Witch needs to win regardless if she is dead if evils win.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Witch needs to win regardless if she is dead if evils win.

Postby Atalanta8 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:44 pm

I f***ing kill BG and vig in one go. Prevent Jailor from killing evil. Then evils vote me for shits and giggles and that evil I saved from exe wins the game and I lose cause some people are jerks. This is BS!!!!

Please make witch win with evils even if she dead cause people are assholes.

Thank you.
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Re: Witch needs to win regardless if she is dead if evils wi

Postby Shyyster » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:51 pm

So a witch that dies D2 by lynching or being executed N2 should be given a win after evils manage to win without them? Sounds unfair.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:23 pm

If this happens the witch would likely get sizable nerfs. She has roughly a 50% win rate currently.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Atalanta8 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Flake wrote:The most unfair aspect about Witch is having no incentive to not out information they have collected (often helping the Town massively, usually by outing evil players) once dead. While allowing the Witch to win with evils while dead seems like a logical option which remedies many unfair instances (including the main one which I previously stated), it should be noted that many new unfair elements would arise, including all examples similar to what Shyyster gave.

The most simple change to Witch which is objectively effective in decreasing unfair elements involved in my opinion would be to have the Witch's last will not flip upon death. This means that the main form of communication from the now dead Witch and the public has disappeared, and thus the information they have gained cannot be communicated to the public through Last Wills. There is really no loss in making the Witch's last will not flip upon death, since her win chance is not affected by information she is giving out. There are other more situational instances in which the Witch could convey their information to the public when dead, including through an alive Medium, through a dead Medium via seance, or through a resurrected player, though these seem more tricky to fix without detrimental effects in other aspects.

The game needs a notepad and a will. That would solve the will issue. And I don't see that issue in high ELO. The biggest issue I see is the one I described. People just being dicks cause they can (it won't effect their own win). I see it happen and clearly it happens to me too. It's not an isolated incident.
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Postby Atalanta8 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Shyyster wrote:So a witch that dies D2 by lynching or being executed N2 should be given a win after evils manage to win without them? Sounds unfair.

Evils now at a great disadvantage and witch needs to waste 20 mins of her time to not lose -15 elo so yeah why not? What's the big deal? Better give wins to witches who die D2 than have witches that try and cinch the win for evils just to be voted off by said evils just cause it won't effect them and they are assholes.

Wouldn't the positive outweigh the negative?
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Postby Atalanta8 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:12 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:If this happens the witch would likely get sizable nerfs. She has roughly a 50% win rate currently.

I most definitely don't win 50% with witch.
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Postby Mikemk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:27 am

Atalanta8 wrote:
shapesifter13 wrote:If this happens the witch would likely get sizable nerfs. She has roughly a 50% win rate currently.

I win, by my estimation, about 85% of games I play as Witch, definitely the easiest role by a long shot IMO. I'm shocked that the average is only 50%. Guess it depends on the player.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Atalanta8 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Mikemk wrote:
Atalanta8 wrote:

I win, by my estimation, about 85% of games I play as Witch, definitely the easiest role by a long shot IMO. I'm shocked that the average is only 50%. Guess it depends on the player.

Maf tends to target me N1 as NE for some reason I die D2 often.
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Postby Mikemk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:22 pm

You might want to change your username, sounds like you have a particularly baity username.

Or perhaps people recognize you as a good player and kill you to make the game easier
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby James2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:30 am

You being salty about losing is not a valid reason for changing game mechanics.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 am

Flake wrote:There is really no loss in making the Witch's last will not flip upon death, since her win chance is not affected by information she is giving out.

Removing the witch's will would be a drastic nerf. It's one of the main things deterring the mafia from killing the witch.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Mikemk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:24 am

James2 wrote:
Flake wrote:There is really no loss in making the Witch's last will not flip upon death, since her win chance is not affected by information she is giving out.

Removing the witch's will would be a drastic nerf. It's one of the main things deterring the mafia from killing the witch.

this, right here.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby James2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Flake wrote:it is also true that Mafia/NK killing Witch in many of these circumstances is fair.

No. If the witch has an effective deterrent to being killed then it isn't "fair" that she should die, just so that you can implement a buff to the mafia.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Flake wrote:Also, the incentive of doing this would not be to give Mafia a buff, and you know that.

The only argument you've presented for this idea is that it would buff the mafia (and NK) by preventing the witch from outing them. If the mafia feel the need to kill the witch, they should have to bear the potential consequences of doing so. Increasing mafia win rates is not a valid argument for imposing a disability on the witch.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BasicFourLife » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:14 am

Shyyster wrote:So a witch that dies D2 by lynching or being executed N2 should be given a win after evils manage to win without them? Sounds unfair.

Mafia can die N1 and still win. Your point?

You can start by getting rid of her Consig ability, it’s retarded for her to have it in the first place.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby James2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:38 pm

The mafia is a team. The witch is a solo neutral. There's no valid reason for the witch to win while dead.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Transcender » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:11 pm

witch winning while dead would without doubt ruin witch and would be way to op, right?
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby James2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:51 am

Flake wrote:
James2 wrote:
Flake wrote:Also, the incentive of doing this would not be to give Mafia a buff, and you know that.

The only argument you've presented for this idea is that it would buff the mafia (and NK) by preventing the witch from outing them. If the mafia feel the need to kill the witch, they should have to bear the potential consequences of doing so. Increasing mafia win rates is not a valid argument for imposing a disability on the witch.

The argument I've presented is that the unfair elements that can come about by Witch outing Mafia/NK are far more massive than the unfair elements that can come about from Mafia/NK situationally having slightly more incentive to kill the Witch than if she did not have a Last Will. Again, I never once argued that "increasing mafia win rates" is my argument for imposing a very slight nerf on the Witch; making the Witch significantly more fair is my argument for imposing a very slight nerf on the Witch.

The possibility of the mafia or NK being caught and exposed by another faction is not an "unfair element". As I said to the OP, increasing the win rates of one faction is not a valid argument for disabling another.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Mikemk » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:48 am

BasicFourLife wrote:You can start by getting rid of her Consig ability, it’s retarded for her to have it in the first place.

Actually, only consig ability would work better than only controlling, since she could find out who she wins with.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Anyar » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 am

I mostly agree with Flake.

Well, not necessarily the part about Witch wills. More importantly the game could use a notepad feature that's shown to no one so she can write down Mafia names without exposing them needlessly.

But the Witch does have no reason whatsoever to be talking after dying. Like other NEs (excepting a lynched Jester), they might as well leave as soon as they're in the grave instead of staying and potentially giving info to Meds out of spite.
Anyar
Lookout
Lookout

Postby James2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:33 am

Flake wrote:
James2 wrote:The possibility of the mafia or NK being caught and exposed by another faction is not an "unfair element".

For Witch it is in many cases.

No. Having to engage in diplomacy with neutrals is not an "unfair element". Neutrals siding against you is not an "unfair element". This is no different from any other salty kingmaker scenario.

Also, giving away your mafia teammates to someone outside the mafia is a stupid. Losing because of your own or a teammates stupidity is not an "unfair element".
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:23 pm

The possibility of losing is not unfair.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Perhaps instead of playing against 14 other people, each ToS player should just play against 14 NPCs. That way, their win/loss ratio wouldn't be affected in any way by their people.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:10 pm

In case the point is still lost on you, diplomacy is one of the social skills required for Town of Salem. Those who have it will, in the aggregate, win more kingmaker scenarios than those who don't.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Atalanta8 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Anyar wrote: they might as well leave as soon as they're in the grave instead of staying and potentially giving info to Meds out of spite.

And lose -15 elo for doing so.
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Next

Return to Suggestions