Stagnation

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Stagnation

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:06 am

MysticMismagius wrote:Since when was Jester “not a ranked role”? I’m pretty sure it appears in 1/3 of all Ranked games.

Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Stagnation

Postby Silver1906 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:56 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.


BMG: We're going to nerf Transporter in the next update.

Everyone Else: Transporter either shouldn't be in the game or be a Neutral Benign role, nerfing it when it shouldn't be in ranked is pointless!

BMG: ?
Silver1906
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:32 am

Re: Stagnation

Postby Google » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:04 am

Silver1906 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.


BMG: We're going to nerf Transporter in the next update.

Everyone Else: Transporter either shouldn't be in the game or be a Neutral Benign role, nerfing it when it shouldn't be in ranked is pointless!

BMG: ?

No One:
The One Person Who Has Played The Game Once:MaKE tRAnsPorTEr neUTraL
Everybody Else: M E M E T I M E

no one wanted it boi
User avatar
Google
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm
Location: Summersky Island

Re: Stagnation

Postby Villagerlover » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:18 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:Since when was Jester “not a ranked role”? I’m pretty sure it appears in 1/3 of all Ranked games.

Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.


It is a bad sense only in your mind.
Transporter is a very viable role in ranked, it just needs editing really badly.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
User avatar
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:59 pm
Location: Hang on I need to ask Google Maps

Re: Stagnation

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:51 pm

Villagerlover wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:Since when was Jester “not a ranked role”? I’m pretty sure it appears in 1/3 of all Ranked games.

Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.


It is a bad sense only in your mind.
Transporter is a very viable role in ranked, it just needs editing really badly.

Dont be ignorant, i never once talked about Trans. I don’t know what the fuck Anyone else is going on about.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Stagnation

Postby Villagerlover » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:23 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:Since when was Jester “not a ranked role”? I’m pretty sure it appears in 1/3 of all Ranked games.

Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.


It is a bad sense only in your mind.
Transporter is a very viable role in ranked, it just needs editing really badly.

Dont be ignorant, i never once talked about Trans. I don’t know what the fuck Anyone else is going on about.


Well maybe if you actually read and processed what people typed out on here then you could get a good idea of why you're wrong.
The transporter is very much needing change in the sense of a nerf. That doesn't mean it can't be in Ranked.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
User avatar
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:59 pm
Location: Hang on I need to ask Google Maps

Re: Stagnation

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:45 am

@Villagerlover the post from Basic that I quoted was clearly talking about Arso, Sheriff, Vamps, and Jester. Not Trans. Idk where you got that from.
User avatar
MysticMismagius
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Stagnation

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 am

MysticMismagius wrote:@Villagerlover the post from Basic that I quoted was clearly talking about Arso, Sheriff, Vamps, and Jester. Not Trans. Idk where you got that from.

this papa
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Stagnation

Postby PinkiePieStyle2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Wait, has BMG ever come forward to say the Transporter needs to get a nerf? Does anyone have a link to that? I honestly think that level of thinking is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the company that thought the psychic was a balanced role.
PinkiePieStyle2
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Re: Stagnation

Postby BasicFourLife » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:45 am

PinkiePieStyle2 wrote:Wait, has BMG ever come forward to say the Transporter needs to get a nerf? Does anyone have a link to that? I honestly think that level of thinking is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the company that thought the psychic was a balanced role.

Nope. Instead they have tried to buff the Transporter.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Stagnation

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:03 am

PinkiePieStyle2 wrote:Wait, has BMG ever come forward to say the Transporter needs to get a nerf? Does anyone have a link to that? I honestly think that level of thinking is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the company that thought the psychic was a balanced role.

To be fair

Balance isn't really the issue there :lol:
Image
Spoiler: Yeah this sig is really outdated.
Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
Favorite Roles: Janitor, Spy
Loved Roles: Jailor, Witch, Executioner
Hated Roles: Mafioso, Amnesiac, Arsonist, Vampire
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5451
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Stagnation

Postby Brilliand » Fri May 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Wow this went downhill. Uh, let's see...

The vamp change was necessary for Dracula's Palace to be a thing. It hardly affects All Any at all. Hence, I wouldn't consider that change a balance patch, but rather a content update.

Jester exists in ranked. Removing it is a proposal, not the True Nature of the Game.

I'm not sure what all the stuff about Transporter is about, but I'd like to point out the fact that this thread is about "Stagnation". On that topic: I think it would help a lot for the devs to talk more about what changes the devs *want* to make. Just some (frequent) comments from the devs on whether particular ideas are maybe good, definitely good, or definitely not going to happen would go a long way toward raising the level of discussion on this forum.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Previous

Return to Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest