Leavers are ruining the game

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Leavers are ruining the game

Postby Derisen » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:55 pm

People quit D1 when they have a role that they don't enjoy playing, or worse regardless of the role, they leave for whatever reason in the late game and make their team lose. Last game we were winning with town and Jailor just left for no reason and we lost since we couldn't outvoted maf and jailor was the only killing town. It really doesn't matter how good you play at this point. One of your teammate leaves on the most critical day of the game and you lost. There should be consequences for leaving mid game or some people will continue to ruin Town of Salem.
Derisen

Re: Leavers are ruining the game

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:37 pm

Yeah, but there are twenty million posts exactly like this.
Such as this
Or this
Or this
Or this
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Fix spy so it's not cancer, fix Psychic so it's not cancer, fix ww so it's not cancer, fix framer so it's not cancer, fix forger so it's not cancer, fix disguiser so it's not cancer, fix arsonist so it's not cancer, fix retri so it's not cancer.

Maybe less people will leave if those roles weren't so poorly made.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Derisen » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:41 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:Yeah, but there are twenty million posts exactly like this.

OK my bad. I play ToS for quite some time and leavers were always a problem so I thought I should write on here. Anyways, it's good to hear a AFK Buster mechanism is under construction. It will improve the game quality dramatically.
Derisen

Postby ProvidenceAve » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:50 pm

I've seen "leavers" be the worst in Custom queue more than any of the others. people love a unique role list but get pissed when they don't get one of the ones that they wanted. generally these games are completely unbalanced anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

I see people leave the most for like medium, spy, and arso. generally you can still have a competitive game if one of those leaves. It really stinks when godfather or jailor leave as it has a more significant impact.

One of the more annoying instance of leavers is when someone gets voted up and just leaves the game because they were voted up and obviously evil. The problem with this is town innos then can get someone else.

Possibly would be good not to notify when players leave during the day or night but rather during the transitions
ProvidenceAve
Jester
Jester

Return to Suggestions