Sexual harassment in game and how to deal with it?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Re: Sexual harassment in game and how to deal with it?

Postby PuppetPrincess » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:07 pm

I'm trying, but they really don't want to take the strike away. : (
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby jesse01998 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:08 pm

You deserve a perma ban imo. False claiming every game, Spamming Coo! (OWO) You claimed Spy as a jailor in 3x of my games ruining our chances. THEN claimed ret as a mayor. No wonder everyone hates you, Just stating the truths bud, Stop false claiming and you mightt getta bit of respect. Inciting false reports is against the rules and you wont get it reverted.
jesse01998
Doctor
Doctor

Postby PuppetPrincess » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Please don't hijack threads. This is about a specific issue. Also, I never incited any false reports.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby RetralMega » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:19 pm

PuppetPrincess wrote:Please don't hijack threads. This is about a specific issue. Also, I never incited any false reports.

I mean, that is what you were punished for... The evidence exists...
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby PuppetPrincess » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:25 pm

And I explain in the appeal thread why the claims against me aren't true.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby RetralMega » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:44 pm

PuppetPrincess wrote:And I explain in the appeal thread why the claims against me aren't true.

But they are.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby PuppetPrincess » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:21 pm

No, they aren't. And this isn't the place to talk about my appeal. This thread is getting off-topic.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby RetralMega » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:04 pm

PuppetPrincess wrote:No, they aren't. And this isn't the place to talk about my appeal. This thread is getting off-topic.

The thread has no topic now. We told you what to do and that's that. There are no other options available to you other than not playing at all.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby PuppetPrincess » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:12 pm

Changes to the system could be made.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby RetralMega » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:16 pm

PuppetPrincess wrote:Changes to the system could be made.

Like what? It has /ignore. I don't know what else could be done without disrupting gameplay more than ignoring someone.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby PuppetPrincess » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Ignoring them CAN disrupt the game, though. The real issue is with two people being required to report someone for the log to be available and the player to be able to be punished.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby RetralMega » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:41 am

PuppetPrincess wrote:Ignoring them CAN disrupt the game, though. The real issue is with two people being required to report someone for the log to be available and the player to be able to be punished.

I said more disruptive than ignoring a player.
It requires two people because if it was only one 90% of Trials would be false reports. If only one person thinks it's worth reporting, more likely than not it's not worth reporting. Plus I think a Mod already told you one person was banned and another was suspended? So I don't understand what the problem is.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby mzann1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:17 am

PuppetPrincess wrote:Ignoring them CAN disrupt the game, though. The real issue is with two people being required to report someone for the log to be available and the player to be able to be punished.

You can always take screenshots of chatlog and the names at end of the game and report them in the forums. That's what i do, i barely use the report system in-game. It's a waste of time tbh

mzann1
Transporter
Transporter

Postby RetralMega » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:20 am

mzann1 wrote:

You can always take screenshots of chatlog and the names at end of the game and report them in the forums. That's what i do, i barely use the report system in-game. It's a waste of time tbh

It's not though. That mentality is why Trials has issues with players not even having reports get to Trials.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby mzann1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:43 am

RetralMega wrote:
mzann1 wrote:

It's not though. That mentality is why Trials has issues with players not even having reports get to Trials.

I just don't like wasting my time to get someone else to report certain players and not only that, to wait until the game ends for it to count as well (at least it used to be like that) so yeah. Unless is a very obvious offense people won't report for a simple stupid reason. I play mostly in chaos modes like Lovers or All Any so yeah i don't take game very serious when it comes to that.

mzann1
Transporter
Transporter

Postby RetralMega » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:45 am

mzann1 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
mzann1 wrote:

I just don't like wasting my time to get someone else to report certain players and not only that, to wait until the game ends for it to count as well (at least it used to be like that) so yeah. Unless is a very obvious offense people won't report for a simple stupid reason. I play mostly in chaos modes like Lovers or All Any so yeah i don't take game very serious when it comes to that.

Can't complain about shitty players when you don't do your part to get rid of them though. And you can definitely report during a game. Been like that for quite a while.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby mzann1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:02 pm

RetralMega wrote:
mzann1 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
mzann1 wrote:

Can't complain about shitty players when you don't do your part to get rid of them though. And you can definitely report during a game. Been like that for quite a while.

And who said i can't report during a game? i said that i hate waiting until the end of the game for it to count. Also, i think it's faster reporting them directly here in the forums and it's what i do. But being a free game it won't get rid of shitty players, all they have to do is make a new account.

mzann1
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:13 pm

mzann1 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
mzann1 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
mzann1 wrote:

And who said i can't report during a game? i said that i hate waiting until the end of the game for it to count. Also, i think it's faster reporting them directly here in the forums and it's what i do. But being a free game it won't get rid of shitty players, all they have to do is make a new account.

Reporting on the forums is only allowed in very specific situations as of June 15th.

As for the rest: You don't have to report people at the end of the game, you can report them in the middle of the game by clicked the big red exclamation point.
Add to that that a reports NEEDS to be filed for us to handle it on the forums to begin with.

PuppetPrincess wrote:I'm trying, but they really don't want to take the strike away. : (

You held a grudge over on to the next game and lied about them saying bad stuff to you in whispers, before they even broke a rule in that game. Bad behavior does not warrant bad behavior and two wrongs don't make a right.

As for the rest: I don't really see a point in discussing any further. You have been given options, what you do with them is up to you.
As a tip: Next time, don't feed the trolls and don't then re-engage the trolls the next game. If you ignore people, they will lose their interest soon enough.

If extended harassment is going on (without you actually triggering them to reignite the harassment next game), you can always PM a Judge with screenshots and an explanation so they can look out for people, but regardless, two people need to report someone for them to be able to handle the situation. And if you don't engage the trolls and at the end of the game (or towards the end of the game), you calmly ask your fellow players if they can report them for harassment, you'll see that people will be much more compliant.

Last but not least, and in a perfect world this wouldn't be happening, but sadly, it does: When you annoy the living heck out of people, which you have a knack for judging by the amount of people complaining about your whole "Coo!" schtick, people are less likely to sympathize with you and thus less likely to report someone for you. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is justifiable, but it is true, though.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mzann1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Flavorable wrote:
mzann1 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
mzann1 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
mzann1 wrote:

Reporting on the forums is only allowed in very specific situations as of June 15th.

As for the rest: You don't have to report people at the end of the game, you can report them in the middle of the game by clicked the big red exclamation point.
Add to that that a reports NEEDS to be filed for us to handle it on the forums to begin with.

PuppetPrincess wrote:I'm trying, but they really don't want to take the strike away. : (

You held a grudge over on to the next game and lied about them saying bad stuff to you in whispers, before they even broke a rule in that game. Bad behavior does not warrant bad behavior and two wrongs don't make a right.

As for the rest: I don't really see a point in discussing any further. You have been given options, what you do with them is up to you.
As a tip: Next time, don't feed the trolls and don't then re-engage the trolls the next game. If you ignore people, they will lose their interest soon enough.

If extended harassment is going on (without you actually triggering them to reignite the harassment next game), you can always PM a Judge with screenshots and an explanation so they can look out for people, but regardless, two people need to report someone for them to be able to handle the situation. And if you don't engage the trolls and at the end of the game (or towards the end of the game), you calmly ask your fellow players if they can report them for harassment, you'll see that people will be much more compliant.

Last but not least, and in a perfect world this wouldn't be happening, but sadly, it does: When you annoy the living heck out of people, which you have a knack for judging by the amount of people complaining about your whole "Coo!" schtick, people are less likely to sympathize with you and thus less likely to report someone for you. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is justifiable, but it is true, though.

lmao, i already know the report button, read better. I said that i don't like waiting until the end of the game for the report to count. It used to be like that, you needed 2 people to report 1 person and wait until the very end of the game (meaning that you cannot leave game if it's not finished) for it to go through the Trials system.

mzann1
Transporter
Transporter

Postby RetralMega » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Idk when it was ever like that. I don't remember you ever having to stay till the end of the game for a report to go through.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby PuppetPrincess » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Flavorable, that is an outright lie. I did not lie about either of them, and I only encouraged reporting them AFTER they had already violated the rules.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Duckferno » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 pm

There is a topic about you Princess, asking for you to get Suspended/Banned for Spamming COO! in the chat. If you don't like how you're being treated ignore the player. They can't change the system its not the systems "fault."
The Duck has Spoken. Please move Along Now.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby PuppetPrincess » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Your reply has little to do with this issue. Any past topics about me are irrelevant. And I’ve already stated why simply ignoring such a player is not a good solution.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Duckferno » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:42 pm

PuppetPrincess wrote:Your reply has little to do with this issue. Any past topics about me are irrelevant. And I’ve already stated why simply ignoring such a player is not a good solution.

But it is. Ignore the player Mentally. Just don't listen to what they have to say. Or turn the filter on, the words they use will be censored. (If that's how that works)
The Duck has Spoken. Please move Along Now.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby PuppetPrincess » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:45 pm

It's not how the filter works, and not all of us can just ignore something like that.
PuppetPrincess
Lookout
Lookout

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Questions