Remove the god forsaken trial system

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Remove the god forsaken trial system

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Shyyster wrote:
LeGr8stMeme wrote:Racism/pedophile barely exist since pay to play. Not many people would pay 5 dollars to get banned.

Go read appeals. You will see tons of people suspended for racism or having a pedophile name. Holy shit, you're ignorant when the evidence is literally on these forums.

Appeales =/= game. As said before but you aren't reading what I said which ignorant of you. I think you should stop being a hypocrite and saying insult that mainly apply to you. Trial priorities it so of course that whats you'll first see being handled over anything despite it hardly happening in games. In the game itself GT is far more apparent - fact. And you are also wrong its not even tons of people in appeals I've just took a glance and its full of so many imo borderline harassment reports, my god it's worse than I thought.

Holy this appeal thing isn't even helping your case. All the appeals are for harassment for one, there's an appeal because someone said ' c unt", which while being guilty for filter evading didn't neccesarily ruin the game. Another report of someone saying "I'm going to get u banned", which doesn't inherently even mean to be false reporting. And another one for MINOR filter evading. Trial system is literally a lost cause.

update: There was one for posting merely a single unrelated to the game screenshot by mistake!!! LOL

Thank you shyster for showing me appeals im more convinced than ever trial emphasis not just minor harassment but picking holes on any report they can find to get someone banned.
Last edited by LeGr8stMeme on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:21 pm

LeGr8stMeme wrote:I also didn't say it shouldn't be punished however at the end of the day its a total stranger trolling not really damning the win condition of the game.

What kind of stupid logic is this?

"HS/H is just a person trolling!"

The exact same thing can be said for gamethrowers.

LeGr8stMeme wrote: Stop being stuck in your box and getting offended by everything.

Ah yes, how dare someone be offended by another player telling them to kill themselves! They should just suck it up and keep playing! /s

Let's try this for people like yourself that whine about gamethrowers.

"Why you getting mad at losing a video game? It's not real life, get over it and stop crying."

If someone said that to you, would you listen to them or get angry and report them for ruining the game for you?

LeGr8stMeme wrote:Personally I've seen like 1 person saying some minor racism in like 1 month and I play quite often, its hardly apparent as you and trial system make it out to be.

LOL, it's apparent then you actually take part in the Trial System and do reports. You can check appeals and see majority of them right now are HS/H violations due to how many reports there are of it.

LeGr8stMeme wrote:This isn't some social chatting platform, its a video game.

This has to be the stupidest thing you said. Most online video games punish their players for racial slurs and verbally abusing others, especially Xbox. You frequently hear more about players being banned for saying something then gamethrowing in most online games.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Wrong. There's more gamethrowing reports its been said before by a moderator. Please stop your bullshit lmao. All your name calling applies back to you. Quit wasting your time and be a twitch mod for some twitch streamer your sjw self belongs more there tbh :|
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:24 pm

LeGr8stMeme wrote:Appeales =/= game. As said before but you aren't reading what I said which ignorant of you. I think you should stop being a hypocrite and saying insult that mainly apply to you. Trial priorities it so of course that whats you'll first see being handled over anything despite it hardly happening in games.

2 things because at this point I'm talking to a brick wall.

1. No Trial doesn't prioritze HS/H reports over other reports. Jurors have the ability to decide which reports they want to vote on and which ones they don't, most jurors prefer HS/H reports since that category is the majority of reports in Trial.

2. If it hardly happens in games, then appeals wouldn't be filled with players being suspended over violating the HS/H rule. Just because you don't see a bunch of racism in your games, doesn't mean the rest of the community has the same experience.

You're the one who needs to get out of his box and stop being ignorant.
Last edited by Shyyster on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:25 pm

LeGr8stMeme wrote:Wrong. There's more gamethrowing reports its been said before by a moderator. Please stop your bullshit lmao. All your name calling applies back to you. Quit wasting your time and be a twitch mod for some twitch streamer your sjw self belongs more there tbh :|

Post the quote by the Moderator. I'll wait.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm

I'm being ignorant? I showed facts. You didn't. You told me to go appeals to look at the racism? There was hardly any. Just very minor harassment reports (all of them were harassment). Gamethrowing doesn't get handled despite it completely ruining a game. This isn't some social chating platform it's a video game.
Shyyster wrote:
LeGr8stMeme wrote:Wrong. There's more gamethrowing reports its been said before by a moderator. Please stop your bullshit lmao. All your name calling applies back to you. Quit wasting your time and be a twitch mod for some twitch streamer your sjw self belongs more there tbh :|

Post the quote by the Moderator. I'll wait.

I'm not going to go look that far back but it was more of a breakdown of the trial system, gamethrowing consisted of 40k open reports harassment has 12k, leaving had 2k, ... somewhere a long the line, granted this was when it was free to play. Though I believe that would increase hs not gting.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:32 pm

LeGr8stMeme wrote:I'm not going to go look that far back but it was more of a breakdown of the trial system, gamethrowing consisted of 40k open reports harassment has 12k, leaving had 2k, ... somewhere a long the line, granted this was when it was free to play. Though I believe that would increase hs not gting.

You're spewing bullshit when you say GTing consisted of 40k open reports. Reports get closed within a month if they haven't been voted on by jurors and pushed to jurors. ToS has never been that active to the point of having 40k open reports in a category.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:34 pm

Shyyster wrote:
LeGr8stMeme wrote:I'm not going to go look that far back but it was more of a breakdown of the trial system, gamethrowing consisted of 40k open reports harassment has 12k, leaving had 2k, ... somewhere a long the line, granted this was when it was free to play. Though I believe that would increase hs not gting.

You're spewing bullshit when you say GTing consisted of 40k open reports. Reports get closed within a month if they haven't been voted on by jurors and pushed to jurors. ToS has never been that active to the point of having 40k open reports in a category.

Wrong. Your claim of there being more hs report than gamethrowing is confirmed wrong. You just say things out of your mouth without truly knowing precisely how you directed me to appeal and it completely not helping your case at all. Anyways I'm going to have to agree to disagree for now since I have to go. I hope you stop wasting your time on this system where you will never have any impact and to probably get a hobby. hf
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:36 pm

LeGr8stMeme wrote:
Shyyster wrote:

Wrong. Your claim of there being more hs report than gamethrowing is confirmed wrong. You just say things out of your mouth without truly knowing precisely how you directed me to appeal and it completely not helping your case at all. Anyways I'm going to have to agree to disagree for now since I have to go. I hope you stop wasting your time on this system where you will never have any impact and to probably get a hobby. hf

Literally claim that a Moderator says 40k open GTing reports, but unable to show the quote.

Yeah, you're full of bullshit and a poor troll.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Yes those number cames outta my head I obviously cant remember the exact numbers however I do remember gamethrowing being significantly more reports than harassment was. And I can say that with certainty. Why don't you ask your mod friends what the breakdown of trial system is currently I assure you gamethrowing is more. And if anyone is a bad troll its the one being close minded and using baseless insults, but didn't expect much someone from someone who wasted years using the trial system having no impact what so ever. Truly I feel bad for you.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:46 pm

LeGr8stMeme wrote: Yes those number cames outta my head I obviously cant remember the exact numbers

Then why not say this instead of tossing out a number that is unrealistic and a long time active juror would immediately call out? This is why I called you a troll.

LeGr8stMeme wrote: Why don't you ask your mod friends what the breakdown of trial system is currently I assure you gamethrowing is more.

The best authority on the numbers of reports in TS would be Turdpile and he is currently on a vacation, so even if I wanted to ask him I wouldn't be able to get in contact with him. Not that I would need to when I know for a fact by just looking at the number of reports done daily that HS/H is the majority of reports in the system.

LeGr8stMeme wrote:but don't expect much someone from someone who wasted years using the trial system having no impact what so ever.

Here are a glimpse of the GTing reports I have done for this month. Notice what all of them have in common?

https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2382484
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2381990
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2381988
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2381977
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2381887
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2380654
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2380728
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2382148
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2382458
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2382102

And hell, I bet the reports that Judges have done from me alone outweighs the amount of GTing reports they have done via the forums in this entire year.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:53 pm

Because I genuinely remember them saying a number like 40k but don't really wanna be quoted on a number that was from quite a while ago, but ultimately It was 100% GT being far more than HS. TS is not better than forum reports just because you can get reports expedited. You and some other people can give reports to the judges to guilty is minor compared to everyone in the game giving reports through the forum and the judges handling them. It guarentees they will get to it whereas trial system lets the reports rot. GT does not get handled otherwise. Also I've look at a few and most if not all are coven. Coven is a minority compared to the entire game itself. And again, go ask TurdPile when hes back, GT far surpasses HS in terms of reports.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Shyyster wrote:
Brilliand wrote: other people who obsessively shut down discussion in the town... but no, that's not right... "super toxic users" here means people who are willing to express opinions that are socially unacceptable.

The first report I pulled from appeals is someone violating HS/H rules telling players to die in real life.

https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=2409089

Yeah tell me how an opinion such as that is just socially unacceptable and isn't deserving of a punishment.

That is indeed a pretty horrible opinion. I know of some suicide cults, and... fortunately those who believed in them aren't around anymore. Wait, did I just say someone killing himself was a good thing? Ah, well.

In context, though, that guy wasn't trying to express support for suicide. He was trying to say the meanest thing he could think of, because he had just worked himself up into a rage. Personally I wouldn't report that guy (even if he said it to me), although I don't blame you (inclusive, I realize it wasn't you personally) for suspending him. I do, however, blame you for thinking that by suspending him, you're removing one of the worst elements of our community. This was just a legitimate player who couldn't keep his temper in check (and deserves a slap to warn him to "play nice").
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:59 pm

LeGr8stMeme wrote: Because I genuinely remember them saying a number like 40k but don't really wanna be quoted on a number that from a while ago, but ultimately It was 100% GT being far more than HS.

40k is the number of reports in total. That is where you're getting the numbers from.

LeGr8stMeme wrote:TS does not outweigh the forum reports, I think because you and some other people can give reports to the judges to guilty is minor compared to everyone in the game giving reports through the forum and the judges handling them.

You want to have a bet? Go count up the number of valid forum GTing reports that have been closed for the this month up till today and I will do the same for my reports that are valid and let's see which medium is the best?

LeGr8stMeme wrote:also I've look at a few and most if not all are coven.

I stated before that I strictly do GTing reports for coven, so yeah all of them will be reports from coven. I don't see that changes the fact that reports get done.

LeGr8stMeme wrote: But again, go ask TurdPile when hes back, GT far surpasses HS in terms of reports.

Sure, I will.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:03 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Shyyster wrote:
Brilliand wrote: other people who obsessively shut down discussion in the town... but no, that's not right... "super toxic users" here means people who are willing to express opinions that are socially unacceptable.

The first report I pulled from appeals is someone violating HS/H rules telling players to die in real life.

https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=2409089

Yeah tell me how an opinion such as that is just socially unacceptable and isn't deserving of a punishment.

That is indeed a pretty horrible opinion. I know of some suicide cults, and... fortunately those who believed in them aren't around anymore. Wait, did I just say someone killing himself was a good thing? Ah, well.

In context, though, that guy wasn't trying to express support for suicide. He was trying to say the meanest thing he could think of, because he had just worked himself up into a rage. Personally I wouldn't report that guy (even if he said it to me), although I don't blame you (inclusive, I realize it wasn't you personally) for suspending him. I do, however, blame you for thinking that by suspending him, you're removing one of the worst elements of our community. This was just a legitimate player who couldn't keep his temper in check (and deserves a slap to warn him to "play nice").

A few things

1. The person isn't permaban. He is currently suspended for 72H and will be able to play again.

2. You can excuse or rationalize this guy's behavior however you want, but telling someone to kill themselves over a video game is one of the most horriblest things you can tell someone when you don't know their mental state of mind and does qualify as labeling someone one of the worst elements of a community. You can disagree with me, but majority of folks would most likely agree with me.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Sonicle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:07 pm

I don't really agree that harassment should be more of a focus than game-throwing. I got fed up myself once upon a time and started posting game-throwing reports before. Its nice having to know someone will eventually look at it.
Sonicle
Survivor
Survivor

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:12 pm

Shyyster wrote:You want to have a bet? Go count up the number of valid forum GTing reports that have been closed for the this month up till today and I will do the same for my reports that are valid and let's see which medium is the best?

I'd love to, not that I don't believe you but curious myself, but I truly don't have the time. I read some forum reports if you back to pre-new change most of the GT ones were valid/handled. Ultimately at the end of the day reports have go through 20 days to never is unreasonable with this system. Someone can throw games for 20 days straight until they get their justice.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:19 pm

LeGr8stMeme wrote: Ultimately at the end of the day reports have go through 20 days to never is unreasonable. Someone can throw games for 20 days straight until they get their justice.

You talking about before the rule change? F2P rules were better and actually punished for rulebreaking that majority of community wanted, like vet claiming jailor and alerting and not claiming on stand, which has changed with the move to P2P.

LeGr8stMeme wrote: Ultimately at the end of the day reports have go through 20 days to never is unreasonable. Someone can throw games for 20 days straight until they get their justice.

Yeah it's unreasonable, but nothing can be done about the state of Trial System accept more jurors joining and voting on reports they deem fit such as GTing or maybe with the upgrade of Trial System that is coming,.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Shyyster wrote:
You talking about before the rule change? F2P rules were better and actually punished for rulebreaking that majority of community wanted, like vet claiming jailor and alerting and not claiming on stand, which has changed with the move to P2P.
Yeah it's unreasonable, but nothing can be done about the state of Trial System accept more jurors joining and voting on reports they deem fit such as GTing or maybe with the upgrade of Trial System that is coming,.
Another thing that would help improve the state of Trial would be reworking the rules (and other things regarding the Trial System) so that reports feel less "useless" to the average player. More people are going to vote on reports if they feel like it's meaningful to do so, and with certain aspects of Trial System that sense of meaningfulness is greatly reduced.
Not that reports are useless, but when people say they are, I often see others believe them or at least start to doubt the effectiveness of reports. This is a problem because if the idea that reports are useless becomes prevalent enough, it will create a vicious cycle in which reports actually become useless because nobody will vote on them.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:54 am

Cheating reports do seem to be pretty much useless, since with the current state of the rules, those can only be guiltied in the very simplest of cases (basically just direct admissions).

Gamethrowing reports unfortunately have a reverse problem, in which many players will call not following the meta or simply playing poorly "gamethrowing". This also leads to the perception that reports are useless, but it's the the people making the reports that need to be corrected in this case.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:43 pm

I think everyone can agree that telling someone to die irl is going too far.

However, there are many instances where I believe speech not nearly as bad as gamethrowing. I have schizophrenia and attempted suicide three times.

Someone made a post on Reddit calling for a player to be banned because the player half joked about the Youtuber’s means of dying (saying something like “water doesn’t protect fall damage”).

I couldn’t care less about that, and I couldn’t care less if someone joked about my death in such a way. I get told to take my meds all the time in this game and I don’t report them because that’s silly.

Would those two instances be considered HS/H?
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Shyyster » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:09 pm

SantanaTheSmall wrote:
However, there are many instances where I believe speech not nearly as bad as gamethrowing.

Nobody is arguing that every instance of HS/H is bad as GTing, but in general HS/H ruins the game when you have players being racist, sexist, or telling others to kill themselves. Now if you disagree with that thats your opinion but nobody should be subjected to any of that kind of talk while playing a video game.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Forum reports might have been dealt with "faster", but its not very effective. It takes more time to deal with a forum report, and there is a much higher chance of things being taken out of context/being altered than an in game report. In game reports save a log of the game that can't be doctored, and will have most, if not all, information someone needs to properly judge a report.

Yes GT and cheating reports probably get handled less than they should, but I don't think people would be happy unless someone they report was dealt with in 10 seconds. I get emails fairly often about someone saying they reported X user in their last game and they are still playing. Also when forum reports were handled there was a much lower volume of them. This is because it is way more annoying to make a forum report. This can be good as people are less likely to waste time making a false forum report, but it also meant that some people just never thought the time needed to report was worth it. It is way easier to click a couple buttons in game and a report is made.

If Trial System was abolished and we went back to forum reports only, then I guarantee you that less players would be punished for breaking the rules.

Trial system is doing a lot of work, it is just less obvious than going to the forum reports page and seeing some reports being handled.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Brilliand » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:26 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Trial system is doing a lot of work, it is just less obvious than going to the forum reports page and seeing some reports being handled.

Searchability of the trial system report history would be a good thing imo.

Make it as easy to see what the trial system is doing as what the forum reports section was doing.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Shyyster » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 am

Brilliand wrote:
shapesifter13 wrote:Trial system is doing a lot of work, it is just less obvious than going to the forum reports page and seeing some reports being handled.

Searchability of the trial system report history would be a good thing imo.

Make it as easy to see what the trial system is doing as what the forum reports section was doing.

You can already do this in a way if you join the Trial discord server or ToS community discord server, and requesting other player's reports or checking to see if X player is suspended or not.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback