Trash.

Put any feedback about the game here.

Trash.

Postby Melmelsaurus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:48 am

Town of salem is now a completely trash game. Ranked is so unbareable to play.
High ranked players are ending up in games with silvers and bronzes, this is extremely frustrating when these players make stupid mistakes.
Ranked is not balanced at all.
The meta’s and tactics are absolute garbage, way too many players are using past experiences to encourage their actions.

Example:
The last game I played. I was retributionist. Although I say meta’s are trash i used the day one “tp/lo on me”. The next day, the town was hanging a evil person but they were acting like jester and although I whispered the outed jailor that I was retributionist, he still jailed me because I voted innocent. This was extremely frustrating as I ended up disconnecting but I couldn’t even do my one job as retributionist because last game the serial killer claimed Ret. that’s the only reason I was jailed.

The game before this. I was vigilante. The sheriff says day 2 that I’m innocent but players still pushed for a role, on stand I claimed vigilante and there was a counter claim. Although this sheriff was pushing the other vigilante, I wasn’t going to do anything as it was so early game. But that vigilante shot me and I was witched into shooting the confirmed spy. In dead chat, this vigilante was telling me that I was suspicious because this player said I was inno, asked for a role and was trying to push the counter claim along with me having a mafioso claim. So this vigilante shots night 2 because of this sheriff trying to confirm roles, and since I didn’t claim a NK/NE/GF role I was pretty much confirmed in this sheriff eyes. Long story short, this player was actually sheriff.

Something really needs to happen with the ranked games because not one game I’ve had in so long has been good. And as a masters player, I would love to have challenging close games.. not this trash.
Melmelsaurus
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Trash.

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:48 am

The only part I agree with is that Town of Salem is trash.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:42 am

HIDDEN CAN YOU STOP TRYING TO TAKE DOWN THE FORUMS WITH TOXIC POSTS FOR GOD SAKES

Yeah, its hard to stop player made metas and strats because, well they're player made
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am

In my opinion the way to deal with this is to educate players

Have guides to how to play roles effectively listed in the game, etc.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:In my opinion the way to deal with this is to educate players

Have guides to how to play roles effectively listed in the game, etc.
Agreed. I would like to add that an in-game strategy guide should include different strategies for different game modes. Not all modes are created equal, and strats that work on some modes won’t work on others.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Flavorable » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:49 pm

The problem with in-game guides is that it forces a meta on new players, which should not be the way the game is supposed to be played.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:37 pm

You shouldn't have to teach people common sense.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:17 pm

@Flavorable, strategy guides have existed since the dawn of gaming, even for PvP games. A game that heavily depends on strategy could benefit from, at a minimum, more strategic tips.

@BasicFourLife, a good chunk of things that seem like “common sense” to experienced players are only such because we learned them, through experience. There’s a lot of things the game just doesn’t tell people. It would make for a better experience for everyone if noobs were taught these things, rather than being expected to “just know” them by the time they played 50 games and got into Ranked.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:55 am

MysticMismagius wrote:@Flavorable, strategy guides have existed since the dawn of gaming, even for PvP games. A game that heavily depends on strategy could benefit from, at a minimum, more strategic tips.

@BasicFourLife, a good chunk of things that seem like “common sense” to experienced players are only such because we learned them, through experience. There’s a lot of things the game just doesn’t tell people. It would make for a better experience for everyone if noobs were taught these things, rather than being expected to “just know” them by the time they played 50 games and got into Ranked.

There is no “we”.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:12 am

MysticMismagius wrote:@Flavorable, strategy guides have existed since the dawn of gaming, even for PvP games. A game that heavily depends on strategy could benefit from, at a minimum, more strategic tips.

Rule 6. You cant change hidden's mind. ever.
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:48 am

BasicFourLife wrote:There is no “we”.
I love how you zeroed in on that one word and didn’t listen to anything else I had to say. I’ll rewrite the sentence if it bothers you that much.

“a good chunk of things that seem like “common sense” to experienced players are only such because those players learned them, through experience.”

Now please stop being pedantic and address my actual point.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:44 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:There is no “we”.
I love how you zeroed in on that one word and didn’t listen to anything else I had to say. I’ll rewrite the sentence if it bothers you that much.

“a good chunk of things that seem like “common sense” to experienced players are only such because those players learned them, through experience.”

Now please stop being pedantic and address my actual point.

no

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jerme » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:40 pm

@BasicFourLife: Please add more content to your posts, instead of a few words. When you disagree, please provide a reasoning instead. Otherwise you are on the way to break Forum rule 7.

@Topic: There are rare cases in which the rating difference is high, as usually the queue tries to match players with a similar rating, but there migth be times in which there are not enough high rated players to fill a match, thus lower ranked player were added. Otherwise you might be wating a longer time, mostly until a high ranked match is over.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:21 am

Problem is, I can tell newer players basic role mechanics, but they will argue against them til the game ends, even if other players are also telling them the same basic mechanics, my favourites are ''crusader doesnt protect from medusa, if you visit them'' '' crusader only protects from 1 attack'' ''getting the attacked and healed message twice, means you were attacked once and healed twice, not healed once and attacked twice''

Oh, and the best one of all ''I was transported, so my target changed, i could of visited anyone''

Even a basic guide on attack strength vs defence strengths might be handy for some people
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Flavorable » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:54 am

kyuss420 wrote:Problem is, I can tell newer players basic role mechanics, but they will argue against them til the game ends, even if other players are also telling them the same basic mechanics, my favourites are ''crusader doesnt protect from medusa, if you visit them'' '' crusader only protects from 1 attack'' ''getting the attacked and healed message twice, means you were attacked once and healed twice, not healed once and attacked twice''

Oh, and the best one of all ''I was transported, so my target changed, i could of visited anyone''

Even a basic guide on attack strength vs defence strengths might be handy for some people

But let's be fair... Do you really think most people would take the time to read through that? Generally, this isn't info that people don't give others ingame and it's also available on the Wiki. A lot of people don't even bother reading the rules, why would they bother with anything else?
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:52 am

You can’t force people to do anything, but having the guide in the game itself will make it more convenient to access that information. You wouldn’t have to open up another page to go to the wiki. You wouldn’t have to dig through years of patch notes to find the one patch out of hundreds where Werewolf got defense all the time instead of only on full moon nights. You wouldn’t have to embarrass yourself by only ever learning about a game mechanic after you get mislynched for it. (‘Cause let’s be real, not even the wiki tells you everything. I had to learn some things the hard way even after reading the wiki and watching Youtubers play.) If all of the info is in the game itself, people have less of an excuse to not know basic shit.

Also, I am firmly of the opinion that a wiki, walkthrough, or any other outside resource should not be necessary in order to learn the mechanics of any game. If your solution is “just read the wiki” then the game has failed to teach new players how to play. That needs to be fixed.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby zzjay » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:05 pm

The real problem remains the lack of players.
Bad players are annoying,but they always existed.

Lack of infomations regarding mechanics and behaviour rules kill this game.
I mean make rules where claiming i claimed yesterday is not a claim xD.
Make sure everybody knows stalemate rules without having experianced them and so on...

Yet this will not eradicate the problem of bad players...but maybe will help the playerbase grow.
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Flavorable » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:27 am

zzjay wrote:The real problem remains the lack of players.

Make sure everybody knows stalemate rules without having experianced them and so on...

Yet this will not eradicate the problem of bad players...but maybe will help the playerbase grow.

If you ban every player that doesn't immediately know the mechanics, or ban them for not playing according to the meta a people want to bully them into, how is that appealing, AT ALL, to any new players?

"Don't play this game, they ban you for not immediately knowing some game mechanics! Not to mention they require you to do a whole bunch of reading up on every little thing in the game ever before playing, otherwise, if you don't know absolutely everything, they ban you!"

I don't see how that would make the game any better, nor how it would make the game appealing to anyone new.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby zzjay » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Flavorable wrote:
zzjay wrote:The real problem remains the lack of players.

If you ban every player that doesn't immediately know the mechanics, or ban them for not playing according to the meta a people want to bully them into, how is that appealing, AT ALL, to any new players?

"Don't play this game, they ban you for not immediately knowing some game mechanics! Not to mention they require you to do a whole bunch of reading up on every little thing in the game ever before playing, otherwise, if you don't know absolutely everything, they ban you!"

I don't see how that would make the game any better, nor how it would make the game appealing to anyone new.

Bad attitude is not a game mechanic.
When you ask someone for a role and a will, in any mode but classic you expect an amswer,and not a fuck you i won't say.

Also well if rules were written you cpuld tell someone ingame that doesn't believe what you are saying to google it up,instead of calling you a liar
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:45 am

Flavorable wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:Problem is, I can tell newer players basic role mechanics, but they will argue against them til the game ends, even if other players are also telling them the same basic mechanics, my favourites are ''crusader doesnt protect from medusa, if you visit them'' '' crusader only protects from 1 attack'' ''getting the attacked and healed message twice, means you were attacked once and healed twice, not healed once and attacked twice''

But let's be fair... Do you really think most people would take the time to read through that? Generally, this isn't info that people don't give others ingame and it's also available on the Wiki. A lot of people don't even bother reading the rules, why would they bother with anything else?

Agree that most people wont read it, but maybe just a link to the wiki would be good. I mean, the ''get help'' button in the settings menu, links to the forums with a ''The requested topic does not exist.''
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Villagerlover » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 pm

Look man.
When you play Town of Salem, you're going to be connected with idiots. It's just gonna happen. There's no way around it. Everyone who's ever played the game long enough will easily have an experience of stupidity or disagreement. That's what ToS is all about. Hysterical catastrophe.

But a few bad experiences here and there doesn't mean something has to get done about it. Players should not be punished for being noobs, nor should they be forced into a meta in ranked games if they choose not to participate.
I still remember a long long time ago during one of my very first few games, I got deceived as a Sheriff in Classic mode because someone appeared to me as a member of the mafia, but when they got lynched, they were a town role. That was when I finally learned about how a Framer works. Did I read the role cards? No. Did I see the role of the Framer in the previous games? Yes. But did I know what exactly it did? No!
People will always learn MORE from their mistakes in comparison to literally any other "solution" we could possibly come up with here. And that's just a fact of this game. Players who are devoted enough will not be noobs forever. We all started off new a some point, so don't you dare overlook that either. I'm can 100% guarantee you that you've made a mistake while playing this game that ruined your own chances of winning and pissed everyone else off. But that's how you gain skill and learn. You grow.

As far as meta statuses, there will always be some form of meta in ranked gameplay, but that's not at all what ToS is about. I'd argue that All Any and Custom are more popular than ranked because it's a lot more fun to play in those modes because at least there isn't going to be a meta when the rolelist is imbalanced or when you can't even determine what the rolelist is at all.

Overall though, is the game trash? No. It's just that players themselves need to be better at playing the game they're paying $5 for instead of just loafing around like they usually do.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby BasicFourLife » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:17 am

Villagerlover wrote:Overall though, is the game trash? No.

That's where you're wrong papa.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Villagerlover » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:23 am

BasicFourLife wrote:

Boi if you keep replyin' like that then you'll be breakin' a lot more than just rule 7
;p
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby BasicFourLife » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:26 am

Villagerlover wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:

Boi if you keep replyin' like that then you'll be breakin' a lot more than just rule 7
;p

you know where i'll be waitin for you

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am

Moderator Message: Public Reminder to not derail the thread. I beleive you two know who I mean.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Feedback