Town of Salem Rules Guide

Put any feedback about the game here.

Town of Salem Rules Guide

Postby Liboration » Sat May 11, 2019 12:59 am

I have a lot of issues with how the rules are handled:

1. I do not think claiming a role that you are not as town should even be considered borderline throwing. It is extremely advantageous to evil roles if they know all of the townie claims, so I think it is important to throw evils off your scent in some cases. (ex. claiming veteran when maybe you are retri so mafia won't visit you.)

2. The rules are not made clear to players as I have been reported for doing things that are not game throwing, and I have accidentally broken the rules without realizing. I understand that it is up to the player to understand the rules that you have in place but I found the rules document rather well hidden in this forum. I would suggest putting it front and center somewhere. And perhaps being a tad more forgiving to those who have broken them. (ex. I didn't even know breaking the soft filter was an offence, sometimes I write short forms of swears because it is shorter and I need to type fast. I will stop doing this however now that I know.)
Liboration
Jester
Jester

Re: Town of Salem Rules Guide

Postby Jerme » Sat May 11, 2019 1:06 am

1. I believe you are not undestanding the rule in this case. You may claim other town-roles, unless its getting you lynched, since changing claism can be quite suspicious or making obviously false claims either. Knowing roles is more the advantange of the town, rather than Mafia, since they can deduct thsoe from the lsit and identify the evils easier.

2. So you think that evading the (hard)filter to use words you may not use is something that you beleive is not against the rules?
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Liboration » Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 am

1. Oh ok, thank you. That makes sense.

2. No I fully agree what I did with the hard filter was wrong, but I mean in general I see a lot of players including myself breaking little rules like the soft filter unknowingly. The Rules guide is super helpful I guess I meant that BMG should showcase it better since they've worked hard to communicate the rules so well on the document.
Liboration
Jester
Jester

Postby Kirize12 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:49 am

I can’t speak on whether or not something should be made into a ban-worthy offense.

What I will say, is that by publicly hardcliming a role that is not your own, you have an increased possibility of getting wrong townies lyn he’s and deceiving the town. While it is true there best mafia has some power if they know your role, Town is the UNINFORMED majority - they reap the primary benefits of a massclaim because mafia already knows you are their enemy while Town is blind to that. By claiming a role your are not you are making it harder on your team, because you manipulate the information that goes into the Town. That is the mafia’s job and if they are doing it well your claim could be the difference between a win and a loss. Your strategy is poor.
If you have a problem with me or anything I do, tell me about it instead of ring passive aggressive. I consider most people here my friends and I'd rather not live in darkness, but try to resolve the situation. I can't hear what you don't say.

#SaveTheMayor

Get converted today! Who needs crosses or stars? We have cats!
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Brilliand » Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Yeah, bypassing the soft filter by accident is commonplace, but I don't think that is punished. The soft filter isn't meant to make you stop and think "I shouldn't say that" - it's just meant to unobtrusively tone down the level of swearing in regular conversation. (Note that some people even have the softfilter turned off in their options, so using the softfiltered words with no regard for whether they will be filtered is normal and expected.)
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Feedback