Last Will Changes

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Last Will Changes

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 am

This might get fixed in the Unity update but everytime I try and copy paste my will and accidentally delete it all I have to rewrite the entire thing because there is no undo button at all. Sucks when you've made a great ass fake will only to be deleted by a misclick forever and then get lynched because of it.

It is unfortunate, happen to anyone else though? Or just me?
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Last Will Changes

Postby Ayame01 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:00 am

I remember this happening to me in the past and I was pretty upset. I was inno and I couldn't back myself up with my will because I accidentally deleted it. If you accidentally push CTRL + X instead of CTRL + C it will delete your will. Same with CTRL + V now that I think of it. X and V are right next to C so it's not hard to do.

They could make CTRL + Z (undo) functional, or there could be two buttons instead of one on the will. A save button with a check mark to save the will and an x button to cancel the will. Then if you accidentally deleted the will, you could just cancel it and reopen it to get it back.
Ayame01
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:02 pm

I think there was one time I irrevocably deleted my will, but I wasn't under any suspicion at the time, so I was able to remake it.

I've had the experience of pressing CTRL+X by mistake several times, but there's a simple fix to that: press CTRL+V and you have your will back. (Sometimes I will press CTRL+X followed by CTRL+V intentionally, just to prove to myself that I've actually copied it rather than having my keystroke ignored).

An undo button is an obvious feature (ideally available as CTRL+Z); they've probably already added it to the Unity version, so I'm not too concerned, but they should obviously add it there if they haven't already.

Having "save" and "cancel" buttons instead of a "close" button is also a good idea - it will make it obvious to newbies that your will isn't saved until you close it. (Unless the Unity port changes that?)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:23 am

Yeah, my problem is when I touch type, my pinky accidentally presses backspace or delete and it is ALL gone. No pasting back that information, just sucks lol
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Suggestions