Re: New Monthly Update! 5/6/19

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Postby Kaladef » Mon May 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Everything looks fine to me, the game has always been pretty cartoony carnage and having the fonts changed to fit in with that is great! When I started playing, it was the hilarity of the dark stuff that is actually going on in the game mixed with the cartoonishness that kept me playing, the concept of the game has kept me playing it since then so expanding on that is great.

What i'm curious about though is will you be able to update the Teammate tab yourself, or will you have an instant log that confirms some roles (ret/mayor) when they've used their powers? Or even a mix I guess? Going afk wouldn't be as punishing if your team tab updates with ret/mayor though which would kinda suck since I still miss mayor reveals when i'm cooking and stuff sooo...

Anyway, keep up the great work guys, I'm excited for the Unity port and especially for the stuff that comes after it's done!
Kaladef
Witch
Witch

Postby MeganG » Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Kaladef wrote:Everything looks fine to me, the game has always been pretty cartoony carnage and having the fonts changed to fit in with that is great! When I started playing, it was the hilarity of the dark stuff that is actually going on in the game mixed with the cartoonishness that kept me playing, the concept of the game has kept me playing it since then so expanding on that is great.

What i'm curious about though is will you be able to update the Teammate tab yourself, or will you have an instant log that confirms some roles (ret/mayor) when they've used their powers? Or even a mix I guess? Going afk wouldn't be as punishing if your team tab updates with ret/mayor though which would kinda suck since I still miss mayor reveals when i'm cooking and stuff sooo...

Anyway, keep up the great work guys, I'm excited for the Unity port and especially for the stuff that comes after it's done!

If it's like the mobile version then a revived member will have their role revealed once they've been revived. Correct me if I'm wrong, I also believe the mayor role also appears after they've revealed, but I'm not 100% sure on this. I don't think the ret role is revealed after they've revived though, again I could be wrong about this so don't quote me on it :P
MeganG
Jester
Jester

Postby mcmconnor » Wed May 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Is there an estimated release date for steam beta yet?
The only thing I am not joking about is that my life is a joke.
mcmconnor
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Wed May 15, 2019 10:52 pm

MissPeneIope wrote:Is there an estimated release date for steam beta yet?

Not that I know, only "when its ready".
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby fwogcarf » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:51 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
Jerme wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:i agree, this UI looks absolutely terrible.

PLease add reasoning, as in, why don't you like it and maybe offer some improvements?

it looks like youre playing on mobile, scrolling on the right, too cartoonish

This, but I don't have an issue with it. Wdym too cartoonish?
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SillyLikeMe » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 am

The mobile UI is a little difficult to navigate around. On top of that for a first time user on mobile and 3+ year browser player - it was VERY VERY VERY difficult for me to find where everything was.

The entire UI needs a new layout.
SillyLikeMe
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby bloxtonz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:33 pm

off topic but the game should be free again, custom mode is dead :(
bloxtonz

Previous

Return to Announcements