SFM 60: Paranoia Mafia (Ending)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

SFM 60: Paranoia Mafia (Ending)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:21 am

SFM 60: Paranoia Mafia

General Game Information:

1. Normal FM and Forum rules are in effect. Don't spam. Don't disrespect your fellow players. Do not post in the game thread if you are not a living player, no angleshooting, so on and so forth. See here and here if a reminder is needed.

2. WotM and WotC are both in effect. If you are someone who has a history of actively not caring about the kind of impact you leave behind about yourself to others and haven't taken any steps to reconcile this, expect someone to mention this and being ejected from signups. Due to the high quality of play this game is going to demand, additionally, there will be many steps to avoid including people who others will not want play with/lose WIM with.

3. Day (Trial) Phases are 72 hours long. Twilight (Investigation) Phases are 24 hours long. There are no Night Phases or Night Kills in this game.

4. Prod timers are 24 hours long. There IS a content requirement- votes made without any discernible given reason as a prod dodge AND/OR posts that amount only to fluff and no real stance on the game itself will still result in you being prodded at my discretion. Failure to act appropriately in the thread to a prod within 12 hours, or being prodded a third time will result in your replacement.
NOTE: Prod timers DO NOT reset during the Twilight Phase, they are merely paused until the next Day Phase begins and resume counting down as normal afterwards.

5. This is strictly not a bastard game. The role list is closed to all players, but all elements of the game are open and known to all players, including each player's flavor name (but not alignment). Your role card will never lie to you, and neither will I. This being said, due to the secretive nature of this game, expect me to decline a lot of questions that imply anything about the alignment of any player OR about the size of the Mafia in this game OR about any limitations put forth on the Town in this game.

6. #800000 is my Mod color. Please do not use it.

Specific Game Infomation:

1. The game begins with both the Town and the Mafia knowing nothing about their own teammates in this game. However, any Mafia member learns of four Town members who do not share their alignment.

2. Strictly, only Majority lynch is activated. If, once time runs out, there is no majority for any vote, the Day Phase ends in a No Lynch. Once Majority has been reached for either No Lynch or any Player, the Day Phase immediately ends and that lynch option is executed.
Additionally, there are one of two votes that Players may make in the game.
To participate in the Lynch, players must either /vote [X], or /vote unvote to change their minds.
To end the game, players must bold AND colour their vote to /End my Paranoia, or /Continue my Paranoia to change their minds.
Players may not participate in both votes. Participating in either vote will negate any previous vote in the other.
Ending the game requires at least two-thirds majority of /End my Paranoia in order to activate this option. Once activated, the game thread will lock and be queued to end immediately. If the Town was wrong, the game thread will reopen only once with a warning.

3. This game has only four endgame triggers. They are:
a) The final allowed Day Phase has ended.
b) The final allowed Town Member has died.
c) The Town has voted to end the game a second time but scum are still living.
d) The Town has voted to end the game once all of the scum are dead, either a first or second time.
This game WILL NOT end until one of these four triggers are met, even if all scum members are dead.

4. The alignments of players do flip on death. Also, once the game begins, there will be at least one living Traitor in the game.

5. All other information can be found on the first post of this thread here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Role Cards and Alignment Add-Ons:

Spoiler:
"...Mr. Wright. You truly are the most unpredictable defense attorney I have ever known." ~The Judge

You are Phoenix Wright, the Ace Attorney.

You are a driven man who has devoted his life to protecting the innocent from those who would harm them, inspired by those who have done the same for you both as a child and later as a young adult. Far more passionate than just any defense attorney, the mere mention of your name strikes fear into the hearts of many a prosecutor, as they know that their performances in court are threatened the instant you appear in a courtroom opposite to them. Your reputation of defending innocent clients has made you quite the famous person in the legal world, after foiling dozens of clever would-be frame jobs of people who did nothing wrong at all, and even foreign countries have taken notice of your cases.

You desire nothing more than to see every innocent person freed from any false accusations that may come their way.

You are the Moderator.

You have been tasked with overseeing this conflict in a fair and unbiased manner, ensuring that the game reaches its conclusion in a just way and where everyone can be ensured to have the most amount of fun possible.

You are in charge of all vote counts that take place, making sure the game thread is handled in a timely manner, and for all reveals of the game. Your partner, Godot, will assist you when needed, but as these are primarily your responsibilities, you must rely on him as infrequently as you can.

You have no win conditions, as you are not a player of this game in any way.

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee." ~Godot

You are Godot, the Ace Rival.

Once known as a different man, you rose to prominence in the courtroom by being a clever, yet calm defense lawyer, with a brilliant understanding of both the law and the people of the courtroom. Every prosecutor had met their match facing you, and not a single lying witness could escape your scrutiny. After an attempt on your life, however, you had lost everything, including the love of your life, and now those who could had anything to do with that must now suffer your wrath and anguish for allowing this to happen. Now a reborn man, you have taken to the ways of a prosecutor in order to pursue this goal with every fiber of your being, and your daily 27 cups of black coffee will help you every step of the way.

You desire nothing more than to punish the person who killed the woman you loved.

You are the Overseer.

You have been tasked with ensuring that no issues arise in the handling of this game.

Your partner, Phoenix Wright, has taken full responsibility of the tasks in order to run this game smoothly, but as Overseer, your word is final and all decisions are ultimately made by you. You will allow Mr. Wright as much freedom to do this how he wishes, but you will not tolerate any action that risks the integrity of the game, and he will respect your judgments in this matter.

You have no win conditions, as you are not a player of this game in any way.

You are a Cynic. You are a member of the Town.

You once believed that you and your fellow friends could live in this place in complete harmony, but after recent developments, you have realized this is no longer possible. You are utterly convinced there are traitors who dwell here, and there isn't anything anyone can say to you that can change your mind. Anyone who would wish to see you and your friends meet their doom must be brought to justice. You must hurry, as the longer it takes to do this, and the more you see your friends die, you will be less able to fight the paranoia as it feeds on your mind like the parasite it is.

Each Trial Phase, you may place a vote on a player in order to lynch that player. Alternatively, you may instead vote to end the game once you believe that all Traitors in the game have been killed.

If you are ever lynched, during the following Investigation Phase, you may exhaust the raw fury of your paranoia to haunt one of the players who ended the previous Trial Phase with their vote on you. Haunting any player will result in their paranoia becoming so unbearable that they go completely insane, and they will take their own life as a result. Performing this action is optional. You are not in any way compelled to do this.

You will win with the Town only by convincing the rest of the Cynics to end their paranoia along with you once all of the Traitors are dead.
You will lose if too many Cynics are killed before this happens.
You will lose if at least one Traitor survives a successful attempt to end the game, twice.
You will lose if you do not satisfy all of these objectives before an unknown number of Trial Phases have passed.

You are a Traitor. You are a member of the Mafia.

You once could call each of these people your friend, but they had stood idly by for far too long when you pleaded for their help in your darkest hour of need. Ever since the resolution of THAT case, you want nothing more than to enact your revenge on every bystander who let that unfair verdict pass and cause your agonizing suffering. Unfortunately, it appears that the masses are becoming aware of your resentful nature, and you need to avoid their attention for as long as it takes so that they turn their wrath upon each other instead of you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how dire things get for you, you must endure, or everything you have suffered will have been for nothing. You must not let your resolve break now!

You think there are others who relate to your pain as a result of that verdict, but you aren't sure how many there are or even how to find them.

Each Trial Phase, you may place a vote on a player in order to lynch that player. Alternatively, you may instead vote to end the game in order to fool the rest of the Cynics that all Traitors in the game have been killed.

If you are ever killed, then by way of the Holy Mother, prepare to be cast into the eternal pits of suffering in the Twilight Realm. There, you will begin your agony in the Hell of Hangnails, where you will have hangnails grown and torn out for 800 million years. Then you will be sent into the Hell of Tickling, where you will be tickled without end for another 500 million years. If you repent now, consider yourself lucky if you are reincarnated as a mere dung beetle, where you will be feasted on as prey and sent back to the Twilight Realm all over again.

You will win with the Mafia only if a Traitor has survived to see the Town lose the game.
You will lose if all of the Traitors are killed before this happens.
Last edited by Rickdaily12 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 14 times in total.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Re: SFM 60: Paranoia Mafia (Investigation Phase 6)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 am

Living Players:

Spoiler: Rickdaily12 (Phoenix Wright)
Varanus (Godot)

---------------------------

1. *Helicooler UzayAltay (Maya Fey)
2. Eragon1329 (Pearl Fey)
3. FMLSheWas12 (Mia Fey)
4. Watt2015 *moonbird (Trucy Wright)
5. *OllyRenard Flake (Dick Gumshoe)
6. *Cenvil2 (Kay Faraday)
U. MrChuckleteeth LOLingHyena (Larry Butz)

* - denotes prod

Graveyard:

Spoiler: Phone0lx (Princess "Her Benevolence" Rayfa) - Cynic
dota2reporter (Athena Cykes) - Cynic
Chemist1422 (Apollo Justice) - Cynic
**Jamezbeast Seththeking (Klavier Gavin) - Traitor
*tfiosforevah (Miles Edgeworth) - Cynic
heytheregirl17 (Franziska von Karma) - Cynic
GrumpyGoomba *TheWabbit (Ema Skye) - Cynic
Multiuniverse (Wendy Oldbag) - Traitor
**EvilDeanius0 (Simon Blackquill) - Cynic

ISOs:

Spoiler: Rickdaily12 (Host)
Varanus (Overseer)

GrumpyGoomba TheWabbit
dota2reporter
Chemist1422
heytheregirl17
Multiuniverse
MrChuckleteeth LOLingHyena
Phone0Ix
Cenvil2
Helicooler UzayAltay
Eragon1329
Jamezbeast Seththeking
FMLSheWas12
EvilDeanius0
Watt2015 moonbird
OllyRenard Flake
tfiosforevah

Timeline of Events:

Spoiler: Phone0Ix is Lynched.
dota2reporter is killed.
Last edited by Rickdaily12 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 30 times in total.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Re: SFM 60: Paranoia Mafia (Setup)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Ok, so I have the game randed. WotC phase is over, so all that's left to do now is start the game. I'm doing everything over a phone while at work though, so it'll just be a few hours.

What will happen next is I'll probably send role cards out in a couple hours over my lunch and a confirmation phase will begin. When I get home, I'll work on game start flavor, and once that's over, Day 1 will begin.

If all goes well this should take less than 10 hours of this post.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:46 pm

By the way, flavor names have been randed too, if you wanted to check your name with your AA character. ;)

Changing your avatar and talking like your character isn't required but would be absolutely epic.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Ok, so everyone has their role cards and almost everyone has checked them, so it looks like you're all ready.

I personally won't have access to a computer until about 5 hours from now, so expect Day 1 to begin at some point between 2-3 AM CST, or roughly 6 hours from now.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 am

June 15th, 9:59 AM
District Court
Courtroom No. 3

Day 1
Court is now in session.
All Rise

BANG!
Judge:
Court is now in session, for the trial of Rick Daily. Are both sides prepared?

Phoenix: The defense is ready, Your Honor.

Godot: ...

Judge: ...Erm, Mr. Godot? Is the prosecution ready as well?

Godot: *coffee cup wooshes* *furiously begins drinking cup dry* *repeat*

Phoenix: *sweats* (Wow. I guess two entire cups of coffee are the new opening statements now?)

Godot: There is no better way to compare such a repulsive act committed by any person than with the sheer unforgiving punishment of pure black scolding coffee. Two cups of it, just for good measure. ...What do you think, Trite?

Phoenix: !

Godot: *drinks coffee cup and shakes head* ...Good. Glad we agree. So, we can move right to the verdict then.

Phoenix: Wh-WHAT?! Hey, wait just a-!

Judge: *eyes widen* Now, hold on just a moment, Mr. Godot! It is good to see you as fiery as ever after all these years without you around, but there is still a procedure to consider! I simply cannot just hand down any verdict without some sense of an opening to the facts of the case!

Phoenix: Exactly!
(Man, he really isn't holding anything back this time around, even after that last case with Mia...!)

Godot: *coffee cup wooshes, shaking head* Have it your way. I still don't see myself making it to 15 cups today.

[...]

Godot: Two nights ago, on the morning of June 13th, the victim, a user by the name of Varanus, had sat here in a local Starbucks coffee shop in this diagram. There, he had gotten the most peculiar message from his partner, Rick Daily. In it contained only a message of a sighing woman with an attached URL link.

Phoenix: *scratches chin* ...Wait, are you being serious right now? Is that what this is about? I thought that this was a murder trial.

Godot: *throws coffee mug*

Godot: When the victim opened said message and clicked the URL link, he immediately contracted a life-threatening virus! According to the lab report, the message was the source of contamination, within moments of opening the message, his lungs began profusely hemorrhaging and filling with blood. He never stood a chance.

(Victim's Autopsy Report added to the Court Record.)
(Message from Rick Daily added to the Court Record.)

Judge: *eyes widen* Oh my! Yes, I remember hearing about this sort of thing from my grandchildren! They try to warn me all the time not to pay attention to people trying to get me to open all kinds of emails on my Pear tablet, but who even knew that such horrifying diseases could be sent to you in one of them! How dreadful!

Phoenix:

Phoenix: *finger point* Wait, please! Your Honor, this is absolutely ridiculous!

Judge: Why, whatever do you mean, Mr. Wright?

Phoenix: *bangs desk* What I mean, is that it is completely ludicrous to suggest that my client had anything to do with that! It is literally common public knowledge that things like live active diseases cannot possibly be physically spread by things like an email from a computer! The fact that the prosecution would even imply that this has happened is utterly insane and has never been heard of! Mr. Godot, explain yourself!

Godot:

Godot: *coffee cup wooshes; takes a drink and shakes his head, pointing back with cup in hand* ...And where, Trite, is your evidence that this was not what happened? Are you really so utterly lacking in your brain cells that you aren't aware of the challenges that kids keep sending each other that result in everyone getting sick from them? Just think about Tide Pods, how could you even think about coming here so unprepared!

Phoenix: *bangs desk* Be that as it may, the defense asserts that what you are claiming is completely impossible!

Godot: Trite, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this. Evidence. It is everything here. I have the forensics. You have your temper tantrum. And what's more... is I also have a witness who saw everything.

Phoenix: *eyes widen* wh-WHAAAAAAAAAT?! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Rickdaily12

Re: SFM 60: Paranoia Mafia (Trial Phase 1)

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 am

TRIAL PHASE 1 BEGINS

The thread is now open for discussion, and the Cynics can discuss who they think the Traitors are.
They may also discuss the case at hand.
If a Majority vote is reached, by No Lynch or on a Player, the day will end. Otherwise, it will end in 3 days.
If at least two-thirds majority is reached to end the game, the game thread will be locked and queued to end.

72 Hours Remain.
Trial Phase 1 will end on June 18th, 2:45 CST (UTC -6), or once the Majority vote is reached.

Rickdaily12

Postby Jamezbeast » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:33 am

Morning.

Just wanna say: if you are town, and you are lynched, it is 100% anti town to not take a shot.

The shot/lack of a shot gives us a flip 100% of the time.
Jamezbeast
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:52 am

I wish I remembered how my character acts
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Descender » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:15 am

Jamezbeast wrote:Morning.

Just wanna say: if you are town, and you are lynched, it is 100% anti town to not take a shot.

The shot/lack of a shot gives us a flip 100% of the time.

what if you are like 100% guaranteed to kill town
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:17 am

Sup bishes m here. I know who sent that e-mail. We have the culprit ez.

/vote rickdaily
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Descender » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:18 am

kill me but not in game I just don't want to deal with goomba voting hosts anymore
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:19 am

Helicooler wrote:kill me but not in game I just don't want to deal with goomba voting hosts anymore

Bruh fuck you I wanna get a host lynched.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Descender » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:23 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:
Helicooler wrote:kill me but not in game I just don't want to deal with goomba voting hosts anymore

Bruh fuck you I wanna get a host lynched.

like do that in a game with host intervention then
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:48 am

For the record, self votes and votes not made against a player in this game will not be counted.

And no, the hosts are not players in this game.

Rickdaily12

Postby Descender » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:58 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:For the record, self votes and votes not made against a player in this game will not be counted.

haha
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:00 am

Rickdaily12 wrote:For the record, self votes and votes not made against a player in this game will not be counted.

>:(
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Multiuniverse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:13 am

I, Wendy Oldbag, saw everything with my own two eyes.
You see, I was hired as a security guard for the starbucks on that fateful day and that customer Varanus was such a strapping young fella it's a shame he died right there when he was looking at his device.

((Smh disappointed people aren't acting like their characters

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:20 am

(Dunno how my char acts Dx... been a long while since I last played AA)
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Multiuniverse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:29 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:(Dunno how my char acts Dx... been a long while since I last played AA)

((I never played aa yet here I am

Multiuniverse

Postby Cenvil2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:39 am

Multiuniverse wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:(Dunno how my char acts Dx... been a long while since I last played AA)

((you basically have the easiest job to act as your character))
Cenvil2

Postby Multiuniverse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:04 am

Cenvil2 wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:

((I would've acted regardless of what character I got

Multiuniverse

Postby Descender » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:05 am

Multiuniverse wrote:
Cenvil2 wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:

(wat)
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Multiuniverse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 am

Helicooler wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:
Cenvil2 wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:

(wat)

((Please read

Multiuniverse

Postby Descender » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:11 am

Multiuniverse wrote:
Helicooler wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:
Cenvil2 wrote:
Multiuniverse wrote:

(wat)

((Please read

(I can't read, I'm wait too distracted with you going (( instead of ())
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Next

Return to Game Threads