7/1/19 Monthly Update!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

7/1/19 Monthly Update!

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Hey Townies,

I am excited to say that we should have the Steam beta for the Unity port out by the end of this month! With our recent completion of the purchasing path for Steam users we are in a pre-beta polish phase trying to find and fix bugs, and add the final touches to non-critical to game play features. This would include things like Steam linking functionality, insufficient TP/MP pop-ups, etc. Most of the major feature work is done, or very near done.

We are very excited to get this beta out into users hands, and we will be releasing more information on how to get involved in the beta in the coming weeks. We will be doing a few extra update posts this month leading up to the beta release. Expect more news in 2 weeks, another update a week before the beta launch, and the day before it launches.

Thank you all for you patience while we have been working on the Unity port. We have big plans for the future, and once the Unity port is out we have a lot more time to make improvements to different aspects of the game.

Happy Hanging Everyone!

Edit: 7/22 We got our internal build almost to the point that we are comfortable releasing it. We may even be releasing the beta sooner than expected.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: 7/1/19 Monthly Update!

Postby SirJustin90 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Awesome to hear! It's finally here. (Well almost)
SirJustin90

Postby Villagerlover » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Hurray!!

I can't wait!
I have a feeling this new port will refresh the feeling of ToS entirely
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:09 pm

Villagerlover wrote:Hurray!!

I can't wait!
I have a feeling this new port will refresh the feeling of ToS entirely
I hope it does. It would make the long wait worth it.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Djaouida » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:12 pm

Villagerlover wrote:I have a feeling this new port will refresh the feeling of ToS entirely

Playing the Mobile port when it first came out is remarkably different from flash.
So yes, it will heavily refresh the game.
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:47 am

So excited for Unity! Will finally be able to get rid of Adobe Flash, hopefully no more lag in the game chat, no more ??? in place of Juggernaut, maybe it'll finally fix the OBS issue where I can't stream with sound.

Also, now the devs can finally work on implementing some of the feature requests people have wanted for a while, like KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS maybe? ;)
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Jerme » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 am

There are a few things planned, but I believe shortcuts haven't been one of that. But for now, the port has to be completely done, havign the beta released to Steam doesn't mean that the client is done, as the web port has to be finished, as well as squishing possible bugs that come up. The road is not done, yet, but hopefully not long anymore.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:05 pm

I'll see if there's still interest in shortcuts after Unity is fully live then. I've found a way to close my last will with a few key presses, but being able to open and close it with a single key press would be so nice. Being able to control the entire game with the keyboard would be a dream :D
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:22 am

no one:
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Koleszar » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 am

PleaseReadSiege wrote:I'll see if there's still interest in shortcuts after Unity is fully live then. I've found a way to close my last will with a few key presses, but being able to open and close it with a single key press would be so nice. Being able to control the entire game with the keyboard would be a dream :D

Would be nicer to auto-save the last will at the end of the night instead of closing to manually save it. That's my dream at least...
If you own Town of Salem on Steam, don't forget to apply to our Town of Salem dedicated group. Click here to apply. We're looking to build a great community among Town of Salem players to have fun with.
Koleszar
Witch
Witch

Postby Villagerlover » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am

Koleszar wrote:
PleaseReadSiege wrote:I'll see if there's still interest in shortcuts after Unity is fully live then. I've found a way to close my last will with a few key presses, but being able to open and close it with a single key press would be so nice. Being able to control the entire game with the keyboard would be a dream :D

Would be nicer to auto-save the last will at the end of the night instead of closing to manually save it. That's my dream at least...

I hate to break it to you, but that dream won't come true. If we allowed that, then the town investigative roles would be able to record everything they did on their wills right before they die which is terrible.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:13 am

Villagerlover wrote:
Koleszar wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but that dream won't come true. If we allowed that, then the town investigative roles would be able to record everything they did on their wills right before they die which is terrible.
No they wouldn’t. By the time they see their results, the will would already be autosaved and locked in if you die.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Koleszar » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:18 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
Koleszar wrote:

No they wouldn’t. By the time they see their results, the will would already be autosaved and locked in if you die.

Smart boy who's not playing since yesterday. You got the answear.
If you own Town of Salem on Steam, don't forget to apply to our Town of Salem dedicated group. Click here to apply. We're looking to build a great community among Town of Salem players to have fun with.
Koleszar
Witch
Witch

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Oh hey, this might happen before I graduate college ;)
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby HellnoRO » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:56 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Expect more news in 2 weeks

lol
HellnoRO
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:53 pm

The current build is looking quite good. There are a few things that might need to be looked on, but its going quite well, so far.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:52 pm

HellnoRO wrote:
shapesifter13 wrote:Expect more news in 2 weeks
lol
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/030/043/cover2.jpg
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:54 pm

Sorry about the delay with that. We got our internal build almost to the point that we are comfortable releasing it. We may even be releasing the beta sooner than expected.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:20 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Sorry about the delay with that. We got our internal build almost to the point that we are comfortable releasing it. We may even be releasing the beta sooner than expected.

You mean sooner as in, like, within this week?
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Jerme » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:03 pm

I believe sooner than the 31st July ;)

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:42 am

What if

Instead

We delayed it until December

When I'm not busy
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Descender » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:52 am

[me, hoping this will resurrect tos]
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Jerme » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Helicooler wrote:[me, hoping this will resurrect tos]

Do you think the unitclient is the Retributionist many want to have removed?
I belevie ToS was not dead before, but I beleive it will stil lrefresh the game to others. There is still some work to do before it gets released I believe.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Jerme wrote:

I belevie ToS was not dead before, but I beleive it will stil lrefresh the game to others. There is still some work to do before it gets released I believe.

its like half-dead right now
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:38 pm

Google wrote:
Jerme wrote:

its like half-dead right now

if you actually look at google trending rn, you can see that tos was just at its all time lowest, lower than when the game was released and before it got any big shout outs, and i dont think a big bump is coming since unity changes are very minor.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Next

Return to Announcements