18B | Sof - Town wins!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 18B | Day 1

Postby TheWabbit » Sat May 18, 2019 1:23 am

someone give me the ability to vote 3 different people at the same time

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia

Postby Watt2015 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:24 am

A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, I am the doc.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the doc. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the doc cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 12 players you need to try to read, rather than 13: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the doc, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:
leeten wrote:Are you even an IC holy fuck you pandering pile of shit

You should probably click this.
Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Kmenx » Sat May 18, 2019 1:32 am

Watt2015 wrote: Spoiler: A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the doc. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the doc cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not $#@! up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 12 players you need to try to read, rather than 13: I have already provided a "free" check of me in a game with a mere 13 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the doc, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt

Is this a meme
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Watt2015 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:32 am

/vote Jammingduck

BeGONE THOT
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:

Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Kmenx » Sat May 18, 2019 1:34 am

/shoot Kmenx

I hope some day blacksmith gave me a gun

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby woahah » Sat May 18, 2019 1:35 am

should i hard claim now or
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby woahah » Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 am

jammingduck wrote:
woahah wrote:should i hard claim now or

Why should you?

why not innit

im vet tp/lo on me
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Watt2015 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:40 am

woahah wrote:
jammingduck wrote:
woahah wrote:should i hard claim now or

Why should you?

why not innit

im vet tp/lo on me

Classy. Welcome to the Town core
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:

Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 am

Watt2015 wrote:A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

Benefits:

Conclusion:

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.

K
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby watchme1 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:10 am

TheWabbit wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:Agree with watchme. D1 claims are absolutely unnecessary. It is even unlikely to be a vet bait since he asked to be protected. That would just get the protective roles killed. But imo I don't see it being scum because imo scum wouldn't do something this drastic and attention mongering this early in the game. Hopefully it was a joke. Let's wait for betel to explain himself.

what do you mean?
i already claimed neutral (killing, if you stretch it) with my first post

This was what you said, your first post being that you claimed neutral. So i just quoted the first thing you said in the thread and questioned you to confirm if that is what you meant.

Then you asked why I was interested in it. I'm not though, i just wanted to point out what you said first. And I did

TheWabbit wrote:not unless you have the correct context

Am I missing some hidden message within your first post or am I just too dumb to think about what you're trying to say
FM Record - 26 Wins - 33 Losses - 7 Broke/Draw

Rip tosfm
watchme1
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 18, 2019 2:13 am

watchme1 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:Agree with watchme. D1 claims are absolutely unnecessary. It is even unlikely to be a vet bait since he asked to be protected. That would just get the protective roles killed. But imo I don't see it being scum because imo scum wouldn't do something this drastic and attention mongering this early in the game. Hopefully it was a joke. Let's wait for betel to explain himself.

what do you mean?
i already claimed neutral (killing, if you stretch it) with my first post

This was what you said, your first post being that you claimed neutral. So i just quoted the first thing you said in the thread and questioned you to confirm if that is what you meant.

Then you asked why I was interested in it. I'm not though, i just wanted to point out what you said first. And I did

TheWabbit wrote:not unless you have the correct context

Am I missing some hidden message within your first post or am I just too dumb to think about what you're trying to say

It's a thing called sarcasm. What fking idiot claims nk d1.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby EvilDeanius0 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:25 am

TheWabbit wrote:we're running the technicalities

- hypoclaiming is for losers, we're not doing that
- only claim witched on D2, this is to just confirm the existence of a witch
- only claim doused if someone claims roleblocked

no objections

Someone didn't read the OP
FM Record: 39 - 61
EvilDeanius0
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby TheWabbit » Sat May 18, 2019 2:46 am

jammingduck wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:someone give me the ability to vote 3 different people at the same time

Why are you not voting any of them?

because I can only vote them off one at a time

jeez

TheWabbit

Postby TheWabbit » Sat May 18, 2019 2:46 am

EvilDeanius0 wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:we're running the technicalities

- hypoclaiming is for losers, we're not doing that
- only claim witched on D2, this is to just confirm the existence of a witch
- only claim doused if someone claims roleblocked

no objections

Someone didn't read the OP

yes i didn't

TheWabbit

Postby woahah » Sat May 18, 2019 2:50 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Guys guys guys. We are all obviously forgetting who the real scum are. By squabbling amongst ourselves we are playing right into their hands.

/Vote Royee

Also *pets axotl*

owo
jammingduck wrote:@Nightmare Why are you voting Betel ?
@woahah Why is that a good vote?

Because it helps you towards your goal.
GrumpyGoomba wrote:No. Ducks are evil. Poor snek... :(

My vote is even more unjustified.
Watt2015 wrote:A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

Benefits:

Conclusion:

no
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Royee » Sat May 18, 2019 2:59 am

ZoruaLuhansk is replacing Kreaal
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Royee » Sat May 18, 2019 3:09 am

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Not voting:
EvilDeanius0,Phone0Ix,Kmenx,ZoruaLuhansk,tfiosforevah,TheLastEvangelist,watchme1
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby NightmareMoon » Sat May 18, 2019 3:31 am

i can't pretend to have super-sophisticated reasoning - i've never played forum mafia before - but the others' reasons for finding betelgeuse suspicious seem valid enough. obviously if it was purely because they voted for me, i would have voted rather earlier.
in-game: megitsune, bird attorney, pigeon, nighttime moom, greem beam, ...

it/its pronouns, please
NightmareMoon
Donor
Donor

Postby TheWabbit » Sat May 18, 2019 3:41 am

NightmareMoon wrote:

i can't pretend to have super-sophisticated reasoning - i've never played forum mafia before - but the others' reasons for finding betelgeuse suspicious seem valid enough. obviously if it was purely because they voted for me, i would have voted rather earlier.

spoiler alert: it's not valid

at all

TheWabbit

Postby NightmareMoon » Sat May 18, 2019 3:43 am

TheWabbit wrote:
NightmareMoon wrote:

at all

why?

it/its pronouns, please
NightmareMoon
Donor
Donor

Postby Kmenx » Sat May 18, 2019 3:55 am

NightmareMoon wrote:

At least you admit to a sheep read that's something

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Kmenx » Sat May 18, 2019 3:57 am

NightmareMoon wrote:
TheWabbit wrote:
NightmareMoon wrote:

at all

why?

Because his sheriff claim is joke claim and people random vote people at the beginning of day every day1 in any FM game

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby NightmareMoon » Sat May 18, 2019 3:58 am

hmmm. well, if random voting d1 is normal, then i will leave my vote up.

it/its pronouns, please
NightmareMoon
Donor
Donor

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Sat May 18, 2019 4:17 am

/unvote

For the record I'm not gonna be as active today, just in case you don't see me a lot. I'll be back with a longer post regarding a few things I read since my last post.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
CFM19 - Town Epic Gamer Loss
ToSFM3 - All Jester game.
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby spiderpoolcorps » Sat May 18, 2019 4:49 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Ah alrite. Also I would like the reasonings of spider for voting betel.

This is my first game- I was still thinking of this a TOS mindset, but now I've read more into resources Chemist gave me, I understand the differences.
Looking over this so far, random voting seems fairly typical for a D1.
/unvote
/vote GrumpyGoomba

I see no reason as of yet for you to defend a random vote so hard for a assumed joke claim.

Why shouldn't we be voting him up, over other people here?
spiderpoolcorps
Benefactor
Benefactor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads