Stop Losing ELO Whenever You Quit in Ranked

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Stop Losing ELO Whenever You Quit in Ranked

Postby DestructionII » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:43 pm

Sooo I have been playing Ranked for about 2 years now and there is something I am noticing and kind of bothers me. Whenever I disconnect, I lose 30 ELO. Oh for crying out loud... I get that they did this to discourage players from quitting in the middle of the game, but I can't get to gold rank because I'm one of those victims whose internet randomly disconnects and reloads every hour.

Maybe, instead of losing 30 ELO, if you quit in a middle of a game, the procedure can go as it follows:

Quit 1 Ranked Game: 10 Minute Penalty
Quit 2 Ranked Games in a Period of 0-60 Minutes: 30 Minute Penalty
Quit 3 Ranked Games in a Period of 0-120 Minutes: Lose 30 ELO+60 Minute Penalty
Quit 4+ Ranked Games: Lose 30 ELO+1 Day Penalty
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Stop Losing ELO Whenever You Quit in Ranked

Postby jucktropy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:20 am

i mean i like this idea 4 Phase Of Actions & In Master Elo it decrease to -15
ImageDark Wings Rise.Image

Spoiler: ImageRanked Elo 2500 Fav Town/NE Roles:
Investigator,Jester,Jailor,Transporter,VampireHunter,Witch

Fav Mafia/Coven/NK Roles:
Godfather,Blackmailer,Consort,WereWolf,Necromancer,PotionMasterImage

ImageDiscord:Scroller#4823Image
Spoiler: Image

jucktropy
Halloween 2019 Winner
Halloween 2019 Winner

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 pm

Kirize12 wrote:If you disconnect every hour, you have no business playing

^ If don't have a stable connection then you ruin games constantly.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby DestructionII » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Kirize12 wrote:If you disconnect every hour, you have no business playing Ranked in the slightest.

Fix your internet connection. BMG is a company, they have no time for your selfishness.

Sorry, but I don't take unsolicited advice from people who speak on behalf of a company they do not even work for. Thanks anyway.

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby ElderSivart » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 pm

DestructionII wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:If you disconnect every hour, you have no business playing Ranked in the slightest.

Fix your internet connection. BMG is a company, they have no time for your selfishness.

Sorry, but I don't take unsolicited advice from people who speak on behalf of a company they do not even work for. Thanks anyway.

ok but what about shape's response that literally said the same thing lol
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Atalanta8 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Yeah tell me about it. I was going to win this game but now it's -30 ELO instead. This happens ofen enough that it's drastically dwindeling my ELO. It's not my connection. Everything else works just fine. I dunno what's going on but I'll be down to 0 if it does. And clearly I'm not leaving on purpose. https://imgur.com/a/gZxUu8w
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Postby Flavorable » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:53 am

Atalanta8 wrote:Yeah tell me about it. I was going to win this game but now it's -30 ELO instead. This happens ofen enough that it's drastically dwindeling my ELO. It's not my connection. Everything else works just fine. I dunno what's going on but I'll be down to 0 if it does. And clearly I'm not leaving on purpose. https://imgur.com/a/gZxUu8w

The thing is with Flash, that even a short loss of connection, which you won't normally notice on a lot of other programs, since they have a latency buffer, Flash just disconnects. Not to mention Flash is dying.

But the complaints about leavers, in Ranked especially, have become so significant that something -had- to be done about it. As annoying as it may be for you to disconnect, it's also bad for the other 14 people you play with, since your disconnect upsets the entire gamebalance.
Add to that that the game can't distinguish between freezing or leaving on purpose, since they're both basically the same thing, you no longer have a connection to the server.

Most of these issues will be fixed or significantly lessened when the port to Unity is done and the "sanctions" that are in place now are a placeholder for the upcoming new leaverbuster system which should come at a certain point in the future.

In the meantime, what you can try are the following things to (hopefully) lessen the disconnects:

For Steam
Reinstall Adobe AIR and make sure you're running Steam with Admin rights.

For browser
Don't use different tabs while having the game open, use a different window instead.
If the game freezes, try resizing the window or moving it around to proverbially kick Flash in the butt.

In general
- WiFi connected: Download a WiFi Analyser on your smartphone and check for the least busy channel, put your router on that channel (never put it on auto).
Also make sure you have QoS (Quality of Service) and Hardware Acceleration turned off, that your Router is in a high and unblocked position and there are no sources of disruption (microwaves, subwoofers, mirrors, etc) around.
- Both for WiFi AND Ethernet cable: Reset your router/modem (keep in mind that network settings will also be reset, such as network name and password), then open ports 843 and 3600 TCP/UPD on your firewall and router.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DestructionII » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:50 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
DestructionII wrote:

You posted on a forum, thus the “advice” is solicited.

I requested for the developers to consider incorporating this change, not for some person to speak on behalf BMG. Plus, it's not my internet that is poor, it's just that it disconnects at a random time. I feel that players who also suffer from this issue should not be given a disadvantage that makes them have to play much more games to ascend their ELO. Yes, it upsets gamebalance, but there are alternative sanctions you can get for constantly leaving a game. The DEV's can even make it a one day penalty, but I disagree with the fact that you lose ELO when you leave the first time.

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Atalanta8 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Flavorable wrote:it's also bad for the other 14 people you play with, since your disconnect upsets the entire gamebalance.

Not true. next game the guy who was maf thanked me for "free win" it was down to Sk vs maf, I prob would have won. Town didn't have a chance at that point.
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Postby James2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:55 am

Federal law prohibits airline pilots from flying while sleep deprived. It doesn't matter if the pilot has a perfectly good reason for being sleep deprived, he is still responsible for not flying in that condition.

Likewise, if you have bad internet (internet which frequently disconnects is bad internet), it is your responsibility to refrain from playing ranked until the issue is resolved. Even if there's nothing you can do about it, that doesn't give you a right to ruin games with impunity.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Anyar » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:35 am

Until the Unity port and/or a way for leavers to reconnect gets implemented, the current system is better.

Please consider that you leaving is making the game worse for your team.

Also, I've never left a single Ranked game due to a wifi disconnect so if you're disconnecting frequently, it's definitely your connection's problem and you should stop playing Ranked.
Anyar
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Atalanta8 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Anyar wrote:Until the Unity port and/or a way for leavers to reconnect gets implemented, the current system is better.

Please consider that you leaving is making the game worse for your team.

Also, I've never left a single Ranked game due to a wifi disconnect so if you're disconnecting frequently, it's definitely your connection's problem and you should stop playing Ranked.

Steam ruined my ranking. I had to switch to desktop play. It's all BS.
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Postby DestructionII » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 pm

James2 wrote:Federal law prohibits airline pilots from flying while sleep deprived. It doesn't matter if the pilot has a perfectly good reason for being sleep deprived, he is still responsible for not flying in that condition.

Likewise, if you have bad internet (internet which frequently disconnects is bad internet), it is your responsibility to refrain from playing ranked until the issue is resolved. Even if there's nothing you can do about it, that doesn't give you a right to ruin games with impunity.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby James2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:51 pm

DestructionII wrote:
James2 wrote:Federal law prohibits airline pilots from flying while sleep deprived. It doesn't matter if the pilot has a perfectly good reason for being sleep deprived, he is still responsible for not flying in that condition.

And you are harming other peoples elo. Stop doing that.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby DestructionII » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:25 am

James2 wrote:
DestructionII wrote:

Sorry if I can't help it. Like I said in my previous posts, my internet randomly disconnects whenever it wants to (I do not know when), it's not me having a slow internet connection. If I did have a slow internet connection, I would have used common sense and choose not to play a Ranked game. If I did disconnect, BMG should have alternative punishments for others who also suffer from this problem. So, you can deduce that this has nothing to do with an airline pilot being sleep deprived and having to not fly an airplane.

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby zzjay » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:28 am

The alternative punishment is
5 leavings in ranked in a month space equals 1 tier suspension. Automatic.
Moderators will still be able to ban you manually, if you cistantly leave too many times.

1 leave =10 min penalty
2= 30
3= 1h + low priority queue (1 or 2 games)
4= 12 hours

Low priority queue= only matched with other players who have left games and are in low priority queue.

Problem is will there be enough players in this queue?
So,it's probably not a good idea in this tyoe of game.
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby James2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:56 am

DestructionII wrote:
James2 wrote:
DestructionII wrote:

Sorry if I can't help it. Like I said in my previous posts, my internet randomly disconnects whenever it wants to (I do not know when), it's not me having a slow internet connection. If I did have a slow internet connection, I would have used common sense and choose not to play a Ranked game. If I did disconnect, BMG should have alternative punishments for others who also suffer from this problem. So, you can deduce that this has nothing to do with an airline pilot being sleep deprived and having to not fly an airplane.

If your internet disconnects enough that your ELO is getting tanked, then stop playing ranked.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby zzjay » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:13 am

KatiyaKramer wrote:Or invest in a better internet connection.

Some places do not have a better internet connection.
Where i live copper cables are shit.
And the optic fiber is not available, so a better internet doesn't exist.
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Yemac » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:28 am

Instead of implementing ELO losses - which means nothing to throwers -, why not just ban the users that consistently leave?
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Transcender » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:13 pm

Yemac wrote:Instead of implementing ELO losses - which means nothing to throwers -, why not just ban the users that consistently leave?

that already happening
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby zzjay » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:27 am

KatiyaKramer wrote:
zzjay wrote:
KatiyaKramer wrote:Or invest in a better internet connection.

Some places do not have a better internet connection.
Where i live copper cables are shit.
And the optic fiber is not available, so a better internet doesn't exist.

As blunt as it is to say it then, if you know you have an unstable internet connection and are prone to disconnects, it may be wise to not play TOS at all. It's not fair to the other 14 players in the game if someone comes in and disconnects on D3 because their internet is horrible.

I don't disconnect...i just don't have high speed upload and download...
I cannot stream,or upload big files.

Just saying people cannot get what is not available for them.
Had you followed the discussion you'd know what i am saying.

This topic is outdated.
With the unity port and, the abandonment of flash player, there will be a lot less accidental disconnections ( even with browser).
They could have just waited and implemented it later,whe new rules against afks will be implemented.

This elo penalty also helped with the people quitting to avoid giving jesters a win.
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Next

Return to Suggestions