Dangan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might Signups

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Start the game already?

No don't we need 3 more people.
57%
I'm sick and tired of waiting.
43%

Total votes : 23

Dangan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might Signups

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:43 am

Over the eons, empires have risen and fallen. These empires are made from nations, from people, and from ideas. Although the first two die with the passage of time, the ideas are notorious for their longevity. Ideas dethroned at the ballot box or by popular revolt live on in the memories and thoughts of their adherents. Ideas got their greatest boon through the age of the Internet, where mass communication made the propagation and espousing of ideas easy.

You are not just a person with an ultimate talent. Above all else, you and you alone represent an Empire or Nation that once existed or does exist. Roman of the West or East, American, German, or French, you all belong to a nation that did not go down the route you desired. You have a host that brought you here together, a man that goes by the simple title of ‘Remainder’. He has given each of you a task; prove the worth of your people and ideals.

Remember, look out for yourself. If you die, your vision for your nation does too. Do you and your people proud at all costs.

Rules:
1: PMs must start with DR.
2: No talking about the games current events outside of the game thread. Anyone caught discussing clues, evidence, or anything revolving trials or anything you should know not to talk about via common sense, will be immediately replaced.
3: Don’t cause any toxicity.
4: Suicides are forbidden.
5: You must post once per phase. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. If you are prodded twice you will be kicked out and replaced.
6: If no replacement can be found within 2 IRL days, the slot will be executed.

Standard Mechanics:
1: You win by impressing your host, this can be done by being one of the last two survivors or successfully committing murder and getting away with it.
2: There will be 4 phases. Day Phase, Night Phase, Investigation Phase and Trial Phase. Each of these passes is one cycle.
3: Day, Investigation, and Trial Phases last 24 hours.
3a: Nights are handled in turns. A turn ends when all players have submitted a action, have implicitly or explicitly chosen to wait, or 24 hours have passed. A night ends after 10 turns have passed.
4: Your connection to this world relies on a lifeline. Everyone has 2 cycles of lifeline to start with. Every kill that is committed extends everyone’s lifeline by one cycle.
5: During the Day phase, players may roleplay as they see fit. These posts are made publicly in the thread.
6: During the night Phase, all actions are communicated to the Game Master via PM. Roleplaying can happen here, but keep in mind this is also where people will commit murders.
7: During the Investigation Phase, everyone investigates the elimination within the thread.
8: Investigation and Trial phases will only happen once a murder has taken place and a body has been discovered by at least 2 people. They Blackened , AKA the murderer, may PM me or the co-host to exclude themselves from this. During the Trial phase, all players must work together to find who committed the murder with the evidence they found in the Investigation Phase.
9: If the Blackened is voted as the guilty party during the trial phase, they will be executed.
10: If the Blackened successfully avoids getting executed during the the trial phase, they will win and their dream will be implemented.
11: You may have 1 and only 1 accomplice when you murder someone. They will inherit the Blackened's rations if they successfully get away with the crime, as well as receive an additional 2 rations.
12: You can only kill 2 people per night.
13: Night lasts from 8 PM to 8 AM.

Special Mechanics:
1: Your Ultimate works as normal. However, you must also message the GM what nation you come from and what you want to happen to it. This can be any nation from the past or present, but must be approved by the GM.
2: You will get two starting assets provided by the GM, one based on your Ultimate, and one based on the ideal form of your nation. These will be roughly equal in usefulness regardless of your choice.
3: You can take steps to make it harder for you to be killed. However, aggressive players are generally favored. If the game is stagnating because of a lack of murders, the host will take steps to ensure things ramp up.
4: Everyone has an amount of rations they can take out of the kitchen equal to 3. You can gain one ration if the players execute the murderer. You can get 2 rations by being an accomplice. Stealing rations will result in execution.
5: If you go 3 days without rations, you die.
6: Each ration will last you a day.

Map:

Second Floor
Ground Floor and Dorms:
Basement Floor:

Signups:

1: UzayAlt: Fear Fearless, the Ultimate Youtuber
2: BRVR: Kijah, the Ultimate Diplomat
3: dota2Reporter: Billy Herrington, the Ultimate Wrestler
4: transportowiec96: Jeff Moose, The Ultimate Dropshort
5: NDM: Eli Hesial, the Ultimate Nerd
6: GrumpyGoomba: Lizelotte Vermillion, The Ultimate Aristocrat
7:
8: Alicitzen: Sue Niper, Ultimate Sharpshooter.
9:
10: PokemonKidRyan: Yodoko Izara, The Ultimate Psychologist.
11: Blackajack: Leonid Smirnov: The Ultimate Philosopher
12: ejjinami: Salmon Jack: The Ultimate Messiah
13: Multiuniverse, Ushiromiya Ange, Ultimate Witch Hunter
14:
15:

Character Sheet Example:
Name: Jane Doe
Gender/Sex: Male
Designation: The Ultimate Lumberjack.
Appearance: 6 ft tall man wearing typical country attire, still covered in the sawdust that characterized his career.
Nationality and Ideology: (You send this in secret to PolyesterHomes)
Last edited by PolyesterHomes on Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 51 times in total.
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dagan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might

Postby BRVR » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:55 am

/join
what's the character sheet? or do we just do the regular name age gender description?
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Dagan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:58 am

BRVR wrote:/join
what's the character sheet? or do we just do the regular name age gender description?

Apologies. Here's a example. It's been added to the OP.

Ex:
Name: Jane Doe
Gender/Sex: Male
Designation: The Ultimate Lumberjack.
Appearance: 6 ft tall man wearing typical country attire, still covered in the sawdust that characterized his career.
Nationality and Ideology: (You send this in secret to PolyesterHomes)
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dagan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might Signups

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:03 am

Name: "White Wolf"
Designation: Ultimate Ninja
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Already working on the private PM.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby BRVR » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:13 am

Name: Kijah
Designation: Ultimate Diplomat
Appearance: A man wearing a white suit with a white necklace around his neck. His shoes are fairly old and his hair is messy as if he's been up for hours. Yet his eyes and smile show he's full of energy. There's a scar on the back of his hand that he subconsciously rubs when he's nervous. The scar looks as if somebody took a knife and carved a twisted smiley face into his hand.

Edit: Lol apparently holding enter and moving the mouse makes it click things
like that big blue submit button
Last edited by BRVR on Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Technetium » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:19 am

Posting to put a check mark on this thread so I know to check it

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BRVR » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:20 am

Accidentally submitted my post before my appearance was done. Edited it in.
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby GeneralLeedle » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:20 am

Name: Abai but uses David for convience
Designation: The Ultimate horse archer
Appearance: 190 cm tall with black hair and brown asian looking eyes. Normally wears brown leather gloves as well as green/black cardigan.
A person with deep intrests in airplanes and tanks
GeneralLeedle

Postby transportowiec96 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:33 am

/join
Char later (playing twilight struggle rn) lol it was easy
Name: Jeff Moose
Gender/Sex: No thanks Male
Designation: The Ultimate Dropshort
Appearance: invisible Well built man, still wearing full, navy blue military uniform, from boots to head. The only thing that's missing is his beret. Where could it go? His eyes are emerald green. His hair appears to be black like oil. He has no accessories than can be seen, maybe he has some under his uniform? He's a little above average in height, so he doesn't stand out much in a crowd of people, excluding his attire.
Nationality and Ideology: nah not here
Last edited by transportowiec96 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
transportowiec96#4236
Feel free to pm me, I'll try to help you with anything.
Spoiler:
StlnSP wrote:transportertownie96

birdyluv0 wrote:transportwiec96

JammySplodge wrote:transportowie96

JammySplodge wrote:transportwie96

Jordan917222 wrote:transportowic96

birdyluv0 wrote:transportwise96

Blackajack wrote:transportowniec96

Jordan917222 wrote:
Warden name i cant spell and i don't want to be in your sig twice wrote:

eleethacker1337 wrote:transportowniec

Moleland wrote:Transporttowiec96

VucubCaquix wrote:Transport-Townie

transportowiec96
Spy
Spy

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:03 pm

/in tbd

games keep having twists so that I can’t play the character I was planning on :v
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:/in tbd

games keep having twists so that I can’t play the character I was planning on :v

A game without a twist would be a big twist.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby woahah » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 pm

please tell me the title is a joke
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:29 pm

woahah wrote:please tell me the title is a joke

Yes. Yes it is. I totally did not forget a N in the title while moving over everything I made on a draft and getting everything down.
Last edited by PolyesterHomes on Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:31 pm

Name: Lizelotte Vermillion
Gender/Sex: Female
Designation: Ultimate Aristocrat
Appearance: A posh lady with blonde hair and lapis lazuli eyes. Her hairstyle consists of drill curls on either side of her head that rest on her shoulders while having long straight hair in the back. She wears a intricately designed red dress that would normally only be fit for formal parties and matching elbow length silk gloves. Always seen with a victorian handheld folding fan bearing the crest of her house.
Last edited by GrumpyGoomba on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Dangan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might Signups

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Rule questions to the host:
1)
There will be 4 phases. Day Phase, Night Phase, Investigation Phase and Trial Phase. Each of these passes is one cycle.

Your connection to this world relies on a lifeline. Everyone has 2 cycles of lifeline to start with. Every kill that is committed extends everyone’s lifeline by one cycle.

Does this mean that 4 of these phases passing is a single cycle or that each phase is a cycle? If the second option, do 2 murders have to occur to make sure no one dies via lifelines running out? And for the first, if a body isn't discovered after the first night phase, are the first day and night phases one cycle?
2)
Everyone has an amount of rations they can take out of the kitchen equal to 3. You can gain one ration if the players execute the murderer. You can get 2 rations by being an accomplice. Stealing rations will result in execution.

Do we start with the 3 rations or, at the start of the first night, do we have to go get our rations? Does the first part of this rule mean that we can only take 3 rations during the whole game, even with the second and third parts, or do those stack? And by stealing, I assume stealing from other players, right?
3)
If you go 3 days without rations, you die.

Each ration will last you a day.

So you must eat a ration every 3 days? Do you automatically consume them every day if you have them? When CAN you get rations?
4) Are we allowed to tell each other (in universe) our visions for our country? How much information about ourselves can we divulge?
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Hawkwing425 wrote:Rule questions to the host:
1)
Does this mean that 4 of these phases passing is a single cycle or that each phase is a cycle? If the second option, do 2 murders have to occur to make sure no one dies via lifelines running out? And for the first, if a body isn't discovered after the first night phase, are the first day and night phases one cycle?

Each 4 phases passing is a single cycle. One ration per cycle.

Do we start with the 3 rations or, at the start of the first night, do we have to go get our rations? Does the first part of this rule mean that we can only take 3 rations during the whole game, even with the second and third parts, or do those stack? And by stealing, I assume stealing from other players, right?

You start with your rations and prepare them in the Kitchen. You can have as many rations as you can get your hands on.

So you must eat a ration every 3 days? Do you automatically consume them every day if you have them? When CAN you get rations?

You should consume a ration whenever you can, as these rations include your need for water. Dehydration and starvation are bad things to deal with when you're in a killing game and would leave you much less capable during your attempts at murder and in countering any attempts to kill you with violence. There's also the fact to consider that these rations are less than your daily allotment of calories and are meant to hold you over. If you eat less than normal, you're going to suffer significant obstacles during your attempts to survive the games.

You get rations by correctly voting the Blackened to execution or successfully getting away with the crime as an accomplice with the Blackened alive and well.

4) Are we allowed to tell each other (in universe) our visions for our country? How much information about ourselves can we divulge?

You may disclose as much as you want. This information will start secret.
Last edited by PolyesterHomes on Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:18 pm

PolyesterHomes wrote:
Hawkwing425 wrote:Rule questions to the host:
1)

Each phase passing is a single cycle.

You start with your rations and prepare them in the Kitchen. You can have as many rations as you can get your hands on.

You should consume a ration whenever you can, as these rations include your need for water. Dehydration and starvation are bad things to deal with when you're in a killing game and would leave you much less capable during your attempts at murder and in countering any attempts to kill you with violence. There's also the fact to consider that these rations are less than your daily allotment of calories and are meant to hold you over. If you eat less than normal, you're going to suffer significant obstacles during your attempts to survive the games.

You get rations by correctly voting the Blackened to execution or successfully getting away with the crime as an accomplice with the Blackened alive and well.

You may disclose as much as you want. This information will start secret.

1) So 2 murders have to occur during the first night for the game to not end. Is that correct?
2) By "prepare", you mean we have to go to the Kitchen to eat them, right?
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:24 pm

Hawkwing425 wrote:1) So 2 murders have to occur during the first night for the game to not end. Is that correct?

The game does not end as it normally does when a person successfully commits murder and gets away with it. Instead, they gain victory and leave. The game continues until there are 2 remaining survivors.

You go to the Dining Room to eat them. You need to prepare them in the Kitchen, as much of the rations need preparation for use. The Kitchen is there for a reason.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:46 pm

PolyesterHomes wrote:
Hawkwing425 wrote:1) So 2 murders have to occur during the first night for the game to not end. Is that correct?

The game does not end as it normally does when a person successfully commits murder and gets away with it. Instead, they gain victory and leave. The game continues until there are 2 remaining survivors.

You go to the Dining Room to eat them. You need to prepare them in the Kitchen, as much of the rations need preparation for use. The Kitchen is there for a reason.

By end, I mean for everyone to not run out of lifelines. Each phase consumes a lifeline, so if 2 lifelines pass, and only 1 lifeline is gained by everyone when someone dies, then the game will end after the Trial phase because everyone will run out of lifelines.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:54 pm

I believe poly might've meant that all 4 phases together make one cycle.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Hawkwing425 wrote:By end, I mean for everyone to not run out of lifelines. Each phase consumes a lifeline, so if 2 lifelines pass, and only 1 lifeline is gained by everyone when someone dies, then the game will end after the Trial phase because everyone will run out of lifelines.

At the end of each 4 phases is a single cycle. A single cycle also goes by if no murders happen during the night. One ration per cycle. I apologize for my wording.

Day-Night-Investigation-Trial is 1 cycle.

Day-Night (no murders) is also 1 cycle.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Technetium » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:13 pm

So each time Day phase starts, one lifeline is expended?

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:36 pm

That is a much better way to phrase it, thank you Tech.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Technetium wrote:So each time Day phase starts, one lifeline is expended?

Except for the very first Day phase, of course. (NINJA EDIT: That is, if as soon as you have 0 lifelines, you die.)
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:15 pm

The first day phase is free for the sake of simplicity.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to Dangan Ronpa