VFM 49: SK win #rekt

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM 49: Day 1

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Zucker wrote:
ProtoZigg wrote:tria- woops... Protozigg reads

TOWN: Dash2, Flake
NULL: everyone else
SCUMTEAM: Qva, Cupcake, Phone, Goomba <-cus that guy is flipping annoying

I also don’t like how you call Qva scum and as soon as they make you mad you vote them.
In the recent VFM game you also lynched Yellow and Lost Town the game.
If your actually Town stop making horrible choices and vote someone who legit can’t be Town.
Give actual reasoning like I did with Dash.

Here is My Scum Reads BTW: Proto, Chemist and Dash.
Here’s my Possible Scum: Crimson if Dash is Town

Ah, you're right man
very ez to gamesolve when Im dead and can read the spreadsheet.
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive"

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Mhh, I still feel cupcake will turn out to be scum but your reasoning seems kinda plausible too. Thoughts on crimson?
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Zucker » Tue May 14, 2019 3:16 pm

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Mhh, I still feel cupcake will turn out to be scum but your reasoning seems kinda plausible too. Thoughts on crimson?

Honestly I’m down to vote it.
If they flip Mafia, Dash can only be SK/Town.

Because if you look at the conversation between the 2. While nether were against each other I could see it as 1 is Scum and the other is not scum or from different Faction.

/Vote Crimson
Zucker
Jester
Jester

Postby UzayAltay » Tue May 14, 2019 3:20 pm

My work took longer than i thought
I Will read the players I promised, than Will sleep.
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby Zucker » Tue May 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Dash2 wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:Uzay is acting really townie rn btw

Not really.

Crimson and Uzay aren't the same alignment if he flips scum

That’s wrong.
Your not in the same Alignment.
Lol dash do you think I’m fuckin stupid or something?
Your obviously going to kill me after Crimson is lynched then claim is Uzay when I already stated previously it was you.
LOOOOOOLLL Your Bad!
Zucker
Jester
Jester

Postby Zucker » Tue May 14, 2019 3:24 pm

I’m also out of Zucker character so after I’m finished the games I’m in with Zucker I’ll stop using him for awhile until I can regain his character back.
Zucker
Jester
Jester

Postby Zucker » Tue May 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Dash2 wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:Fun fact, the game shouldn’t have started, because there’s quite a chance SK hasn’t chosen their abilities yet and by starting the game the players have a chance to influence their choice.
(I'm not SK xd)
And yeah, I know I’m just being an ass rn

Stop, i'm already angleshooting thanks to this.

Crimson97 wrote:

Not really.

Crimson97 wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:

Not really.

I can't take either of these seriously. We're still in the first few pages and hours of the game, isn't everything basically still NAI?

Exactly.

Crimson97 wrote:Zucker has succesfully convinced me not to vote Dash.

Hmm

Yes that last part proves my point further
Zucker
Jester
Jester

Postby Zucker » Tue May 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Dash2 wrote:The posts I quoted are everything I can see that can come from wolf, but even with that I can't confidently say he's scum. Cupcake would be a better lynch option today

Because their a bad player?
Never lynch someone just because they are bad.
If you look at their recent SFM game where they were scum it’s completely Different then
This one.
Zucker
Jester
Jester

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 3:27 pm

im gonna sleep die
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive"

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 14, 2019 3:28 pm

Tbh I really don't see why you find dash scummy. Their involvement so far felt pretty pro town to me. What is it exactly that you don't like about dash?

The initial refusal to flake's questioning has resolved itself imo.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm

By gamestate I'd go crimson over cupcake just because most of the lownull people are going after cupcake over crimson

Cupcake wagon seems more wolf-driven

Also the soft part of my headphones fell off so I'm gonna spend the next 20 minutes trying to fix that bye
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Flake wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:By gamestate I'd go crimson over cupcake just because most of the lownull people are going after cupcake over crimson

Cupcake wagon seems more wolf-driven

Also the soft part of my headphones fell off so I'm gonna spend the next 20 minutes trying to fix that bye

what

i completely disagree

Goomba and tfios are both low nulls and pushing on cupcake

I don't like them on the wagon, I don't like people like them ignoring crimson
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:44 pm

tfiosforevah wrote:I’m okay with either a cupcake Lynch or a crimson lynch, proto zigg should never be lynched at this point in this case since their slot is unreadable at the moment due to inactivity , hopefully a more active player replaces in

As to crimson and cupcake, they have both been actively inactive, crimson moreso than cupcake, by posting barely anything helpful from a townie perspective. IMO, crimson is doing this more than cupcake, but cupcake appears to be the top wagon , so like I said I’m fine with either

Like look at this

Tfios's only reason for considering cupcake is inactivity and them being top wagon
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:45 pm

I think the team is something like tfios/Crimson/Goomba
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Spoiler:
Dash2 wrote:@eragon
GrumpyGoomba wrote:Since I am already getting scumread I guess there goes my idea of claiming a pr to waste the mafia/sk night kill on me down the drain...

This post literally shouldn't make sense from town. No town member ever just reveals a plan like that.
GrumpyGoomba wrote:Sigh... I know I am being extremely frustrating to deal with and I hate it. I just didn't know what else to do save claim my role and just come clean since I am town so I should have nothing to hide. Y'all are gonna hate me when flip town and thus I'm ashamed of myself. -_-

Another post that shouldn't come from town, emphasis on the hard AtE doesn't sit right
GrumpyGoomba wrote:I hope that through some magical luck the cop check is on me and it succeeds and I am hopefully cleared.

Post here is unnatural from town and makes me believe two things
1. It's an attempt at AtE to get the cop to not check
2. Goomba's the SK and chose cop immunity

This earns a ! from me. I totally forgot that the SK could become cop immune in this game, and didn't think of that when reading these. This actually makes way too much sense.

Yeah, so Eragon, I really don't think I agree on your Goomba read, then.

GrumpyGoomba wrote:It's the opposite about 1 actually, I WANTED the cop to check me so that I would be cleared. About 2, my dumbass just didn't read the cop part in the vig/cop immunity choice and that's why I made that stupid statement.

Responses in bold.

Okay, so now it's a !!!

Anyone else think that this was an attempt to get us to think that he was trying to slip not being SK with this?

Dash2 wrote:AtE = Attack through Empathy. Basically when you try to use emotion to gain towncred

Close, but not quite. It's Appeal to Emotion. It generally means that instead of using logic and reason to get your way, you use emotions and plead with others to sympathize with you enough to vote/perform actions that are more favorable to you.

Flake wrote:
Dash2 wrote:Flake I heavily disagree on Rick due to the fact that he has broughten up numerous points on potential issues when facing scum. Scum wouldn't speculate on all this for the sake of blending in, due to the fact that it won't favor them in the long run.

See above

I really don't see how speculating on whether SK or Mafia would be good to lynch first is something that would harm him much in the long run since it's relatively unlikely town will have the decent option to differentiate between SK and Mafia and thus choose between SK and Mafia in a gamestate, and even if there were such an opportunity town would just speculate then anyways

For the same reason I don't really see how speculating on that would help that much at all for town but w/e, i'd probably push a similar point as scum for towncred lol

unless you have other progressions in mind which you think are unlikely to come from scum!rick?

Flake, what do you make of my responses to Qvapil, then? Do you disagree with my basis to Town read him? And did you really walk into this game with such a clear mind of what Town should be doing in this game that you felt the question wasn't worth asking at all?

multiple Uzay posts wrote:-snip-

The bunch of this feels more fluffy to me and less helpful as a whole. Uzay, have your reads evolved much since you've last caught up?

Dash2 wrote:Visualize

SK charge: 8

SK uses charge
Mafia switches used: 2

SK now has 6 charges

Ok now I'm confused again. Did 0verk1ll not say that the only change he made to the SK's card was that the SK was free to use 1 charge per switch of his choice, and wasn't limited to only changing 1 switch per night? Because during signups, the original SK card said something to that effect.

@0verk1ll, if you haven't already answered this, can you please confirm if SK basically can choose which switches to flip, or if he reverses all three as 1 charge?

Dash2 wrote:
Each night phase, you may reverse the state of all switches. This will trigger the opposite outcome of how the mafia have left a switch. This will also use up a charge of the switcher if they used it.

Dash, this still runs into the "this game is never going to reach Night 8" point that I brought up with 0ver before the game started. I'm pretty sure what he told us was that each switch the SK targets consumes a charge, and the SK is free to choose which switch they want to target. :?

Honestly, I don't even know anymore. Trying to night plan around the switches is just impossible anyway, so I don't even know why we're bothering with this at this point.

Flake wrote:i would guess they can switch and kill in the same night

I'm nearly dead sure 0ver confirmed this too.

tfiosforevah wrote:I’m okay with either a cupcake Lynch or a crimson lynch, proto zigg should never be lynched at this point in this case since their slot is unreadable at the moment due to inactivity , hopefully a more active player replaces in

As to crimson and cupcake, they have both been actively inactive, crimson moreso than cupcake, by posting barely anything helpful from a townie perspective. IMO, crimson is doing this more than cupcake, but cupcake appears to be the top wagon , so like I said I’m fine with either

So, just to clarify, you're against lynching inactive players, but only the ones who post helpful things from a townie perspective? Like, what?

They're inactive. They're not posting ANYTHING. I don't understand what differences you're trying to draw upon here.

ProtoZigg wrote:Shut up you're dead
/Vote tfios

jfc

Flake wrote:i feel like voting uzay, town reading him, acknowledging you're still voting him and not removing the vote might be too reckless to be coming from scum though?????

like what

Um, can you try writing this again, but like, in a more legible way? You're saying you want to vote one of your town reads?

ejjinami wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:
tfiosforevah wrote:You can take my claim seriously, or not, either way i never know how to enter so the naturalness doesn’t really indicate my alignment lol

I wish tfios didn't approach every game exactly like this.
sigh.gif

this feels like reverse-shade… if it even makes sense

???

ejjinami wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:I STILL don't like his acknowledge to Dash at the very end that his posting quality was bad.

Why?

Because if he's fully aware that he's making poor quality posts that are going to get him in trouble, then why is he making them? As Town, it's fine to be brave and put your wild thoughts out there, but if you know that people are going to react in a way that's going to put you in more danger of being killed by the Town, it's probably because he knows that the posts are anti-town in nature and shouldn't be making them in the first place.

Town should be endeavoring themselves to make good quality posts that at worst get reacted to by "can you please explain further", and not "this looks poor and scummy".

ejjinami wrote:Let me repeat my read.
-snip-
I haven’t seen seth play scum, but as town he seemed to care A LOT about the game and everything that happens around him, so I really doubt he’d suddenly stop doing that just because of rolling scum. He should have cared about people’s reads on him, he should have noticed and he should have changed his behavior as scum, because “looking townie” should be sth he gave a shit about.

I can see him shrugging off the SRs and acting ignorant as town though, especially if he really believed his read and didn’t care much about anything else.

The has nothing to do with “rewarding bad behavior”. YES, his posts are bad, but regardless if his strategy is good or not, it doesn’t change the fact that if there’s no scum-motivation for him doing that, it’s probably townie. You can call it TSTBS if you want to.

But who has even seen his scum play, anyway? Does Chemist, of all people, truly even know what to expect what he'd do as one?

Fine, if your stance here is that TSTBS, this is absolutely a logical stance to take, but you have to remember that just because someone is posting like a total VI and not giving a damn about the consequences about posting as said VI, doesn't make them obvious town by virtue of terrible posting. I've seen people try to bang on the way people react to them and try to pass it off as TSTBS VI before. fwogcarf was probably the most recent example of this in Purgatory 2. Fwog made terrible posts around the clock and people threatened to lynch him for doing it NONSTOP right up until he got lynched, and we pretty much did it knowing full well that we couldn't let him live to Judgment Day (and also, forced to choose between fwog/Phone, Phone looked WAY better as Town than fwog looked like a convincing VI)

Look, before we go any further, I just want to reiterate that I don't want to lynch Zucker today. My god, I hope we can clear him somehow, I hope we can Cop him before the Cop dies without even so much as a green check without switch hell ruining that chance for us. But you have to realize that, whether or not Zucker is Town or Scum, the Mafia plan is going to revolve around us putting him in the f3 to decide then if we lynch him or not. Or worse, bet on him screwing it up in the end and have him vote the wrong person.

But just because you see him as TSTBS, and just because you don't see what purposes his posts bring for scum, does not mean there isn't any chance of him being scum. Hell, Ejj, if I had Seth on my Mafia team, I'd tell him to pretty much ignore his role card and be exactly how he is, because I would totally see the way he approaches the game frustrating everyone to the point that they just VI read and ignore him. If he survives to see f3, it would be completely plausible for everyone else to assume it was because Scum wanted him alive to bury the Town. That's how Scum approaches having someone like fwog or Seth on your team- you let them do what they always do, because Town, without a way of clearing that person, both won't want to have to deal with that person, and Scum will let these people live to the very end to frustrate everyone.

If you are trying to argue to me that TBTBS should be cause to NOT Scum Read him, I 100% fully agree with you. It is NOT cause to Town Read him. If you are not scolding me for refusing to drop a TR on Zucker, then we can move on. Otherwise, understand, that VIs who continue to act like VIs in every game already have a meta that works wonderfully for them as Scum. If Town constantly ignores VIs because they always assume that the person is posting the dumbest things to ever be Mafia, then that's how surprises happen the one day the VI finally gets a scum card.

Why can't you see him shrugging off SRs as Scum and being ignorant to everyone's complaints about him? He already gleefully does this as Town under threat of lynch.

ejjinami wrote:And you’re misreading my post. I didn’t say that you were aiming for an easy ML just because of SRing Zuck, the read I posted previously was mostly based on interactions and on the way you defended Grumpy.
-snip-

Okay, so here. You didn't realize I was playing hypothetical with Dash and not pushing an actual read of Goomba/Zucker at the time, so you're retracting most of the rest of this as a result. I didn't realize that this point was in counter to an actual defense of Goomba and an attempted push against Zucker, so I probably overreacted here as well. Should we just call it a wash?

I think regarding here we're just at a point where we've blown something up over a misread.

(end of page 29)
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby UzayAltay » Tue May 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Btw with 10-15;post iso i can speak about all posts.
Crimson :
#3166921 : Actually even it is an entry post, it should be speaker about.
Wè discussed opening claims with flake , and they said two things : (PS: think é as e , i am on a very bad keyboard )
1) Zucker May be thinking it Will give them cred.
2) Tfios doing it as village meta.

There is sth off about Crimson, He dont have a spesific reason for them except create wifom (which is , Weird )
Cant say this is scummy, it just dont give me right vibe.

#3166923 :nai
#3166926 : nai
#3166929 : nai

#3166939 : nai for now, but i Will ask how this effect their reads later

#3166953 : nai
#3166966 : the Weird thing about this post is Not this post. He is thinking i am not towny, okay. But He never try to argue with the players TR me. Flake did that, pressured every single person for naked reads.
TBH Crimson acted like cycler which is behind of escape groop, even though He was fist to escape.

Later 3 post was nai.
Except maybe last one, i am not Remembering what He come with with digging.
Later 3 post = nai
Later 2 as well.
#3168440= pro-town, but probably nai.
Btw i should probably just pass not important
#3168470= Crimson, can you eloborate this more?
#3168472= feels geniune

Last 3 post :Weird

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:55 pm

@0verk1ll, if you haven't already answered this, can you please confirm if SK basically can choose which switches to flip, or if he reverses all three as 1 charge?

Quickly bumping this out of spoiler so that 0ver sees this ^
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby UzayAltay » Tue May 14, 2019 3:58 pm

Rick can i answer that tomorrow?
I am generally stating /hinting when that happens, but there May be ones i haven't said due it only changing very light..
And i need to read at least 2 more player for commit a vote
And i dont have much time for that, i am about to forfeit to sleep.

Scum Games (19-14)

UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:00 pm

UzayAltay wrote:Rick can i answer that tomorrow?
I am generally stating /hinting when that happens, but there May be ones i haven't said due it only changing very light..

Fine, I guess, it would just be nice to have a better idea of what people you're looking at before flips happen by tomorrow. :|

Even like, a Chemist-Style reads list would help before you go.

Rickdaily12

Postby UzayAltay » Tue May 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:Rick can i answer that tomorrow?

Fine, I guess, it would just be nice to have a better idea of what people you're looking at before flips happen by tomorrow. :|

Even like, a Chemist-Style reads list would help before you go.

Flake 's Lynch pool

Scum Games (19-14)

UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Dash2 wrote:
Each night phase, you may reverse the state of all switches. This will trigger the opposite outcome of how the mafia have left a switch. This will also use up a charge of the switcher if they used it

Yeah, Dash, I know, but like I explained in the spoiler, that wasn't what I thought 0ver said he was going to do, especially considering that he was addressing that the 8 charges could be used multiple times across a night phase.

You know what? To hell with this, how would continue talking about this help us any further when it wouldn't stop our PRs from being any less screwed? <_<

I'm just going to post my last spoiler and come up with some reads. I'll probably be around right until EoD anyway, so I'm just going to continue doing that.

Rickdaily12

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Now that Proto has been posting more, does anyone else hate the slot?

I'm pretty much putting Proto on par with Cupcake as jesters at this point and wanting both dead right now, so does anyone else have a better read?

Rickdaily12

Postby 0verki11 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:

They choose what swtiches to change.
On a sidenote be nice to each other and dont be overly insulting k thx.
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Postby 0verki11 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:07 pm

0verki11 wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:

They choose what swtiches to change, each switch uses 1 charge so switching both vig and cop would take 2.
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:07 pm

0verki11 wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:

They choose what swtiches to change.

like I said, I was pretty sure he said this during signups

I appreciate you, 0ver, but the card is a bit confusing as written. <_<

Rickdaily12

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads