay-to-win because they give an advantage to players who pay money.

They dont give and advantage tho. Like the example I gave, where I taunted a player 3 times, and nobody asked his role or investigated him. The fact they give an advantage to YOU is a different arguement altogether
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:28 am

Kirize12 wrote:This is the core principle of atheism - we believe there is no God because we have not seen sufficient evidence to prove the existence of one.

Yes, its very similar, because the atheist sees the proof every second of the day, they just dont have the understanding to recognise it.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby lshz » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:52 am

Duckferno wrote:How does this affect the game. You said you were lynched because you were taunted? Do you have screenshots of someone deliberately saying "We're lynching you because you were taunted." Otherwise I don't see how The dead taunting you affects the game at all.

It does actually, dead taunting is op af if it is used well ofc. Say, I'm the LO, I visited the BG and I died... previously I told the jailor "I'll be taunting to compromise evils when I die." The BG was visited by arsonist, I taunt arsonist, he dies, jailor executes the mafia, town wins. I have evidence for that, but I think taunting can be fooled easily by jesters or opponent teams. So, it should be alright.
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the rules guide: http://bit.ly/TOS-Rules

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start
If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS

Last updated: 16/09/19
lshz
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Duckferno » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:30 pm

I know it does, just trying to act stupid to see what the person says but, where's the evidence?
The Duck has Spoken. Please move Along Now.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:18 am

lshz wrote:
Duckferno wrote:How does this affect the game. You said you were lynched because you were taunted? Do you have screenshots of someone deliberately saying "We're lynching you because you were taunted." Otherwise I don't see how The dead taunting you affects the game at all.

It does actually, dead taunting is op af if it is used well ofc. Say, I'm the LO, I visited the BG and I died... previously I told the jailor "I'll be taunting to compromise evils when I die." The BG was visited by arsonist, I taunt arsonist, he dies, jailor executes the mafia, town wins. I have evidence for that, but I think taunting can be fooled easily by jesters or opponent teams. So, it should be alright.

Jester - wait for TI to die, taunt yourself - insta win (never seen it happen)
Exe - wait for TI to die - taunt your target - insta win (never seen it happen)
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby RedHotPepper » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:29 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
James2 wrote:Taunts are pay-to-win because they give an advantage to players who pay money.

They dont give and advantage tho. Like the example I gave, where I taunted a player 3 times, and nobody asked his role or investigated him. The fact they give an advantage to YOU is a different arguement altogether

So you are saying you used this mechanic to gain advantage in the game? This makes me think you see taunting as a possible way to make someone suspicious. I mean, why would you do this, if you did not believe that taunting was a viable and advantageous mechanic and can be useful?

And before that argument you made, like literally a sentence ago, you argue that it cannot be used to gain advantage, although the mere fact you tried to use that mechanic shows otherwise.
RedHotPepper
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:55 pm

RedHotPepper wrote:So you are saying you used this mechanic to gain advantage in the game? This makes me think you see taunting as a possible way to make someone suspicious. I mean, why would you do this, if you did not believe that taunting was a viable and advantageous mechanic and can be useful?

And before that argument you made, like literally a sentence ago, you argue that it cannot be used to gain advantage, although the mere fact you tried to use that mechanic shows otherwise.

And how do you know if they were just testing to see if it works or not? And obviously it didn't, I've been testing a lot (mainly to waste the large amount of taunts I never use) and it never works.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Previous

Return to Suggestions