Ban for being too smart

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Ban for being too smart

Postby Sk1lips » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Hello townies !
Hope everything is alright for you all.
I came today because something happen and I have too tell you what is happening .
In a ranked game, I am the jailor, first night I jail someone who clame med but , ok i can’t kill it anyway. Second night, I jailed someone who was too quiet, and to play, I tell to the guy that I will kill him cause I see that he is maf cause I got a cheat ( but I don’t have, it’s a strategy to see their reaction ). Instantanetly, the guy was insulting me and showing clearly he was maf so I exe him.
Then n3 I jailed a susp guy too, with the same technique, mafioso again, and on his last will he say who was last mad, and it was the guy I jailed first night. So they were all barking à that I was using a cheat. They report me and what happen today ? Banned for cheating for 1D.
I really don’t understand why there is no control of those reports. I use an original strategy based on psychological reactions and I am banned cause some kids are mad.
Bad move from ToWn of Salem.
From a player who play for years.
Sk1lips

Re: Ban for being too smart

Postby TAJ19 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi, First post ever.

In game tip text - "Tip: Claiming to cheat is not a valid tactic and we will take your word for it. This includes pretending to be a bot."

I've had the game since three days ago and I've seen that message at least 10+ times when joining games. So... I don't know. You probably should have seen it by now.

~TAJ19
TAJ19

Postby ChemicalKing » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:17 pm

Most, if not all, cheating bans are rendered because the player admits to it in game. This is so because there is often no way to tell if someone was truly cheating or if they were just really good. You said "I got a cheat", therefore, there is no other alternative but to assume you guilty of cheating.
ChemicalKing
Executioner
Executioner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:59 pm

I believe that the norm here is admitting to break a rule is treated as if you have broken the rule, notwithstanding whether you have actually done so or not. The solution to this is just to... not use strategies like that I guess.
Also you should probably post this in the appeals section.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Mathelete » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Hopefully you'll get unbanned, as you didn't mean ill intent that time. However, going forward, do NOT do anything like this. You are allowed to lie about in-game stuff, but lying about stuff outside the game is a no-no. Furthermore, pretending to cheat counts as admission of guilt, which is grounds for banning.
Mathelete
Janitor
Janitor

Postby ChemicalKing » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:09 pm

You probably will not be unbanned unfortunately.
ChemicalKing
Executioner
Executioner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:43 am

Nu necro >:(
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ChemicalKing » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:44 pm

Less than a month isn't a necro.

Even if it was, it hardly matters. Necroing does not hurt anyone.
ChemicalKing
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Strategic Discussion