Stuck on Name Screen

This forum is used to report bugs that happen while playing the Tablet version of the game.

Stuck on Name Screen

Postby noveiia » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:32 pm

I was playing VIP mode and it froze on name screen yet I could still see chat except for colours such as dead chat being gray. I also couldn’t see any whispers, night results, and voting/lynch results. Here’s a screenshot: https://i.postimg.cc/VNHL50hY/4-C573-C8 ... -C75-D.png
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Stuck on Name Screen

Postby Jerme » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:33 am

Do you have any further information for me? Like device, OS, Mobile Client version, connection type (mobile data, Wifi) and the fruequency of this occurring?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby noveiia » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:06 pm

Jerme wrote:Do you have any further information for me? Like device, OS, Mobile Client version, connection type (mobile data, Wifi) and the fruequency of this occurring?

Device: iPhone
Mobile Client Version: 3.0.22.11388
Connection Type and Date 1: The first time it happened was last night, though possibly after midnight so either 30/6/2019 or 29/6/2019. I was using WiFi.
Connection Type and Date 2: It just happened again on 30/6/2019 while using mobile data (4g). I have full data since I just today paid my phone bill so my data reset.
Frequency: Twice in a 24 hour period
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Jerme » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:31 pm

Alright thanks for the info. It somehow seems that the game was not properly loaded, yet why this is the case, is for me atm unknown.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Beemanda » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:00 am

This has actually happened to me today just a few minutes ago. Here's some of the information that I have on this bug: I switched apps while waiting in the lobby so I could check a notification. I guess the lobby was filled sooner than expected, and by the time I got back, the game had already started without me (or unknowingly *with* me). Once I switched back to Town of Salem, I could only see the "Select Name" screen along with chats at the bottom left showing people already playing the game. My guess is that the background app (Town of Salem) wasn't being refreshed while I was using the other app.
Platform(iOS or Android): iOS
Platform Version: 12.3.1
Device: iPhone 7
App version: 3.0.23
Beemanda

Postby Beemanda » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:55 pm

Beemanda wrote:This has actually happened to me today just a few minutes ago. Here's some of the information that I have on this bug: I switched apps while waiting in the lobby so I could check a notification. I guess the lobby was filled sooner than expected, and by the time I got back, the game had already started without me (or unknowingly *with* me). Once I switched back to Town of Salem, I could only see the "Select Name" screen along with chats at the bottom left showing people already playing the game. My guess is that the background app (Town of Salem) wasn't being refreshed while I was using the other app.
Platform(iOS or Android): iOS
Platform Version: 12.3.1
Device: iPhone 7
App version: 3.0.23

UPDATE: I managed to reproduce this by doing the same thing as before. I switched apps while in the lobby waiting for people to join; the game started sooner than expected and I was stuck on the name screen. I don't know how to send screenshots (I'm replying on mobile), but I have one screenshot from the first time this happened and one screenshot from the second time it happened.
Beemanda

Postby Jerme » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:44 am

You could upload your screenshot to an image hostign site and link them here afterwards.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Tom79359 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:56 am

I have had this problem too. It is really weird and happens when I am not fully in the app while name picking is in progress.
Tom79359

Postby Jerme » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:08 pm

Then I suggest to not move the app into the background when playing with it. It can happen that an app behaves differently when backgrounding.
Thank you for your report, though.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Mobile Bug Reports