Only require one report for certain types

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Only require one report for certain types

Postby PterryDactyl » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:47 pm

Particularly inappropriate username, only require one report.

I just see too many people with racist names and there's no ability to report them because when I ask for someone else to report, I get called a snowflake.
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Only require one report for certain types

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:58 pm

I can see both the benefits and the drawbacks of this. On the one hand, it could make it very easy to gum up Trial System with 14 IU reports per game a troll plays (which can rack up fast, especially if they use bots). On the other hand, I've seen exactly what you're talking about, and it pisses me off to no end. Perhaps a happy medium would be to allow Jurors with a certain amount of TR to single-handedly report someone.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Jerme » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:36 am

There was a discussion about "weighted reporting", which means after gaining a certain amount of Trial rating, one report could be enough. I do not know the status of this, though.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PterryDactyl » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:19 am

Jerme wrote:There was a discussion about "weighted reporting", which means after gaining a certain amount of Trial rating, one report could be enough. I do not know the status of this, though.

Do you mean like...someone who participates in trial system has extra power, or if he person has x reports on them it reports auto?
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Flavorable » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:25 am

Cataracts wrote:
Jerme wrote:There was a discussion about "weighted reporting", which means after gaining a certain amount of Trial rating, one report could be enough. I do not know the status of this, though.

Do you mean like...someone who participates in trial system has extra power, or if he person has x reports on them it reports auto?

Trial Rating means correctly voted reports in the Trial Server.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SwampRabbit » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:40 am

There are situations when reports should be generated on 1 report only. I am not sure IU should be one of them though. But Jailor for HS/H should only require 1 report because jailor chats are private to the jailor and the person being jailed and others do not see what the jailor is saying to know they deserve to be reported.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Cymbeline » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:07 am

That's a horrible idea.
If anything should deserve being put into trial system after only one report it's cheating, not someone's username.
Cymbeline

Return to Trial System Suggestions