Give the dead a way to tell when there is a Medium or Retri

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Give the dead a way to tell when there is a Medium or Retri

Postby Itsaluigi » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:20 pm

It's very annoying when you're one of these roles and the dead leave immediately before you can even do anything.
Maybe put a little prompt under the "You have died!" message telling you who's there, or put a little symbol next to their name.
Itsaluigi

Re: Give the dead a way to tell when there is a Medium or Re

Postby Mikemk » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:20 pm

There is a message that says, "You have died, but don't leave yet, there might be a medium or a retributionist" the first few times.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Villagerlover » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:34 pm

This is an awful idea.
It just confirms the presence of Mediums and Retributionists. Town already has enough ways to confirm others.
People just need to learn to be more patient.

Mikemk wrote:There is a message that says, "You have died, but don't leave yet, there might be a medium or a retributionist" the first few times.

No there isn't.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Mikemk » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Villagerlover wrote:
Mikemk wrote:There is a message that says, "You have died, but don't leave yet, there might be a medium or a retributionist" the first few times.

No there isn't.

Yes there is. I'm not going to create a new account to show you, but trust me, there is.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby MoustachioMario » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:30 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:
Mikemk wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:

No there isn't.

Yes there is. I'm not going to create a new account to show you, but trust me, there is.

Um, no. There is not and never has been such a message.

turn on tips again
Games Won
Spoiler:
SFM63
The Godfather
[Survived]

Games Lost
Spoiler:
NFMNFM3
The Consigliere
[Lynched Day Four]
MoustachioMario
Doctor
Doctor

Postby shelboo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:58 pm

OP's suggestion was:
Maybe put a little prompt under the "You have died!" message telling you who's there, or put a little symbol next to their name.

This currently is not in place. OP's suggestion implies that every time you die, presumably as a townie, you will get some sort of a message. Anyone can browse through the game's files to see the leave warning messages which are:

"Leave the game? (You will not be awarded merit points if you leave early.)"

"You can still help your team! Are you sure you want to leave? (You will not be awarded merit points and you may have to wait before you can join another game if you leave now.)

The tips aren't really that relevant to this suggestion.

With that said, I don't think it'll do much. It wouldn't be good if the game let players know that there is a Medium or Ret. Maybe you're the first townie dead and on Night 2, you're trying to communicate to the Medium. No one is responding. Is there a Medium or not? Well, there is. It's just that the Medium was jailed. It would be an unfair advantage for Townies to know for sure if there is a Ret or Medium.

A warning message that there could be one? Yeah, no harm in that but ultimately players will ignore it. Those who are team players will stick around and those who aren't will continue to leave games.
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby Villagerlover » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:50 pm

Mikemk wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:

No there isn't.

I've been playing this game since June of 2015.
There has never been a message like this, ever. So no, I don't trust you lol.
There will never be one either. It's a bad idea since it will ultimately help town, and isn't really effective on getting people to stay anyway, as shelboo has mentioned.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Sylek » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 am

Villagerlover wrote:
Mikemk wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:

No there isn't.

There will never be one either. It's a bad idea since it will ultimately help town, and isn't really effective on getting people to stay anyway, as shelboo has mentioned.

I don't see how it will outright help town as the player is already dead and cannot directly communicate to the town. If there is a medium who does its job, town can (and already does) try to confirm the exact number and relay that information. Then if there is a ret, that revived town can then relay that information themselves. If the message is displayed only to a player who has died in the manner of:
"You have died."
"There is a medium or retributionist."
then town itself is still unaware until those particular roles reveal themselves.

I won't say this idea will actually be effective in getting people to say, as I personally think Medium is generally useless.
Sylek
Witch
Witch

Postby Mikemk » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Villagerlover wrote:
Mikemk wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:

No there isn't.

Maybe that's why you've never seen it. I assure you, the message is there, but only for new players.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Sylek » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Mikemk wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
Mikemk wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:

No there isn't.

Maybe that's why you've never seen it. I assure you, the message is there, but only for new players.

Regardless of whether or not this message exists, the way you're saying it's phrased is that there may or may not be a med/ret in the particular game. Just that the roles exist in general and affect the dead. This thread is to tell the dead "hey, there is med/ret in this game with you."
Sylek
Witch
Witch

Postby Mikemk » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:18 pm

/nosupport because it confirms roles.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:23 am

I still get that message, it exists. Most players who die will stay for a night or 2 to see if theres a medium/ret. Those who leave straight away, obviously dont care if theres a medium or ret, or have no info to pass on anyway, especially early game
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby MoustachioMario » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 am

Mikemk wrote:/nosupport because it confirms roles.

I don't see how it confirms roles.

the message:

"You have a feeling there is a medium or retributionist."

doesn't tell you which one is in the town.
Games Won
Spoiler:
SFM63
The Godfather
[Survived]

Games Lost
Spoiler:
NFMNFM3
The Consigliere
[Lynched Day Four]
MoustachioMario
Doctor
Doctor

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:12 am

MoustachioMario wrote:

The message: "You have a feeling there is a medium or retributionist." doesn't tell you which one is in the town.
Step 1: be a Medium
Step 2: Someone else claims Medium/Ret in day chat
Step 3: You die
Step 4: You don’t see the message that there is a medium, because the only one (you) is dead
Step 5: You seance a townie and tell them that there’s no medium
Step 6: The other medium/ret claim is confirmed pants-on-fire and gets hanged
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MoustachioMario » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:36 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
MoustachioMario wrote:

The message: "You have a feeling there is a medium or retributionist." doesn't tell you which one is in the town.
Step 4: You don’t see the message that there is a medium, because the only one (you) is dead

You still can get the other medium lynched without the message

The other medium doesn't post at night, you seance a townie and say "hey they haven't spoke to the dead at all"

They get lynched
Games Won
Spoiler:
SFM63
The Godfather
[Survived]

Games Lost
Spoiler:
NFMNFM3
The Consigliere
[Lynched Day Four]
MoustachioMario
Doctor
Doctor

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 am

MoustachioMario wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:
MoustachioMario wrote:

You still can get the other medium lynched without the message

The other medium doesn't post at night, you seance a townie and say "hey they haven't spoke to the dead at all"

They get lynched
Yes, but...
- This doesn’t work with Ret fake claims. Most Rets wouldn’t revive a Medium, and they can’t talk to the dead so you can’ use that as a test.
- Not having the message buys the Medium fake-claim a night to pretend to be Medium. If the message was there, the dead Medium would know instantly that the other claim was a fake, so they’d get outed faster.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ElderSivart » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:13 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
MoustachioMario wrote:

Make it so that the message shows up if Medium/Ret exists in the game, and not if a Medium/Ret is alive, and that fixes this problem. The dead Medium will get the message because they themselves are Medium.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:24 am

ElderSivart wrote:Make it so that the message shows up if Medium/Ret exists in the game, and not if a Medium/Ret is alive, and that fixes this problem. The dead Medium will get the message because they themselves are Medium.
But then, once any Medium or Retributionist dies, the message is rendered meaningless. The entire point of having the message in the first place is so that a dead person doesn’t have to wait a night to determine if it’s worth sticking around, but with this change they’d have to wait anyway.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ElderSivart » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:29 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
ElderSivart wrote:Make it so that the message shows up if Medium/Ret exists in the game, and not if a Medium/Ret is alive, and that fixes this problem. The dead Medium will get the message because they themselves are Medium.
But then, once any Medium or Retributionist dies, the message is rendered meaningless. The entire point of having the message in the first place is so that a dead person doesn’t have to wait a night to determine if it’s worth sticking around, but with this change they’d have to wait anyway.

I'd argue it's still better than not having it at all.

If the message doesn't pop up, you can leave. If it does, wait.

Currently you have to wait no matter what.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Flavorable » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:44 am

ElderSivart wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:

I'd argue it's still better than not having it at all.

If the message doesn't pop up, you can leave. If it does, wait.

Currently you have to wait no matter what.

No one's ever died from waiting out till a game is done.

As for the general idea.. I am against this for a multitude of reasons, some being:

- It's unnecessary.
- If there's a message saying there is a Ret/Med, silent meds are suddenly no longer a valid strategy.
- "All town are leaving.. Guess all Med/Ret claims are fake!"
- Encouraging leaving a match prematurely is always a bad idea.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zyprexa2024 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:13 am

Mikemk wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
Mikemk wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:

No there isn't.

he's right, it's a tip those things that pop up for a while when you are first playing, but also this is completely irrelevant to the discussion. I like the idea of a "there is a medium or retributionist" message when you die and there is. This is a thing that would help town, and town right now doesn't need a buff.
Zyprexa2024
Survivor
Survivor

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:52 am

:idea: There actually is a way to tell if theres a medium in game....wait 30 seconds until the night phase, and see if one speaks :idea: :idea: :idea:
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Transcender » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:16 pm

kyuss420 wrote::idea: There actually is a way to tell if theres a medium in game....wait 30 seconds until the night phase, and see if one speaks :idea: :idea: :idea:

you heard of inpatience
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Villagerlover » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Google wrote:
kyuss420 wrote::idea: There actually is a way to tell if theres a medium in game....wait 30 seconds until the night phase, and see if one speaks :idea: :idea: :idea:

you heard of inpatience

Not the game's fault
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Sylek » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Doesn't do anything for a Retribuitionist. If Medium is jailed it doesn't work. But, I suppose leavers are just going to leave. I've seen Jesters get lynched successfully, and then leave before they can claim their win.
Sylek
Witch
Witch

Next

Return to Suggestions