New role idea!

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

What do you think of the bounty hunter?

I like it!
67%
I think it needs tweaking
33%

Total votes : 6

New role idea!

Postby Jackparrot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:40 am

Hello everyone! I have a new role idea! I hope you are having a good day.

Name: Bounty hunter

Alinement: Neutral (Chaos)

Stats:
Attack: Powerful
Defense: None

Abilities:
You may shoot a player once dealing a Powerful attack

Attributes:
Shooting a player counts as a visit
You will be given a role which you must shoot.
You only have one shot.
You cannot have the plaguebearer as a target.
If there is no more target role, he commits suicide.
If he shoots the wrong person, then he commits suicide.

Goal:
Kill someone who is target role

Invest results: your target could be a vigilante, veteran, Mafioso or bounty hunter
Sheriff: your target seems inno.
Consig: your target hunts for a specific role, they must be the bounty hunter

How this role works:
At the begining of the game, the bounty hunter is given a role which he must shoot. This is the “target role”

If you have any suggestions, questions or other feedback, please comment.
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: New role idea!

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 am

havent criticised a role in a while
fuck it

hitmans just undeniably a better name

this is a shitty form of an executioner and id say borderline impossible to complete or at least really hard
how is he supposed to find the target role? by waiting 6 days for them to come out? without information its gonna have to be a shot in the dark on who you shoot

why do people shit out roles the second it pops into their fucking head
thats stupid
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:10 am

wheres the poll option for "get off these forums"

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 am

I’ve seen this concept like a million times

Pretty much just an anti-claim
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Jackparrot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:49 am

MafiaMenace wrote:

this is a shitty form of an executioner and id say borderline impossible to complete or at least really hard
how is he supposed to find the target role? by waiting 6 days for them to come out? without information its gonna have to be a shot in the dark on who you shoot

How does any other role find out what someone is without TIs? They use scumreading and other clues such as what someone claims, how someone votes, their will etc. There are multiple ways to guess someone’s role without investigative roles. Not to mention other people’s wills and what they say.

Chemist1422 wrote:I’ve seen this concept like a million times

Did the Arso buff stop the jailor meta? No it didn’t. Does the executioner make people distrust TIs? No it doesn’t. Why would this role significantly reduce the likelihood of people claiming?
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Jackparrot wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:

How does any other role find out what someone is without TIs? They use scumreading and other clues such as what someone claims, how someone votes, their will etc. There are multiple ways to guess someone’s role without investigative roles. Not to mention other people’s wills and what they say.
TIs arent exactly going to reveal every single result they get when theres a bh in a game
you cant read another players role just off your intuition, if they hint at it that isnt exactly reading

voting doesnt change targets
wills could have a major effect, forgot those existed, but this promotes withholding information as well as anticlaiming

Chemist1422 wrote:I’ve seen this concept like a million times

Did the Arso buff stop the jailor meta? No it didn’t. Does the executioner make people distrust TIs? No it doesn’t. Why would this role significantly reduce the likelihood of people claiming?

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Jackparrot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:29 pm

How will anybody (unless they are the role them selfs, or host specifically adds them) know that there is a bounty hunter in the game? I didn’t intend for the role to be known to exist inside a specific game.

While TIs may not reveal results every night, they will eventually reveal them (if for example they find an evil) or when they die. Point being, they usually do.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by voting. I meant that the BH could look at votes and scum read. While it doesn’t give away what role a player could be, it narrows the search significantly.

Your right, someone can’t just know someone’s role by their gut feeling, however the clues they leave eventually give them away.

How is this role anticlaim? Consider that anticlaim might not be a bad thing.

Another point I’d like to add, is that it could counter the VFR meta sightly, as people might not want to reveal their roles too early in game.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Jackparrot wrote:How will anybody (unless they are the role them selfs, or host specifically adds them) know that there is a bounty hunter in the game? I didn’t intend for the role to be known to exist inside a specific game.
people will be wary of the neutral chaos/any alignment, it happened with vampire

While TIs may not reveal results every night, they will eventually reveal them (if for example they find an evil) or when they die. Point being, they usually do.
thats stupid, and you somehow dont realise how stupid it is
when a ti reveals a scum,
  • it might not even be your target
  • theyre going to be lynched or executed immediately following
  • executioner

I think you misunderstood what I meant by voting. I meant that the BH could look at votes and scum read. While it doesn’t give away what role a player could be, it narrows the search significantly.
narrowing it down does nothing, youd still have roughly a 25% chance to accurately hit given the target isnt transported or anything like that, and thats if you manage to narrow it down the most you can

Your right, someone can’t just know someone’s role by their gut feeling, however the clues they leave eventually give them away.
not many people in that game crumb, the closest i can think of is vetbait, or tp/lo requests

How is this role anticlaim? Consider that anticlaim might not be a bad thing.
consider that its an anticlaim to every single role, tis wont want to reveal, etc.etc. ive already been over this
that games players are so heavily reliant on roles rather than reads, unless you get to a higher tier of play, but making a role based on how only good players play rather than the whole community is bogus

Another point I’d like to add, is that it could counter the VFR meta sightly, as people might not want to reveal their roles too early in game.
if anything it would cause players not to claim if theyre scared enough, causing a mislynch and most likely just gamethrowing reports

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:06 pm

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:This may get me a warning from the RI mods but who cares. The only conceivable respinses to this post are as follows.
-Kill me now
-No

i removed the shitty, boring responses, as well as kept the ones i feel

MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Ideas