Appealing Fengax

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing Fengax

Postby Fengax » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi,
So apprently I got banned for innapropriate username. I was in a game with the username "Nigber" and the jailor threatened to report me amongst other stuff, so I guess he did at least report me. I am appealing because personally, I don't think the word "Nigber" is offensive, however I understand that it may sound offensive to other people. So I will refrain from using the word "Nig" in my IG usernames from now on.

Also, it is my belief that I haven't had any suspensions. I may have the odd report for spamming or "gamethrowing", but I didn't recall being suspended.
Fengax

Re: Appealing Fengax

Postby TrialBot » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:36 am

Evading the filter to use a racial slur, to which your chosen name counts to imo, is not something you should do.
A racist ign can lead to a permanent ban right away without any previous suspensions.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fengax » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:43 am

Jerme wrote:Evading the filter to use a racial slur, to which your chosen name counts to imo, is not something you should do.
A racist ign can lead to a permanent ban right away without any previous suspensions.

Yes, I agree that it might sound like I am purposely evading the ban on the n-word, however, really it it just a word that has circulated around the internet, like the word "nibba". I really aren't trying to use it to be racist. If I'd really like to evade the ban I would've used a word like Kneeger or something like that.
However, I see that the word that I was using may seem offensive, and I will refrain from using it again should I be unbanned.
Fengax

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:45 am

the word you used as a comparison is also not to be used in the game.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fengax » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:00 am

Jerme wrote:the word you used as a comparison is also not to be used in the game.

Um sorry if I didn't express myself correctly. The word I used as an example to evade censorship of the n-word("kneeger"), is an example of a word that I would've used should I be racist. I was trying to say that the word "nigber", though it can contain links to the n-word, isn't too similar to the n-word and I wasn't trying to purposely bypass the system. My point is that if I really wanted to bypass, I wouldn't have used a word like "nigber", I probably would've used a word like "kneeger" (I have seen people use it, that's why I know it. I do not condone the usage of that word in anyway), as it sounds more like the n-word.

As I said, I do understand that people might find the word "nigber" offensive, and I won't use it ever again. As you can see I don't have any past records of being racist or anything, its just a fun word that I picked upon, not realising how offensive it might seem to other people. I am not trying to be racist.
Fengax

Postby Fengax » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Jerme wrote:the word you used as a comparison is also not to be used in the game.

Hi, just wondering if you got my last comment. Basically, I don't intend on being racist by using that particular nickname, and I definitely wasn't trying to bypass the filter as you suggested. I simply think that permenantly banning someone just for a questionable nickname, which has some link to the n-word, is a bit overkill.

As I said, I will learn my lesson and won't ever use that word in game, as I now understand that it may offend other players.
Fengax

Postby TurdPile » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:15 am

Ban reduced to suspension. Report and strike will remain on your account for future reference.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals