Stagnation

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Stagnation

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:06 am

MysticMismagius wrote:Since when was Jester “not a ranked role”? I’m pretty sure it appears in 1/3 of all Ranked games.

Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Silver1906 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:56 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.

BMG: We're going to nerf Transporter in the next update.

Everyone Else: Transporter either shouldn't be in the game or be a Neutral Benign role, nerfing it when it shouldn't be in ranked is pointless!

BMG: ?
Silver1906

Postby Transcender » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:04 am

Silver1906 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.

BMG: We're going to nerf Transporter in the next update.

Everyone Else: Transporter either shouldn't be in the game or be a Neutral Benign role, nerfing it when it shouldn't be in ranked is pointless!

BMG: ?

No One:
The One Person Who Has Played The Game Once:MaKE tRAnsPorTEr neUTraL
Everybody Else: M E M E T I M E

no one wanted it boi
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Villagerlover » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:18 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:Since when was Jester “not a ranked role”? I’m pretty sure it appears in 1/3 of all Ranked games.

Its NB or NC. You don’t balance the game around roles which shouldn’t exist (in Ranked) in the first place. It should be common sense.

It is a bad sense only in your mind.
Transporter is a very viable role in ranked, it just needs editing really badly.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:51 pm

Villagerlover wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:

Transporter is a very viable role in ranked, it just needs editing really badly.

Dont be ignorant, i never once talked about Trans. I don’t know what the fuck Anyone else is going on about.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Villagerlover » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:23 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:

Dont be ignorant, i never once talked about Trans. I don’t know what the fuck Anyone else is going on about.

Well maybe if you actually read and processed what people typed out on here then you could get a good idea of why you're wrong.
The transporter is very much needing change in the sense of a nerf. That doesn't mean it can't be in Ranked.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:45 am

@Villagerlover the post from Basic that I quoted was clearly talking about Arso, Sheriff, Vamps, and Jester. Not Trans. Idk where you got that from.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 am

MysticMismagius wrote:@Villagerlover the post from Basic that I quoted was clearly talking about Arso, Sheriff, Vamps, and Jester. Not Trans. Idk where you got that from.

this papa

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby PinkiePieStyle2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Wait, has BMG ever come forward to say the Transporter needs to get a nerf? Does anyone have a link to that? I honestly think that level of thinking is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the company that thought the psychic was a balanced role.
PinkiePieStyle2
Executioner
Executioner

Postby BasicFourLife » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:45 am

PinkiePieStyle2 wrote:Wait, has BMG ever come forward to say the Transporter needs to get a nerf? Does anyone have a link to that? I honestly think that level of thinking is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the company that thought the psychic was a balanced role.

Nope. Instead they have tried to buff the Transporter.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:03 am

PinkiePieStyle2 wrote:Wait, has BMG ever come forward to say the Transporter needs to get a nerf? Does anyone have a link to that? I honestly think that level of thinking is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the company that thought the psychic was a balanced role.

To be fair

Balance isn't really the issue there :lol:
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Brilliand » Fri May 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Wow this went downhill. Uh, let's see...

The vamp change was necessary for Dracula's Palace to be a thing. It hardly affects All Any at all. Hence, I wouldn't consider that change a balance patch, but rather a content update.

Jester exists in ranked. Removing it is a proposal, not the True Nature of the Game.

I'm not sure what all the stuff about Transporter is about, but I'd like to point out the fact that this thread is about "Stagnation". On that topic: I think it would help a lot for the devs to talk more about what changes the devs *want* to make. Just some (frequent) comments from the devs on whether particular ideas are maybe good, definitely good, or definitely not going to happen would go a long way toward raising the level of discussion on this forum.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Previous

Return to Feedback