Coven Tickets

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Coven Tickets

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:56 pm

Coven tickets have now been granted to all users who qualify.

Users get 3 Coven tickets per 25 games played up to a maximum of 250 games played.

Each Coven ticket allows for 1 free game of the Coven.

Tickets are consumed similar to scrolls in that they are only consumed when a game ends, thus in the event of a server restart or server crash your ticket won't be consumed.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Re: Coven Tickets

Postby 0verki11 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:41 am

Achilles wrote:Coven tickets have now been granted to all users who qualify.

Users get 3 Coven tickets per 25 games played up to a maximum of 250 games played.

Tickets are consumed similar to scrolls in that they are only consumed when a game ends, thus in the event of a server restart or server crash your ticket won't be consumed.

what if people leave games?
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Postby jucktropy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 am

Yay!!! Will Unity update start from PTR Server or it will be ready for main game?
ImageDark Wings Rise.Image

Spoiler: ImageRanked Elo 2500 Fav Town/NE Roles:
Investigator,Jester,Jailor,Transporter,VampireHunter,Witch

Fav Mafia/Coven/NK Roles:
Godfather,Blackmailer,Consort,WereWolf,Necromancer,PotionMasterImage

ImageDiscord:Scroller#4823Image
Spoiler: Image

jucktropy
Halloween 2019 Winner
Halloween 2019 Winner

Postby Kyosji » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:27 am

Ok, so they are only to let you play the Coven? I already own the Coven, so why is it giving me tickets to play something I already own?
Magic is distilled laziness. Put that on my gravestone.
Kyosji
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Achilles » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:01 pm

0verki11 wrote:
Achilles wrote:Coven tickets have now been granted to all users who qualify.

what if people leave games?

If you leave your ticket is consumed.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Achilles » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:03 pm

Hagg1s wrote:
Kyosji wrote:Ok, so they are only to let you play the Coven? I already own the Coven, so why is it giving me tickets to play something I already own?

This. Can I cash in the coven tickets that are completely useless to me for town points?

We plan on adding more types of tickets in the future, perhaps there will be a way to convert tickets into different types.

For now, if you own Coven then hopefully you will experience much faster lobby times and more game modes since there should be a constant stream of regular users trying out Coven with their tickets.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Achilles wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:
Kyosji wrote:Ok, so they are only to let you play the Coven? I already own the Coven, so why is it giving me tickets to play something I already own?

This. Can I cash in the coven tickets that are completely useless to me for town points?

We plan on adding more types of tickets in the future, perhaps there will be a way to convert tickets into different types.

For now, if you own Coven then hopefully you will experience much faster lobby times and more game modes since there should be a constant stream of regular users trying out Coven with their tickets.

You could make it so you could give your friends coven tickets. Just a thought

Its a good idea though I'm already seeing more players on coven
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby PredictedCyborg » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:
Achilles wrote:
Hagg1s wrote:

You could make it so you could give your friends coven tickets. Just a thought

Its a good idea though I'm already seeing more players on coven

Both sounds good. Option to give them to friends and option to trade tickets for the other to-be-implemented types. :)
Do my best to make games a nicer place!
PredictedCyborg
Jester
Jester

Postby intimacy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:58 pm

Does this mean people can only have 30 in their lifetime, or does it reset every season?
intimacy
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby trashboyjet » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:05 pm

PLEASE GET RID OF COVEN TICKETS ASAP.
I just had one of the most infuriating games ever.
A jailor who executed a psy because they thought psy was unique, and then won’t jail the confirmed pirate.
A tracker who continuously visits the confirmed psy.
COVEN WILL LITERALLY BE UNPLAYABLE IF NOOBS ARE GOING TO KEEP JOINING GAMES LIKE THIS.
trashboyjet
Jester
Jester

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:46 pm

trashboyjet wrote:PLEASE GET RID OF COVEN TICKETS ASAP.
I just had one of the most infuriating games ever.
A jailor who executed a psy because they thought psy was unique, and then won’t jail the confirmed pirate.
A tracker who continuously visits the confirmed psy.
COVEN WILL LITERALLY BE UNPLAYABLE IF NOOBS ARE GOING TO KEEP JOINING GAMES LIKE THIS.
Sir or Madam,

There exists a thing called a learning curve. You cannot reasonably expect everyone to instantly know the ins and outs of a new system the minute they enter. The Coven DLC contains new game modes with new mechanics/rules, a lot of new roles, and new abilities and ways to play that come with all these new things. It takes time to learn how all these new things work. Please stop treating new players like shit because they haven’t cleared the learning curve yet. Coven will literally be unplayable if people like you drive new players away with your toxicity, making it so that people stop joining and the servers will never recover from their current dead state.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Meandrina » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:36 pm

@trashboyjet
It's coven tickets (a trickle of new players) vs coven free weekends (kills true coven games for the weekend cause all the new players flock there). Just imagine this week is a free coven weekend, understand that new players are trying it out and don't understand everything. In time, as people use up their tickets, this will be more of a trickle of new players, maybe a couple each game, and should be less noticeable / game breaking.
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby beybeykess » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:51 pm

I can't see how many tickets I have. It shows a 3 and half number that is cut off.
#BringBackAmnesiac #AmnesiacLivesMatter #Idon'tremembermyrole #NeutralBenign
beybeykess
Survivor
Survivor

Postby destawaits » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:42 pm

How do I have 27 coven tickets? How is the number of tickets we each get determined?

What qualifies us for these tickets?

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby trashboyjet » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:02 pm

thanks for your replies !
i was in the heat of the moment from an awful game. anyway, i guess people will become gradually accustomed to it, but there’s been a noticeable influx of players who don’t bother reading up on anything, becoming a detriment to everyone else
trashboyjet
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:22 pm

beybeykess wrote:I can't see how many tickets I have. It shows a 3 and half number that is cut off.

I believe you got 30 Coven Tickets, as this is the max amount of them that you can get.
destawaits wrote:How do I have 27 coven tickets? How is the number of tickets we each get determined?

You are gettign 3 tickets for 25 games played, but its capped to 250 games, resulting into a maximum of 30.
trashboyjet wrote:thanks for your replies !
i was in the heat of the moment from an awful game. anyway, i guess people will become gradually accustomed to it, but there’s been a noticeable influx of players who don’t bother reading up on anything, becoming a detriment to everyone else

Are you sure they don't bother and immune to explanations? What counts for you as an "influx"? 4+ players a game?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby destawaits » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:40 am

Jerme wrote:
destawaits wrote:How do I have 27 coven tickets? How is the number of tickets we each get determined?

You are gettign 3 tickets for 25 games played, but its capped to 250 games, resulting into a maximum of 30.

I'm only getting 27 tickets despite having 292 games played.
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:34 am

Have you played some Coven games already?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Millefeuille » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:47 pm

destawaits wrote:
Jerme wrote:

I'm only getting 27 tickets despite having 292 games played.

I can beat that! I have 441 games and 3 tickets :D
Millefeuille

Postby MegaLT » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:16 pm

I will be honest, I dislike this change and the main reason is not because I am coven owner, the reason is... classic players gamethrow... a LOT
coven had somewhat better players than classic ones and they rarely gamethrew(compared to classic players)... now all my coven games have at least 1 or more suicides N1, if they dont suicide N1, I see some leavers later, in the will they just point out they 'dont like' their role, 'why im not coven role' 'or leave if they dislike rolelist.
Players make more bad decisions, I see more conflicts too.... and I doubt those players will get a punishment...
I mean I could handle it if they came on coven like every 3rd weekend... but them being on there anytime is just...
it feels like at this point coven will be free.
MegaLT
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PredictedCyborg » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:00 pm

I've not tried out Coven yet.
I want to.
I'm even looking up videos and guides.

But seeing people getting upset that new players are joining is putting me off.
I get it. Players who don't seem to play properly are a pain.
But unfortunately, there's no replacement for real, true experience of the Coven roles. Not text tutorials, not videos... I didn't learn half the strats for Classic until I played and I've played a decent amount. People are going to make silly and, to experienced Coven players, obvious errors.

Gameleavers suck. Gamethrowers suck.
Just have to hope they get their deserved suspensions.

I'm going to hold off and wait until there's less people trying it out. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to not make too many errors. x.x
PredictedCyborg
Jester
Jester

Postby Meandrina » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:15 pm

To coven owners: Tickets are a new thing, like all new things people want to play with them right away... Please be patient and just think of the next couple of weeks as a really long coven weekend. We all sucked the first time around, we had to learn, let's be supportive of new players and maybe, just maybe, we can get some more gamemodes active.
Leaving is a problem across all gamemodes, and its not a new thing to coven modes.. Do not use classic players as your scapegoat for leavers. If anything, these are the players who want to leave the least since they have limited tickets and that will be consumed if they leave the game.

To new coven players: Please look at gameplay a bit when trying coven for the first time, or at least try to look up your role when you get it so you can play properly. Remember to start slow, maybe classic to learn the roles and how they interact.
@PredictedCyborg On behalf of all coven owners, thank you for trying to learn how to properly play before trying it!
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby destawaits » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:48 pm

Jerme wrote:Have you played some Coven games already?

No. I haven't played any games recently.

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby MegaLT » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:41 am

I have like AT LEAST three times more leavers with classic players, and I noticed that leaving the game is more common in clasic custom games, (I dont know how about classic and ranked practice, I haven't played for a really long time those gamemodes) as I remember in all any - people just leave game if they get town, I was once retributionist and wasn't able to revive at all, people just suicided or left after dying(town had 9members)... this wasn't a problem in coven, until now(at least in my games). And players make bad decisions mainly not because they are new to coven, the biggest error they could make is not undestanding Astral visits(I think).
MegaLT
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PredictedCyborg » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:46 am

Meandrina wrote:@PredictedCyborg On behalf of all coven owners, thank you for trying to learn how to properly play before trying it!

I'm still not going to try and play for a good long while though.
I don't WANT to make mistakes but I know that if I do I will get skewered for it by some of the more unforgiving people. Sadly. :(

To my fellow new-to-Coven players:
Do some learning before you try. It will mean a better game for you too. Let's do our best. :)
PredictedCyborg
Jester
Jester

Next

Return to Announcements