VFM 49: SK win #rekt

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM 49: Day 1

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 14, 2019 11:44 am

Me hate ingles. It too hard.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 14, 2019 11:46 am

Well I think sk might be able to kill and switch at the same time... else sk will be too UP.

When the fk did this become a discussion about game mechanics lmao.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby tfiosforevah » Tue May 14, 2019 12:45 pm

I’m okay with either a cupcake Lynch or a crimson lynch, proto zigg should never be lynched at this point in this case since their slot is unreadable at the moment due to inactivity , hopefully a more active player replaces in

As to crimson and cupcake, they have both been actively inactive, crimson moreso than cupcake, by posting barely anything helpful from a townie perspective. IMO, crimson is doing this more than cupcake, but cupcake appears to be the top wagon , so like I said I’m fine with either
Just a college-aged girl who likes playing mafia :D

FM History: 8-7
Spoiler: FM6E- stalker- loss
TFM8- checker- loss
GFM- investigator- win
Episode XII- double citizen- win
SFM28- Jugin/Vet. Lancer (citizen)- loss
VFM42- citizen- loss
SFM53- despacito 2.5 (tracker)- win
VFM43- citizen- win
SFM55- vanilla townie (citizen)- win
FM17C- caporegime- loss
VFM44- citizen- loss
FM17D- pirate- win
VFM46- irn-bru (goon)- win
SFM56- goon- win
FM17E- citizen- loss
tfiosforevah
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 12:48 pm

tfiosforevah wrote:I’m okay with either a cupcake Lynch or a crimson lynch, proto zigg should never be lynched at this point in this case since their slot is unreadable at the moment due to inactivity , hopefully a more active player replaces in

As to crimson and cupcake, they have both been actively inactive, crimson moreso than cupcake, by posting barely anything helpful from a townie perspective. IMO, crimson is doing this more than cupcake, but cupcake appears to be the top wagon , so like I said I’m fine with either

Shut up you're dead
/Vote tfios
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive"

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 14, 2019 1:00 pm

ProtoZigg wrote:
tfiosforevah wrote:I’m okay with either a cupcake Lynch or a crimson lynch, proto zigg should never be lynched at this point in this case since their slot is unreadable at the moment due to inactivity , hopefully a more active player replaces in

Shut up you're dead
/Vote tfios

Ugh why do people like these exist? Do us a favor and replace out.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ejjinami » Tue May 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Actually, forget what I said about cupcake, my previous read on him makes no damn sense.
cupcakeaj2 wrote:Oh ok then
Yeah I think Zucker = alt
Also he's literally "I don't like these things but I don't want to explain why"
cupcakeaj2 wrote:Hmmmm
Let's look at more ISOs.
ejjinami wrote:
cupcakeaj2 wrote:Hmmmm
Let's look at more ISOs.
just read the damn game, please.
cupcakeaj2 wrote:I did.
And everybody said everything I was going to say.

He has clearly no idea how to contribute
cupcakeaj2 wrote:Let's support more suspicious and horrible reads

To random vote or to not random vote?

/vote Uzay

cupcakeaj2 wrote:I like Uzay as well, doing a lot of explained reads and whatever you call this, it's not planning but meh:
UzayAltay wrote:snip

Yeah, I voted him. Don't ask.

And upon re-read, the read on uzay makes no sense. Honestly, I don’t even remember why I liked it in the first place, he just seems frozen. Voting a TR, when he has nearly no reads makes no sense from town’s pov.
I’m starting to feel he might just be scum, has no idea what to do and voted uzay because he (understandably) doesn’t give a crap about acting on his reads.

cupcakeaj2 wrote:
Qvapil wrote:I'm trying to learn from my last game, and I think it's more telling to look at those who capitalise on others' questionable plays rather than those who misplay. That's why I'm against voting dash.

What. When did Dash capitalise, what. And that isn't a perfect science either.

And I don’t like his shade on Qvap.

15 : 14,5

Last updated: 18.02.2021
ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Hey. I'm here now, feeling much better than I did last night.

Catching up now.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby ejjinami » Tue May 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:
tfiosforevah wrote:You can take my claim seriously, or not, either way i never know how to enter so the naturalness doesn’t really indicate my alignment lol

I wish tfios didn't approach every game exactly like this.
sigh.gif

this feels like reverse-shade… if it even makes sense

Rickdaily12 wrote:I STILL don't like his acknowledge to Dash at the very end that his posting quality was bad..

Why?

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Tue May 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:2. Again, this wasn't a read. You're completely missing the context of the question asked. I don't have a read on Goomba- hindsight? He's null at very best to me.
The question addressed to me was: "Rick, what were your thoughts about the wagon on me?"
Between Goomba and Zucker, Zucker was the one trying harder to get Dash lynched. But yes, I absolutely despise the way he's been handling himself this game, and if you think this is me trying to push an easy mislynch and not trying to hear him out, I don't know what else I can tell you.

And actually, most of that makes sense. I assumed this was supposed to be a push on both Zucker and Grumpy, which felt incredibly iffy, especially interaction-vise… :/ I’m not so confident in this now…
Rickdaily12 wrote:Confidence is a sign of being Town, but refusal to address your mistakes in your posts and adjust yourself when confronted is just textbook VI. His post trying to set up the lynch between Dash and Flake so early into the game still pisses me off. He addresses this by pretty much saying "I'm certain that Dash is scum, but if he's Town we can just lynch Flake after" without addressing the case at all where both can be Town.

I don't dislike your reluctance to scum read him. I dislike your disapproval for my lack of Town reading him. I'm not going to reward bad behavior when there's real consequences for the bad ideas he's pushing, and it doesn't make it any easier for me to read him when he doesn't seem to care about issues people keep bringing up to him about his posts. If you're trying to convince me to Town read him, I don't think you have a basis to besides your gut, but right now, I don't agree.

The "Rick just wants the easy ML" bit also feels really extreme for what was going on here as well, and I'm not liking that jump either.

Let me repeat my read.
YES, Zuck’s reads are garbage. He seemed to want to convince others to vote with him, while being completely uninterested in making any sort of case, and pushed dash for a long time, with ridiculous, unexplained confidence without rescinding or weakening his reads even after people started SRing him for it.
Funnily enough he kept “role/alt playing” (faking his tone and talking in 3’rd person just for shits and giggles) for the majority of the time, which makes his posts look tonally off, but probably implies that he thought “everything he’s done till now is ok and there’s no reason to worry”.
Can we agree that considering how nearly everyone reacted negatively to his reads and NO ONE seemed to want to sheep him, he HAD TO be aware that his actions make him look bad?

I haven’t seen seth play scum, but as town he seemed to care A LOT about the game and everything that happens around him, so I really doubt he’d suddenly stop doing that just because of rolling scum. He should have cared about people’s reads on him, he should have noticed and he should have changed his behavior as scum, because “looking townie” should be sth he gave a shit about.

I can see him shrugging off the SRs and acting ignorant as town though, especially if he really believed his read and didn’t care much about anything else.

The has nothing to do with “rewarding bad behavior”. YES, his posts are bad, but regardless if his strategy is good or not, it doesn’t change the fact that if there’s no scum-motivation for him doing that, it’s probably townie. You can call it TSTBS if you want to.

The read is absolutely not based on gut and honestly, I have no idea how did you even come to that conclusion after reading my posts.
If you think his behavior might come from either alignment and shouldn’t be TR in any way, talk to me about his scum motivation first.

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Tue May 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Spoiler:
ejjinami wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:Just quickly skimming back into the thread again, Goomba just seems like a bit of noise. Doesn't seem too opportunistic for me right now, or at least, I didn't see him taking any strong stance unless I'm skimming too hard. Normally this would be more annoying, but again, the game is still pretty fresh and I can forgive that sort of thing right now. I think Zucker has been a bit more opportunistic in comparison to Goomba as it stands.
:c
I absolutely disagree… I really don’t like that read
All of grumpy’s posts being fluff and them reading the thread, but only responding to stuff unrelated to scum-hunting should be scum-indicative, their posts are tonally bad and I see no reason to forgive that, regardless of how much time has passed.
And how the heck can Grumpy be opportunistic if he doesn’t push anyone at all?

Your stance makes no sense. I strongly disagree with the read and I really don’t like you pushing an alternative “easy ML” in the same post for no exact reason. Actually, it feels like you wrote about Grumpy not being opportunistic just so that you could start talking about Zucker. It makes little sense otherwise
Idk if I’m overthinking it, but oh god, I really, really, REALLY dislike that post.

I’m getting more and more tempted to lynch grumpy today…
Rickdaily12 wrote:The "Rick just wants the easy ML" bit also feels really extreme for what was going on here as well, and I'm not liking that jump either.

And you’re misreading my post. I didn’t say that you were aiming for an easy ML just because of SRing Zuck, the read I posted previously was mostly based on interactions and on the way you defended Grumpy.

You started the post by writing that Grumpy did nothing helpful, but then seemed to defend him by saying that “they weren’t opportunistic(?)”, which made no sense to me.
Of course they wouldn’t be opportunistic if the only thing they did was shitpost, lol.
No pushes = no opportunistic pushes

And later you suddenly changed the subject by noticing that ”Seth is way more opportunistic than Grumpy” and SRing him, which I still disagree with, but wouldn’t have SR if not for the weird read on grumpy.

It pinged me as SvS with Grumpy and you being unwilling to distance from him so early. The way you started criticizing seth and comparing him to Grumpy also felt as if you just chose a scapegoat (easy ML) to push instead.
I wasn’t actually confident in reading you based on tone, or any individual read. Tbh I didn’t know if I should read it at all if grumpy flipped town in any part of the game… :/

But I guess that doesn’t matter anymore anyway :/ I might have misunderstood your intentions a bit when reading it previously…

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby 0verki11 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:44 pm

ProtoZigg has been retrospectivly prodded.
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Postby ejjinami » Tue May 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:[Qvap, dash]

[phone, uzay, zucker]
[eragon, cupcake]
[crimson, chemist, tfios, Flake, ProtoZigg]
[rick]
[Grumpy]

[]

:roll:

You do realize you always do this, right?

honestly…. yeah xd
I thought that might be the case back when hosting the first purgatory… The 2’nd one kinda confirmed it...
There’s a chance our play styles might tend to clash normally and I THINK I might have a tendency to SR you regardless of alignment, but I have no idea how to read you otherwise...
If you're town, sorry for that :/ idk if I can do anything about that and tbh I'm not entirely convinced that I should...
You’ll prob just have to deal with it at least till I actually figure out if I should be pushing you or not

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Tue May 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Dash2 wrote:ejj wagon cupcake with me :Doge:

sure
/vote cupcake

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 1:58 pm

GrumpyGoomba wrote:
ProtoZigg wrote:

Shut up you're dead
/Vote tfios

Ugh why do people like these exist? Do us a favor and replace out.

Yo. You serious broski? You crying?
Oh my dear
/Vote goomba
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 pm

0verki11 wrote:ProtoZigg has been retrospectivly prodded.

Never has a comment been so brasantly unreasonable
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Dash2 wrote:Alright I'm getting an FM mod. I ain't dealing with Proto

I cannot believe you're for real
Grow a backbone
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Chem is lock town
Qva is lock town
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Cupcake is lock scum
I'm just updating as I read btw
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ejjinami » Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Zucker wrote:That vote was scum, right after I said that’s tfios and Cupcake are bad choices.
I also don’t like you either Chemist so if scum, I mean Dash gets lynched today then I’m Hard ISOing and Pushing you next.
I really don’t like your attitude this game compared to others.

Dash doesn’t seem like the type to get stressed and overreact just because of 1 person pushing him.
You must have realized that you’re the only one who ever wanted to lynch him, right?
I won’t write much, because I’m sure people have already yelled at you for that, but the way you read him is fundamentally wrong.
Crimson97 wrote:
ejjinami wrote:Catching up xd
Oh god, I’m really not good with fast-paced games

This is not fast paced and you should know since i've seen you in MU.

You mean, MS…. -_-
I’ve played on MU once and I was using an alt, so there’s no way you could have seen me there, lol

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Phone is scummy not harshly enough to be worried about rn nothing that screams at me for a d1
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Flake is as unreadable as always so just leave off on him

What's our current wagons and most likely lynches??
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Nice, ignore all I say.
guess we done interacting.
Feelsbad.
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ejjinami » Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Qvapil wrote:
ejjinami wrote:
cupcakeaj2 wrote:Let's support more suspicious and horrible reads

To random vote or to not random vote?

/vote Uzay

cupcakeaj2 wrote:I like Uzay as well, doing a lot of explained reads and whatever you call this, it's not planning but meh:
UzayAltay wrote:snip

Yeah, I voted him. Don't ask.

And upon re-read, the read on uzay makes no sense. Honestly, I don’t even remember why I liked it in the first place, he just seems frozen. Voting a TR, when he has nearly no reads makes no sense from town’s pov.
I’m starting to feel he might just be scum, has no idea what to do and voted uzay because he (understandably) doesn’t give a crap about acting on his reads.

Thing is I played scum with cupcake on vfm48 and they didn't act this way at all. Their reads were legit, they didn't post much and were widely townread until late game. Nothing like how they're acting now. I'm hesitant.

I'll look through that when I finish catching up. Them being able to play well as scum once, doesn't mean that they'll be able to do it all the time, so tbh I'm a bit skeptical...
I'll look through his games when I finish catching up though, you never know

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ProtoZigg » Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Qvapil wrote:Proto any chance you're actually going to explain your reads?

no need too
they explain themselves

Cupcake screams scum
Phone screams scum
dont make me waste my time my friend
I know you're town so it shouldnt matter to you right? haha exactly.
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue May 14, 2019 2:15 pm

I suppose the two leading choices are crimson and cupcake.

I understand cupcake's read but why phone too?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads