About Roles?

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

About Roles?

Postby disturbedsoul » Wed May 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Sorry if this has been asked I easily could have overlooked it but I’ve noticed more than a few times people able to show what role they are to prove themselves when people want to lynch them. I’m wondering if that’s an option on mobile or just PC because I’ve died the last couple games just because a copy and pasted will wasn’t enough. Just let me know I’m sorry again if this was asked before.
disturbedsoul

Re: About Roles?

Postby Jerme » Wed May 15, 2019 10:56 pm

The only way one can legally show their role is by being the Mayor and revealing themselves as one by hitting the sunbutton.
There only other way one could show their role is by postign a screenshot of it, yet this is 100% against the rules and considered cheating, so I recommend to not do that.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starlynoob » Sun May 19, 2019 2:45 am

You should report anyone you see doing that, since that's metagaming.
starlynoob

Postby Aureolin1 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:16 am

starlynoob wrote:You should report anyone you see doing that, since that's metagaming.

No you should not. That, or any other type of metagaming for that matter, is not a punishable offense.
Aureolin1
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby shelboo » Sun May 19, 2019 8:40 am

Maybe more clarification is needed.

Asking someone to read off of their role card is not against the rules.
The community tends to call this "metagaming", which is frowned upon but not against the rules. Anyone can memorize the role cards, or pull them up while playing.

Quoting your role card is not against the rules.
Same as the point above. Anyone can pull up a role card and lie about who they are.

Posting a screenshot to prove something IS against the rules.
As stated directly in the rules which can be found in-game and at https://www.blankmediagames.com/Rules/ :
No Cheating – Gaining an unfair advantage over players through means other than normal gameplay. This includes but isn’t limited to using multiple accounts in the same game, sharing information outside the game, using a foreign language to communicate in a way that can’t be understood by the players in the current locale, and posting screenshots to prove something happened in game.

If posting screenshots were allowed, then everyone would just do that Day 1 and the game would be over pretty quickly.
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Return to Ask Questions