SFM59 - Brexit - Mafia Win

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

SFM59 - Brexit - Mafia Win

Postby ryanyb » Fri May 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Brexit FM

General Setup Mechanics:
  • This is a fully open setup and contains no bastard or hidden mechanics.
  • This game gives little to no feedback. Unless a role explicitly states that it gives feedback, it does not. This means there is no killing confirmation, no confirmation on protection, no role-block notification, etc.
  • There are no kill credits.
  • Alignment will flip on death.
  • The mafia and serial killer may both use their factional kill in addition to their role ability in the same night. The mafia get 1 factional KPN. The serial killer gets one factional KPN.

Factional Mechanics
  • This game is 8v3v1. 8 town, 3 mafia, 1 serial killer.
  • The following changes have been made to the town, mafia, and neutral faction:
  • At the beginning of the game after alignments have been rolled, one town member will randomly have the modifier "Scared Vengeful Samurai" applied to their role card. This change will be made known only to said town member and will not be reflected in the OP along with the list of players and associated roles.
    • For those of you who do not know what any of those things mean: 'scared' is a modifier which can apply to a role which means if the role is claimed, softed, hinted at, or in any way shape or form mechanically confirmed due to the town attempting to discover the scared role, the role loses all attributes and is vanillaized.
    • Vengeful is a modifier which means the associated role activates on death.
    • Samurai is a role that acts like a vigilante however they shoot until they kill a town member.
    • So putting all of this together, one town member will be made a scared vengeful samurai, which means that on death they get to go on a killing spree until they hit town. However, if at any point in time (and I will be incredibly strict in this regard) the SVS claims samurai, softs samurai, or the town makes some sort of plan to discover the samurai, the SVS will lose their samurai ability. If you get anywhere close to softing it and I think that even just a single player might interpret what you said as a soft, you will lose the samurai ability, even if that was not your intention. The SVS will not lose their main role, only the SVS. And to clarify, they may talk about their assigned role in full, just not the samurai ability.
  • The mafia has a passive factional vengeful bullet. The first mafia that dies will, on death, be able to shoot another player instantly.
  • The Serial Killer has an additional action they may take every night including night 0. The Serial Killer will be the only player who can act in night zero and the only action the serial killer may take in night zero is the following action: each night you may select a target; the first time you are hit by a vengeful bullet, you redirect the bullet to your target. Every night except night zero, the serial killer may do alongside their kill action.

Role List:
  • Odd-Night Jailkeeper - Ph0ne
  • Even-Night Jailkeeper - RickDaily12 -> ChubbyMooshroom9
  • 1-shot Passive Bulletproof - FMLSheWas12
  • 2-shot Tracker - Chemist
  • 2-shot Redirector - Heytheregirl17
  • 1-shot Gunsmith - ZoruaLuhansk
  • 2-shot Self-Commuter Eragon
  • 1-shot Reflector - Dash2
  • Copycat (Reverse-Klepto) - 0verkill
  • Universal Backup - Wabbit
  • 2-shot Poisoner - Ultiix
  • JOAT - Kmenx

Role Mechanics:
Spoiler:
  1. Odd-Night Jailkeeper
    • Every odd-numbered night (night 1, night 3, night 5) you may select a target. Your target is both immune to all attacks (including poisons) and is roleblocked. You may not target yourself, obviously.
  2. Even-Night Jailkeeper
    • Odd-Night Jailkeeper but on even nights instead (night 2, night 4, night 6)
  3. 1-shot Passive Bulletproof
      The first time you are targeted with an attack (be it a poison or a bullet) you will not die.
  4. 2-shot Tracker
    • Twice at night you may target a player. You will receive a list of all players your target visited this night.
  5. 2-shot Redirector
      Twice, you may target a player at night and redirect their night actions to a target of your choice. (This is effectively witch in terms of how the redirection works.) You may not redirect players to themself.
  6. 1-shot Gunsmith
      Once per game at night you may choose a player to give a gun. This player may, at any point in time during the following day phase, use their gun to shoot a player of their choice. Your target will be informed they have been given a gun. If your target does not use the gun during the following day phase, the gun breaks and is unable to be used for the remainder of the game.
  7. 2-shot Self-Commuter
    • Twice per game at night you may commute. When you commute, all actions that target you will fail.
  8. 1-shot Reflector
    • Once per game at night you may reflect all actions targeting you back to their user.
  9. Copycat (Reverse-Klepto)
    • Every night, you may select a living player. You will gain one charge of that player's role which you may use only the next night. You may not both pick an ability from a player and use a taken ability. (So the flow of this role goes as follows generally: n1, pick target, n2 use ability, n3 pick target, n4 use ability, etc.) You may not select the Role-Swapper.
      If you select the JOAT, you will receive one of their abilities decided randomly. If you target an odd or even night Jailkeeper, you may use the jailkeep ability regardless of the night in which you use it. If you target the bulletproof, you will receive one vest that you must spend your following night to don. The vest will last for the the following two phases (night and following day). (In other words, you cannot take the vest and then pull another ability the next night, you still have to use your following night to use the vest). You do not get factional abilities, only role abilities. You are informed each night of the ability you gained.
  10. Universal Backup
      You may at night target a dead player. You will lose this ability and will gain all non-factional abilities of your target. If the role has charges, you will inherit as many charges remained when the role was killed. You will not be told how many charges you have inherited but you will be told which role have you have inherited.
  11. 2-shot Poisoner
    • Twice per game at night, you may choose a player and poison them. At the start of the next day phase, it will be announced by the moderator that your target has been poisoned and will die immediately after day ends. Your target then dies after day ends. Additionally, without consuming a charge of your poison, you may fake poison a player. If you target a player with fake poison, it will be announced by the moderator that your target has been poisoned and will die immediately after day ends, however your target will not die after day ends. Your poison is blocked by vests and jailkeeps and will pop any vests, and thus there will not be an announcement at day start that your target has been poisoned.
      Your fake poison will NOT pop vests, and will similarly not have an associated announcement if targeted on a player who has a defense active.
  12. Jack Of All Trades
      You have the following 5 abilities, each is 1 shot which you may only use at night with the exception of the poison heal. You may use only one ability per phase:
      • fake poison
      • real poison
      • self-bullet proof vest which lasts for two phases (so current night and following day)
      • role-block
      • poison heal.

To use the poison heal, you may PM the moderator during the day the name of a player you believe to be poisoned. If they are poisoned, the poison will be converted into fake poison. The player will not be informed they have been healed, and nothing will be stated in thread (although they won't die at end of day). If they are not poisoned or are fake poisoned, nothing will happen. Note that poison heal will heal all poisons on a player, so if a player is poisoned by 2 different sources, your heal will convert both into fake poison.

Win Conditions:
Town: Spoiler: You must kill all mafia and the serial killer. There must be at least one remaining town alive when this condition is met for town to win.
Mafia: Spoiler: You must kill the serial killer and reach a game state such that nothing can stop you from eliminating all of the remaining town.
In some cases this means parity but in other cases you might need more than parity for the game to end. There must be at least one alive mafia member when this condition is met.

Serial Killer: Spoiler: You must kill all other players. You lose in death. Note: If all players are dead at the conclusion of processing of any given action, the game ends in a draw rather than a loss for all factions.

Graveyard:
xUltiix - Lynched day one - Town
TheWabbit - Killed night one - Town
Eragon - Lynched day two - Town
Kmenx - Killed night two - Town
Chemist - Killed night two - Town
0verk1ll - Killed day three - Town
Dash2 - Lynched day three - Town

Timeline:
End Of Day One/Start of Day Two
End of Day Two/Start of Day Three

ISO's:
ryanyb
Dash2
Wabbit
FMLshewas12
0verki11
Kmenx
Rickdaily12 -> Chubby
Ultiix
Zorua
Eragon
Chemist
Ph0ne
Heytheregirl17
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: SFM59 - Brexit - Setup

Postby ryanyb » Fri May 31, 2019 12:20 pm

Night Action Resolution:
  1. Commuter
  2. Reflector
  3. Jailkeepers
  4. JOAT Roleblock
  5. JOAT Vest
  6. Everything else

On ability charges:
- Many roles in this game are x-shot and have a certain number of charges. I as the moderator will not remind you or tell you how many charges you have remaining. If you are jailkept or roleblocked and use an ability with a charge, that charge will still be consumed. Similarly, if you target a commuter or a jailkept target with an ability that is subsequently blocked, you still consume a charge.
- If you attempt to use an ability without any charges remaining, you will not receive any feedback from me indicating that you cannot do that. I will accept the action just as if you had remaining charges however obviously there will be no effect.

On ability resolution:
- If the first mafia dies during the day (i.e, shot by a gunsmith's gun), the day will pause and the mafia will declare their shot via PM.
- If the first mafia dies at night (i.e, serial killer), day will be paused immediately after the day start post and the mafia will declare their shot via PM. In other words, the mafia gets to see who died at night before they declare their shot.
- If the first mafia dies via lynch, they will shoot before night begins.
- If the first mafia dies via lynch and there is a poisoned target, the poisoned target will die after the mafia takes their shot.
- The SVS follows all of the above rules (but replace 'mafia' with SVS, obviously). The day will remain paused/night start will be postponed until the SVS hits town.
- If the SVS is killed and they kill the first mafia member, the SVS pauses their shots, the mafia shoots, and then the SVS resumes shooting.
- The SVS hitting a vest (i.e, BP, JOAT vest, etc) does not count as hitting town.

This should all be very straightforward and intuitive, but I wanted to write it all out so that y'all have a reference instead of needing to ask me.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Fri May 31, 2019 12:31 pm

A few words before I rand everything and the game begins regarding questions/concepts that have come up in questions in PM's:
  • I know many of you haven't played with an SVS before so here's some advice. As town, don't talk about it. Period. If you need to reference the existence of a SVS for KP analysis (like for example: "well we probably still have an SVS which means we still get at least one shot before we're totally fucked") is fine. The restrictions on this should be intuitive: if the town confirm the SVS as a single target, the SVS loses their ability. If the SVS claims/softs/etc the SVS loses their ability. If mafia try to do something sneaky to confirm the SVS, I won't count that against the SVS and they won't be vanillized. The role modifier is "scared" and it's flavorful for a reason. You're scared, you don't want people to know you're the SVS, you should be playing like you're not the SVS and under no circumstances should you be doing otherwise.

• I Strongly recommend going back through the explanation of all of the roles if you haven't played with these roles before. Reminder that the poisoner can fake poison without it consuming a charge, the JOAT is the only one with the poison heal (and it's a day action that doesn't change the poison message), JK protection/Vests block poison (which generally isn't the case but is for this game) etc.

• I'll add to this list if/when other good questions come up.

Once again this setup isn't trying to "get you". It's supposed to be intuitive and clearcut. But it's worth making sure you're not making incorrect assumptions about mechanics here since it's a 12p smalltown.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Fri May 31, 2019 12:34 pm

The game is randing now.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Fri May 31, 2019 12:55 pm

Night 0 Has Begun

Oh also we're going to do 72/24 but n0 isn't going to take that long. I'll ping the discord when it's over.

Just kidding N0 might take a bit...
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: SFM59 - Brexit - Night 0

Postby ryanyb » Fri May 31, 2019 7:10 pm

It's mid afternoon and all of y'all are chilling at the EU headquarters over in Brussels. You're discussing some trade tariffs when suddenly Theresa May comes bursting into the room. "WE'RE LEAVING THE EU", she declares.

"Huh?" Pipes up Angela Merkel, but before anyone else has time to react May storms out of the room as quickly as she had arrived.

Welp. This apparently this is happening. Y'all should probably not let this go through, unless the UK starts acting like pricks but I'm sure that would never happen in diplomatic negotiations with foreign powers.

Day One Begins and will end in 72 hours

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/election?p0=5003&iso=20190603T2010&year=2019&month=6&day=3&hour=20&min=10&sec=0&msg=Day%20One%20Ends&csz=1
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: SFM59 - Brexit - Day One

Postby Chemist1422 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:16 pm

Keeheehee!
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby 0verki11 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:19 pm

sup nerds
/vote FML
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Postby 0verki11 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:21 pm

Dash2 wrote:/vote Kmenx you stole the best role

Nah the JOAT isnt that good
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Postby 0verki11 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:22 pm

/vote Dash2

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Postby 0verki11 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:23 pm

48/24 is like way better than 72/24 and im disapointed in all of you that chose it.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Postby Eragon1329 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:24 pm

Rest in peace my top 3 choices

/vote Chemist

its time to
DUEL!
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Eragon1329 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:25 pm

Dash2 wrote:Oh yeah I almost forgot, let's get one thing straight. Anyone who even considers discussing anything about the SVS is getting lynched. No excuses

is this not discussion about SVS

uwu
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby Eragon1329 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:25 pm

0verki11 wrote:

JOAT is literally the strongest role

its the only role with a posion heal
and it has its own poison

and others
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby xUltiix » Fri May 31, 2019 7:28 pm

Dash2 wrote:Oh yeah I almost forgot, let's get one thing straight. Anyone who even considers discussing anything about the SVS is getting lynched. No excuses

Yeah, it should never be mentioned again after people agree on this. There's no reason at all to mention it and risk getting fucked from town perspective.
Mafia are the only ones with reason to talk about it (baiting town members)
To all town: It's better to kinda post restrict yourself to avoid mentioning it as much as possible which is a mild pain in the ass vs posting something you thought wouldnt count and accidentally hurting us really badly
xUltiix
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:28 pm

'ello mate fancy a cuppa
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby Eragon1329 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:29 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:'ello mate fancy a cuppa

yes i want a cuppa dollars
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby xUltiix » Fri May 31, 2019 7:29 pm

Dash2 wrote:
0verki11 wrote:

Eragon1329 wrote:

is this not discussion about SVS

uwu

I didn't expect this to be that loud
My ears
xUltiix
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:30 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:

what kind of tea is that
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

Postby Eragon1329 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:30 pm

Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby Eragon1329 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:31 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
Eragon1329 wrote:

what kind of tea is that

money tea
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Fri May 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Join us for a spot of tea, love?

(I will be copypasting all this stuff from Teen Titans Go "Hot Salad Water")
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Postby Eragon1329 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:37 pm

ZoruaLuhansk wrote:Join us for a spot of tea, love?

we dont want no British queen getting angry over here
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329

Postby Chemist1422 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:38 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:Rest in peace my top 3 choices

/vote Chemist

its time to
DUEL!

I concede

/vote Chemist

this is town
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ZoruaLuhansk » Fri May 31, 2019 7:40 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:

we dont want no British queen getting angry over here

Nothing upsets the English more than wasting good tea!
consider this account deleted
don't try to contact me unless I have you as a discord friend
ZoruaLuhansk
Spy
Spy

Next

Return to Game Threads