Disguiser Boost

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Disguiser Boost

Postby Denuran » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:04 am

I'm thinking that for disguiser... It has a lot of potential to become a very OP role... Here are 2 ideas that I think would make disguiser OP.

1. If you disg as someone, you can stay as their role for 2-3 nights (depending on how long you guys want it to be) when you don't disguise again. So In other words if a sheriff dies and i disguised as him, I can stay as sheriff for 2-3 nights if i don't pick a target to disguise as.

2.This is the best idea that I could've think of... LET THE RETRI BE ABLE TO RES A DISGUISER IF THEY DIDN'T KNOW THAT HE WAS A DISG. I think that would be very Good since people always complain about retri.
Have you seen any other ninja?
Denuran
Lookout
Lookout

Re: Disguiser Boost

Postby EoinTheBestGuy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:21 pm

ShadowsGather wrote:I particularly like the second one. These would be nice buffs.

The second idea would be game-changing. It would be amazing to see a game play out like that. and not auto-confirm which dead are disguisers. Also, this gives a chance for mafia still alive to get a revived player lynched for being / accusing them as a disguiser, rather than them being 100% confirmed.
EoinTheBestGuy

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:28 am

Bad. Oversuggested. Useless. Situational. Unoriginal.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Mace8937 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:13 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Bad. Oversuggested. Useless. Situational. Unoriginal.

Aren't most abilities of roles situational? Yet they work and are good for the game.

This is a nice addition and is actually useful for mafia if Disguiser plays well.
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby fwogcarf » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:56 pm

Otherwise known as BOUSU
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:22 am

#2 is a good idea that has been suggested many times and wouldn't change very much really.

Oversuggested. Situational.

But not Bad, and not Useless (just not enough).

I'm not sure about calling it "unoriginal", because I don't think all suggestions need to be original anyway.

#1 is... likewise a good idea that wouldn't be enough. I don't think I've seen it suggested before, though it seems fairly obvious?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Denuran » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 am

Brilliand wrote:#2 is a good idea that has been suggested many times and wouldn't change very much really.

Oversuggested. Situational.

But not Bad, and not Useless (just not enough).

I'm not sure about calling it "unoriginal", because I don't think all suggestions need to be original anyway.

#1 is... likewise a good idea that wouldn't be enough. I don't think I've seen it suggested before, though it seems fairly obvious?

But if you disg as the person for at least 2 days and not 3 i think that would be good so then it can trick spy as well if you arent keep visiting the same person
Denuran
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Transcender » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:28 am

Mace8937 wrote:

Aren't most abilities of roles situational? Yet they work and are good for the game.

This is a nice addition and is actually useful for mafia if Disguiser plays well.

you be talking to hidden

I like this. Stay a role for 3 nights if you dont pick a new one would be cool, and as well as retri, vig should die from guilt as they dont know it aint town
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Brilliand » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 am

Google wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:

you be talking to hidden

I like this. Stay a role for 3 nights if you dont pick a new one would be cool, and as well as retri, vig should die from guilt as they dont know it aint town

Also Jailor!

...and then everyone reports the Disguiser for gamethrowing.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Transcender » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 am

Brilliand wrote:
Google wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:

you be talking to hidden

Also Jailor!

jailor would be too op
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Denuran » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Google wrote:
Mace8937 wrote:

you be talking to hidden

Also Jailor!

Lol but if he's not town it wouldn't be valid, bu it sohuld be more believable hence a vigi dying regardless
Denuran
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Brilliand » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Denuran wrote:Lol but if he's not town it wouldn't be valid, bu it sohuld be more believable hence a vigi dying regardless

Am I the only one who thinks a Vigilante dying is a more severe penalty than a Jailor losing his executes?

Anyone who flips as town should trigger "killed town" penalties - this makes sense to me.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Denuran » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Denuran wrote:Lol but if he's not town it wouldn't be valid, bu it sohuld be more believable hence a vigi dying regardless

Am I the only one who thinks a Vigilante dying is a more severe penalty than a Jailor losing his executes?

Anyone who flips as town should trigger "killed town" penalties - this makes sense to me.

Yeah, the jailor losing exes shouldnt work but vig dying to the vig should be one but it would be lame if the disg random disgs, so how about if the vig shoots them on the second day if they didnt change their disguise? that would be more fair
Denuran
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Brilliand » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Denuran wrote:how about if the vig shoots them on the second day if they didnt change their disguise?

Huh? How would that work?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Denuran » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Denuran wrote:how about if the vig shoots them on the second day if they didnt change their disguise?

Huh? How would that work?

Okay lets say on n1 I disg as a sheriff, then the same night that sheriff dies.... and that was the only sheriff in the game, The new disg now has no other sheriffs to disg as... so you can now have the ability to choose if you want to keep disguised as a sheriff for one more night.. for n2 as well and if you die d3 you would show up as sheriff, if a vigi shoots you n2 they die but not n1 since you just disguised as the person, n3 now if you do nothing you will go back to being a disguiser
Denuran
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Brilliand » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:15 pm

So a Disguiser who visited the night he was shot flips town but doesn't punish the vig... while a Disguiser who didn't visit that night (but did the previous night) flips town and also kills the vig?

That sounds needlessly convoluted.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas