2FA for the game?

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

2FA for the game?

Postby Ahmadh26 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:18 am

I don't know if this was suggested before.

But is it hard to add 2FA for town of Salem?

I honestly think it should have it.
Ahmadh26
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: 2FA for the game?

Postby Brilliand » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:06 pm

It has been suggested before, though it could stand to be discussed more..

It's probably difficult, but doable.

Why should it have it? I kind of doubt it would do anything against the immediate problem of Mannequin, since adding the feature doesn't necessarily mean anyone will use it.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: 2FA for the game?

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:09 pm

@Brilliand It should have it to protect people with no email attached to their account. Currently the only way to defend your account in case of a Mannequin attack requires you to have an email linked to your account, which a lot of people don’t have. It’s also pretty difficult to get a new email linked to your account if you don’t have one or lost access to yours. 2FA would sidestep these issues, so those people aren’t completely fucked.
Image
User avatar
MysticMismagius
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: 2FA for the game?

Postby Flavorable » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:37 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:@Brilliand It should have it to protect people with no email attached to their account. Currently the only way to defend your account in case of a Mannequin attack requires you to have an email linked to your account, which a lot of people don’t have. It’s also pretty difficult to get a new email linked to your account if you don’t have one or lost access to yours. 2FA would sidestep these issues, so those people aren’t completely fucked.


People would still need a working e-mailaddress for 2FA, though.
Steam ToS Moderator and Bug Report buttinsky.
Image
User avatar
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3120
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: 2FA for the game?

Postby Ahmadh26 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:42 pm

My thought is force it on the accounts.. which means no 2fa then you can't login.. that way the accounts that are idle or haven't been used can be locked out from getting hacked.

That's my point for it tbh
Ahmadh26
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: 2FA for the game?

Postby Brilliand » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Ahmadh26 wrote:My thought is force it on the accounts.. which means no 2fa then you can't login.. that way the accounts that are idle or haven't been used can be locked out from getting hacked.

That's my point for it tbh


What do you mean by "the accounts"?

I very much do not want my account to have 2FA added to it.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: 2FA for the game?

Postby Ahmadh26 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:21 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Ahmadh26 wrote:My thought is force it on the accounts.. which means no 2fa then you can't login.. that way the accounts that are idle or haven't been used can be locked out from getting hacked.

That's my point for it tbh


What do you mean by "the accounts"?

I very much do not want my account to have 2FA added to it.


Would you prefer that your account gets compromised?..
Ahmadh26
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: 2FA for the game?

Postby Brilliand » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:14 am

Ahmadh26 wrote:Would you prefer that your account gets compromised?..


It doesn't work that way, dude. 2FA is highly annoying and wouldn't actually have much effect on whether my account gets compromised.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: 2FA for the game?

Postby Yemac » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:38 am

2FA and 2SV are so annoying. Please don't. Just reset all passwords. It may be scummy, but people should've thought of resetting their passwords beforehand. Or setting an e-mail account up.
Yemac
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:46 am

Re: 2FA for the game?

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:04 am

If 2FA is added, I bet the forums will be flooded with people asking to remove it.
Interested in Role Ideas?
Formatting role ideas is the most tedious thing I've ever done.
To make it ten times better feel free to use this free web tool to format your role ideas quickly and easily!
Forum Post - Direct Link


~ 'Cuz when we jumping and popping, we jopping' ~
A whole SuperM
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests