Sexual harassment in game and how to deal with it?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Re: Sexual harassment in game and how to deal with it?

Postby PuppetPrincess » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Your reply has little to do with this issue. Any past topics about me are irrelevant. And I’ve already stated why simply ignoring such a player is not a good solution.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Duckferno » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:42 pm

PuppetPrincess wrote:Your reply has little to do with this issue. Any past topics about me are irrelevant. And I’ve already stated why simply ignoring such a player is not a good solution.

But it is. Ignore the player Mentally. Just don't listen to what they have to say. Or turn the filter on, the words they use will be censored. (If that's how that works)
The Duck has Spoken. Please move Along Now.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby PuppetPrincess » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:45 pm

It's not how the filter works, and not all of us can just ignore something like that.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby BabyGobln » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:56 pm

You gotta block and report, and then if they're someone on the forums or reddit, you need to expose the m too.
BabyGobln
Executioner
Executioner

Postby PuppetPrincess » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:24 pm

I might just stop playing. My appeal was denied. This is a joke. I even just reread the Wikia. It literally SAYS what he did was harassment, and he also bypassed the chat filter, which is also reportable. But I'm breaking the rules because I asked that he be reported. Ridiculous.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby PuppetPrincess » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Except I didn't break a rule. He started the game harassing me and bypassing the chat filter, thus me saying to report him should be completely valid.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby RetralMega » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:50 pm

PuppetPrincess wrote:Except I didn't break a rule. He started the game harassing me and bypassing the chat filter, thus me saying to report him should be completely valid.

If you didn't break a rule; your report wouldn't have been Guilty'd.
If you didn't break a rule; your appeal would have been granted.

Face the facts.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby PuppetPrincess » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:59 pm

Retral, that is sadly often not the case.

What's important to me is justice. It's not right that I got suspended when I did nothing wrong. He called me a word blocked by the chat filter. Using this word and bypassing the filter are both against the rules. Thus, me asking that others report him is not "inciting false reports".
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby PuppetPrincess » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:37 pm

My roleplaying is irrelevant. Me being viewed as annoying does not make their behavior acceptable.

The Lobby is often filled with people saying things related to how they hope a player from last game isn't present. That itself is fine, provided something like a slur is not used. In the case of mine, a name was not even given. You describe Solo's reaction as him not being thrilled, but rather than express any annoyance, he embraced it. HE is the one who said he was the predator mentioned, then proceeded to bypass the chat filter, something which is against the rules, and call someone an inappropriate name, which is also against the rules. It's pretty horrible of you to try and shift the blame to me because I take offense to someone calling me a nasty word, especially when that someone harassed me extensively in the last game. And no, I didn't call them out first. I said no names. THEY acknowledged who they were, proudly.

I consider the stuff Solo said to be as vulgar. You don't have to agree, but it's still not a lie. Also, again, there's the fact that he spent the entire last game making disgusting sexual remarks to me, under the belief I was an underage girl. That's going to color everything he says, no matter how much people want to separate this game from the last one.

Stating Solo would be banned if people report him is just a statement, not harassment. And again, by this point, he has already insulted me several times, and is likely to do it the whole game.

Castiel knows my age because I just told him. I told him I was fifteen, so him making those kinds of remarks fell under that. And that was happening in THIS game, not the other one.

Ignoring people in the middle of a game like ToS is stupid. It DOES mess with how you play. You need to be able to see what all the other players say.

You defending Solo shows what is wrong with the world today. His behavior was inappropriate, even by the game's rules, yet I'm blamed. I'm told I should grow a thicker skin. This wasn't even just a player calling me a name because I'd gotten him hung or something, which I would likely overlook, but a player who'd spent a whole game harassing me just before this. You can talk about separating all you want, but life doesn't work like that. His behavior defines how people view and react to him, and that's never going to be game by game.

Solo has done ban-worthy stuff. I know this for a fact. So it's fine for me to say I hope he gets banned, even if you believe he has done nothing in that game.

Harassment is harassment. Them believing me to be fifteen just makes it worse. Solo was told last game when I was trying to get him to stop, and Castiel was told this game. Both chose to keep going.

Defamation? Seriously? If you are in a game talking about assaulting someone sexually, that's pretty telling about your character right there. Then you go on doing it when you learn the person is fifteen, and even remarks that age doesn't matter. I am well within my rights to assume they do this kind of thing outside the internet. ToS doesn't exist in a bubble, and while we act like what happens online isn't "real", it is. People get arrested in "real" life for saying things like what they did online all the time.

You're the one ignoring facts and blaming a victim, who you admit you don't like. You're defending two known predators as well. It's just wrong.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Duckferno » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:25 pm

Please lock this thread. It's annoying to see someone being extremely ignorant of their actions, but make it seem okay for you to do something, but not vice versa.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby PuppetPrincess » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Stop trying to get the thread locked just because you disagree.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby RetralMega » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:54 pm

PuppetPrincess wrote:Stop trying to get the thread locked just because you disagree.

Literally everyone disagrees.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby PuppetPrincess » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:00 pm

The facts are the facts, all the same.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby ca11 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:09 pm

PuppetPrincess wrote:Stop trying to get the thread locked just because you disagree.

No, this thread should be locked because it became offtopic several messages ago.

You originally wanted to know how to deal with harassment in-game. You were given plenty of advice and options in the answers, all of them perfectly valid. Whether you like them or not, or what option among all you end up choosing is entirely up to you, but that doesn't belong to this thread anymore.

Then the thread turned into your appeal 2.0. Multiple users have explained to you why your report got guiltied and why your appeal has been denied. You can agree or disagree with them, but that again doesn't belong to this thread, as this is not the proper subforum and your report is not going to be reverted no matter what.

So at this point, what are you really expecting of this thread? Your messages show that you're not open to consider the majority's (if not everybody's) view on the situation, and so discussion no longer makes sense. You either take perspective and try to understand others' view, or you just agree to disagree and end this here.
ca11
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PuppetPrincess » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:12 pm

You're all just showing the current problem with the game - abuse isn't taken seriously. Just blame and punish the victims. : ( Ignoring isn't a good solution.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Duckferno » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:28 pm

We aren't even saying. Didn't the Patron already tell you the moderator Banned and Suspended 2 players. What is there else that you need. The report system is fine as they already explained. I really don't understand the issue anymore.
Right as you started talking about the report system and complaining, it got off topic.

-If you don't think that your punishment wasn't Justified, which more than enough people have agreed it is, then PM Naru or TurdPile about it. But I'm sure it will be ignored.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby PuppetPrincess » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:32 pm

It's not fine, because they still got away with it, while I got punished.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Duckferno » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:39 pm

The moderator Jerme responded
Please do not assume that others are left unpunished, because you were suspended for something. I believe we've dealt both with "Solo" and "Castiel" yesterday.

You got off topic when you wrote
I just got suspended for hate speech and harassment for falsely inciting reports against the guy I made this topic about. I'm gonna go appeal it now, but this kinda supports what I said here.

The reporting system is the best it could be, and no one is abusing it. It can't be abused as long as its not run by a bot, it is run by a system which Jurors can vote on whether the report is guilty or innocent and then a judge will decide. Then if the Judge deems it guilty, you are given a suspension/ban and you can try to appeal it at the Appeal Forum.
Also I don't understand why ignoring isn't a good option. I don't see why you REALLY care so much to win a game because you aren't getting information from what seems to be hateful people.

The facts are the facts, all the same.
The fact is the Report System has nothing wrong with it.(The Only thing that is, is that Moderators or Judges need to deal with some stupid reports). You changed the topic of this thread, which should lock the thread.

Not to be rude but it's an Online Game and you are taking Online 'Abuse' extremely serious, you need to harden up a bit.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby PuppetPrincess » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm

There were punished for other offenses. If they were punished for their behavior in that game, then that would further prove my point.

This topic was made to point out and talk about the issues with sexual harassment in game. My suspension was directly related to that, as well as the specific incident I was talking about.

The reporting system needs to be better. People who deserve to be punished aren't, because the reports don't go through, while people who have done nothing wrong DO get punished.

In a game, you need to be able to see what the other players are saying.

No, I don't need to "harden up". Abuse is abuse, and it should always be taken seriously.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Duckferno » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:03 pm

But you see, you are being ignorant. I hope you know what that means. And like you just said, the issue was addressed. No one will listen to one person who thinks the report system is bad. Because everyone in this forum has disagreed with you at least once.

If one report goes through, there would be an increase of more than 90% false reports and it would be extremely frustrating. Understand this please.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby Jerme » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Don't think others remained unpunished just because you got punished.
@Puppet: Its a bit of both (hardening up and "taking abuse seriously", sure Solo evaded the softfilter once, but thats it. Feeling harassed by just two lines of rather "mild" content does not equal as harassment.

I believe locking the htread is in order, since it went offtopic too much and one shouldn't discuss ones ban or suspension outside of the appeals board.
Lets all stay civil, shall we?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Ask Questions