Ban unjustly

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban unjustly

Postby CaptainLowBlow » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:34 am

My last report i was ban for Hate Speech/Harassment. I called someone a p*** boy just once before he was lynched. However it is unfair to ban for just this one comment alone. This is not a racial slur nor did i harass the user. I used this language once this game. It's the equivalent of banning someone for just saying the B word or F word which I've seen used multiple times. On top of this it is unfair to ban me for hate speech/harassment when i was later harassed in the dead chat by the same very players who made this report. So to conclude, i believe i'm owed an appeal considering i only said it once and i myself was harassed much worse in this same very game. Furthermore i will avoid using this language in the future.
Last edited by CaptainLowBlow on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainLowBlow
Jester
Jester

Re: Ban unjustly

Postby TrialBot » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:35 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 am

Be aware that you evaded the softfitler to use the word. Along with that have you already been punished for a similar behaviour, so you already have a history of misbehaving.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CaptainLowBlow » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:52 pm

Jerme wrote:Be aware that you evaded the softfitler to use the word. Along with that have you already been punished for a similar behaviour, so you already have a history of misbehaving.

Well the other hate speech harassment one is justified because i proceeded to continually harass, where as in this one i just said the word once. There are also softfilters for the F and B words which i've seen people evade, but they don't get ban for simply saying those words. Same way this one should not warrant a ban especially when you consider how i was later harassed much worse by the players in dead chat, including the players that made this report. The word is soft-filtered i understand, but so is basically every single swear word. What it should boil down to is whether continual harassment/ and or continual racism, sexism etc occurred which was not the case. Hence i believe this should be appealed and i promise not to use this language in the future.
CaptainLowBlow
Jester
Jester

Postby CaptainLowBlow » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Hey so can i please get unban, as i don't feel like this warrants a ban for the reasons mentioned above. I will also learn from this mistake and no longer use that kinda of language or word.
CaptainLowBlow
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:40 pm

Well you mostly got banned because the latest report was the fourth one that got deemed guilty.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CaptainLowBlow » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:24 pm

that's the one i'm appealing, the fourth one. As i've mentioned simply saying a word that is soft-filtered once does not warrant a guilty, considering basically every swear word is soft-filtered. I did not continue to bad mouth the individual and was later myself harassed and attacked by the players making this report. So for this reason and the ones mentioned above, i believe i deserve an appeal. I promise not to use this word or this kind of language again.
CaptainLowBlow
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:54 pm

You sure are aware that its at least the second time you got caught with using that language? It seems that you haven't learned from past mistakes.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CaptainLowBlow » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:25 pm

The other one was more harrassment more so than saying a single word that is soft-filtered once. That's like banning someone for saying the F word or B word once which would not constitute to harassment.
CaptainLowBlow
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Depends of you mean the F-word or the F-slur...
Keep in mind that those who have already been punished for an offense in that regard are judged harsher for future offenses in the same direction.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CaptainLowBlow » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Jerme wrote:Depends of you mean the F-word or the F-slur...
Keep in mind that those who have already been punished for an offense in that regard are judged harsher for future offenses in the same direction.

Again though how does this constitute to hateful speech or harassment? Simple because i said a soft-filtered word once, while i was harassed by others in dead chat more than once?
CaptainLowBlow
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:09 am

The softfilter exists for a reason, so bypassing it counts as harassment by the rules, as usually only swearwords are covered by it, with some exceptions.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CaptainLowBlow » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:03 pm

Jerme wrote:The softfilter exists for a reason, so bypassing it counts as harassment by the rules, as usually only swearwords are covered by it, with some exceptions.

Then you might as well auto ban anyone bypassing the soft-filter, even if they simply say the F or B word once. Harassment by definition involves being persistent in that type of behavior. I understand why there is a soft-filter, however it's been passed by many users and you honestly cannot say simply saying the F word or B word should warrant a ban. Again if that's the case, might as well auto ban anyone who does so. Furthermore i apologised and said i will not use this type of language again. By the way i would like a verdict on this appeal as i feel like i have a strong case for an appeal and promised not to use this language again
CaptainLowBlow
Jester
Jester

Postby TurdPile » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Report is valid and valid suspensions may not be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals