Taking Notes in Game

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Taking Notes in Game

Postby BeefyDuck » Wed May 01, 2019 1:18 am

Sometimes I run out of room on my will for notes. I think it would be nice if we had a separate sheet specifically for notes to sort through roles and claims we accumulate throughout the game. Would this make the game too easy?
BeefyDuck
Jester
Jester

Re: Taking Notes in Game

Postby Mikemk » Wed May 01, 2019 2:39 am

It's coming with the Unity port, and gets suggested very often
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby mrminecraft03 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:39 am

Open notepad.
mrminecraft03
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Zyprexa2024 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:43 pm

PLEASE DO THIS TOS
Zyprexa2024
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Transcender » Mon May 06, 2019 3:45 pm

Zyprexa2024 wrote:PLEASE DO THIS TOS

they have.
Coming Soon to an Unity Near You!
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Mon May 06, 2019 11:02 pm

There's something called note in the mobile version of tos already... so the devs have it planned I can tell.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Transcender » Tue May 07, 2019 3:45 pm

GrumpyGoomba wrote:There's something called note in the mobile version of tos already... so the devs have it planned I can tell.

mobile runs on unity.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby kyuss420 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:47 am

just use your brain. Start by remembering 3 role claims per game, remembering another, as 1 of the claims dies. Following week remember 5. Third week remember 7. by week 5 you might be amazed by how the human brain works and what it is truly capable of. (Also please seek medical advice if you cant remember something you read a minute ago)

Please note, however, you will have to pay attention to the chat to notice the role claims to start with.

Also remember someone who says ''Jack visited Deodat last night'' is actually claiming tracker or lookout, without actually claiming or showing a will.

Also if tracker/lo saw a non claimer someone visit, but all of the visiting town roles have been claimed, that someone is likely an evil visitng role
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby StrahmDude » Thu May 09, 2019 2:56 am

kyuss420 wrote:just use your brain. Start by remembering 3 role claims per game, remembering another, as 1 of the claims dies. Following week remember 5. Third week remember 7. by week 5 you might be amazed by how the human brain works and what it is truly capable of. (Also please seek medical advice if you cant remember something you read a minute ago)

Please note, however, you will have to pay attention to the chat to notice the role claims to start with.

Also remember someone who says ''Jack visited Deodat last night'' is actually claiming tracker or lookout, without actually claiming or showing a will.

Also if tracker/lo saw a non claimer someone visit, but all of the visiting town roles have been claimed, that someone is likely an evil visitng role

The problem is, memory is a fickle and volatile thing, and being able to take notes is hugely helpful. It is best to be able to train yourself to remember it without notes, but having the option will make everyone just that much better.
Also, if we can get notes that are more than just a text doc, like the ability to attack role claims to a towny by clicking on their name in chat/on the side/in the center of town. Possibly make it so it also puts their name by the role list of the spot they fill. Because seriously, too many people can't count roles. I once had a jailor hang the only TS claim in favor of the third TP claim that game.
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mrminecraft03 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:48 pm

StrahmDude wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:just use your brain. Start by remembering 3 role claims per game, remembering another, as 1 of the claims dies. Following week remember 5. Third week remember 7. by week 5 you might be amazed by how the human brain works and what it is truly capable of. (Also please seek medical advice if you cant remember something you read a minute ago)

The problem is, memory is a fickle and volatile thing, and being able to take notes is hugely helpful. It is best to be able to train yourself to remember it without notes, but having the option will make everyone just that much better.
Also, if we can get notes that are more than just a text doc, like the ability to attack role claims to a towny by clicking on their name in chat/on the side/in the center of town. Possibly make it so it also puts their name by the role list of the spot they fill. Because seriously, too many people can't count roles. I once had a jailor hang the only TS claim in favor of the third TP claim that game.

Again, why make something complicated when on EVERY, and I mean EVERY computer you would play TOS on, you can open notepad.
mrminecraft03
Doctor
Doctor

Postby StrahmDude » Tue May 14, 2019 9:19 pm

mrminecraft03 wrote:
StrahmDude wrote:

Again, why make something complicated when on EVERY, and I mean EVERY computer you would play TOS on, you can open notepad.

Because alt-tabbing out of TOS means you can miss stuff, like being voted up, or key info. Not everyone has multiple monitors.
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor

Postby kyuss420 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:50 am

Yea... it just makes it too easy if you ask me (altho i dont think any noob will bother taking notes anyway). I mean isnt remembering claims from 2 minutes ago and such part of the skill every skillful player has? It kinda like seperates the masters ELO from the wooden ELO if you know what i mean
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby StrahmDude » Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 pm

kyuss420 wrote:Yea... it just makes it too easy if you ask me (altho i dont think any noob will bother taking notes anyway). I mean isnt remembering claims from 2 minutes ago and such part of the skill every skillful player has? It kinda like seperates the masters ELO from the wooden ELO if you know what i mean

Remembering it yourself will always be better, but giving people a tool so that they can play better will make the game more fun for everyone. Besides, there are too many noobs in masters,
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor

Postby mrminecraft03 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:39 pm

StrahmDude wrote:
mrminecraft03 wrote:
StrahmDude wrote:

Because alt-tabbing out of TOS means you can miss stuff, like being voted up, or key info. Not everyone has multiple monitors.

Neither do I . Tos on half, NP on the other. Just drag the window to the side of the screen.
mrminecraft03
Doctor
Doctor

Postby BeefyDuck » Thu May 16, 2019 10:18 pm

I think remembering everything that happens in the game is part of being a good ToS player, so maybe excluding note taking from ranked but including it in practice could be good.
BeefyDuck
Jester
Jester

Postby StrahmDude » Fri May 17, 2019 1:20 pm

I use fullscreen so much I forget you can do windowed mode.
I will agree that remembering everything will always be the best course of action, but having notes for people will help them play better as just writing the stuff down will help them remember.
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Suggestions