Vote Cacophony [setup idea- BROKEN]

Canned threads go here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Vote Cacophony [setup idea- BROKEN]

Postby ejjinami » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Dumb, overly complicated and prob unbalanced setup idea.
I'm prob gonna end up hosting this somewhere, but onIy after I make sure that it's not "broken" or awfuIIy unbaIanced
and no offense, but I don't trust the baIance team with doing it right
So any tips or ideas, which couId make the game more simpIe/baIanced, wouId be great :)
thx

----------------------------

Vote Cacophony

General:
  • 10 town : 3 scum
  • lynch: Plurality and majority
  • Days: 72 hours + the time needed to post 2 additional VCs (the 2’nd VC after deadline = EoD VC)
  • Nights: 24 hours

Main idea:
  • If a member of the mafia is the last voter on the main wagon at EoD, "SCREECH" will be posted under the VC

Vote Counts:
  • Vote counts will not show the names of the voting players, but only the number of votes.
  • They might also not include all wagons if there are too many of them

Number of living players = > number of wagons shown in the VCs
13p ~ 11p = > 3 + a summarized one
10p ~ 8p = > 2 + a summarized one
7p and less = > 1 + a summarized one

• If there are more wagons than the number allowed, the biggest wagons will have priority in being shown in the VC

Example: Spoiler: Alive=13 players

Real VC:
XXX- 3 players
YYY- 2 players
ZZZ-2 players
AAA-1 player
BBB-1 player
CCC-1 player
DDD-1 player
Not voting: 2 players

Revealed VC:
XXX- 3 players
YYY- 2 players
ZZZ-2 players
Other: 6 players
  • If there are multiple wagons of the same size and not all of them can be revealed, it will be RNGd

• A new VC may be posted every 12 hours, but only if enough players post after the last VC.
  • The number of players who need to post before posting a new VC = (T+1)
    T=(the number of living townies)
  • There will be no VCs and no flips before the required time passes and the required number of players post, so a hammer will count only if it’s noticed it when it’s the right time to post a VC.

Voting:
  • The players will have to vote through PMs.
  • To make sure that there are no mistakes, vote feedback will be sent (“Vote accepted. you’re voting XXX in VC 1.2”)
  • The mafia may vote in the maf chat and may control the votes of their teammates.
  • The scum’s unvotes will be always handled first, but their votes will be always handled last.
  • It is allowed to unvote and vote in the same turn.
  • The rest of the vote changes will be handled based on the send/edit time stamps.

Other:
  • If there is only 1 living member of the mafia remaining, they may choose their position on the wagon.
  • The votes will be double checked, but if there is a mistake in the VC because of the host’s fault, it will not be officially corrected.
Last edited by ejjinami on Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

15 : 14,5

Last updated: 18.02.2021
ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Re: Vote Cacophony [setup idea]

Postby EvanManManMan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:01 pm

This is horrible
EvanManManMan
FM Awards: Town

Postby ejjinami » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:04 pm

EvanManManMan wrote:This is horrible

ikr
xD

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:07 pm

I wanted to make a game with fun WIFOM, where the town would have to guess who is on which VC, but it ended up Iike that...

stiII, I spent a Iot of time thinking about that, so I'd stiII want to try hosting it

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:11 pm

the main probIem with the setup is prob that it's too compIicated and there's no cIear strategy to win, which might make the game reaIIy chaotic

but that's why I'm posting the setup here
it's not Iike it can't be changed

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby Chemist1422 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:13 pm

This is heavily scumsided
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ejjinami » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:59 pm

wait, I think I shouId expIain sth first :/

In order to win the town will have to claim their votes and make their own VCs based on the claims. The host won’t give them that info, so they will have to figure it out by themselves.

Let’s say that this is a VC made based on claims [but no one had a reason to lie yet, so it’s accurate]:
Alive=11p, 8Town+3scum
T1- 3 players, claims: [T2, T3, T4]
T2- 2 players, claims: [T5, T6]
T3-2 players, claims: [S1, T7]
Other: 4 players,
claims:
S1-1 player [T1]
S2-1 player [S2]
Not voting: 2 players [T8, S3]

Yellow- info from the host
Purple- claims

And now, for example let’s assume that the mafia decides to quick-hammer and lie about their votes
The next claimed VC will look like that:
Alive=11p, 8Town+3scum
T1- 6 players, claims: [T2, T3, T4] + ???????
T2- 2 players, claims: [T5, T6]
T3-1 player, claims: [S1, T7] - ??????
Other: 2 players,
claims:
S1-1 player [T1]
S2-1 player [S2]
Not voting: 2 players [T8, S3] -???????

the claims don’t add up, which means that there has to be 1 liar among [T7, S1] and 2 liars among [T1, T8, S2, S3]
town would be gamethrowing if they lied about their votes, so the missing votes are very, very, very likely to be scum
That’s a great deal of info imo, PoEing scum out of this would be pretty darn sweet

I showed an example of a mafia quick-hammer, but this should work every single time anyone decides to lie about their vote.
The more the scum team abuses the mechanics, the more they'll have to pay and the more it'll hurt them later

Of course lying about votes would have lesser consequences if the wagons are big
For example:
Alive=11p, 8Town+3scum
T1- 5 players, claims: [T2, T3, T4, T5, T6]
T2- 5 players, claims: [T7, T8, S1, S2, S3]
Not voting: 1 player, claim:[T8]

after a scum quick-hammer:
Alive=11p, 8Town+3scum
T1- 6 players, claims: [T2, T3, T4, T5, T6] +1 ????
T2- 4 players, claims: [T7, T8, S1, S2, S3] -1 ?????
Not voting: 1 player, claim:[T8]

and this would give town info about at least 1 scum among [T7, T8, S1, S2, S3]

which is admittedly not great, but that’s what town would have to overcome on their own.
Having big wagons is not beneficial for the town, so the townies would have to make sure that the votes are spread out as much as possible.
Additionally, scum votes will be always handled last, so depending on what they townies are aiming for [if they want to aim to get a PoE “SCREECH” scum, or a few “NON-SCREECH”-confirmed townies who voted last], they should carefully pick the players who are on the main wagon.

The scums might want to stop it sometimes, but again, lying will always have consequences.

And even though PoE info might not be very helpful at the start of the game, it will be gaining more and more value as time passes and as town gets better reads and get some of the players flipped.

Personally I think getting confirmed townies would be more beneficial than getting “SCREECH”-scum, but it would also be way more difficult (because scum would be able to destroy the whole plan easily if at least 1 of them was among the general TRs)
So doing that should be left for late-game, when town has better reads and more info.
And they should focus on having small, spread out wagons with scummy players on it, early in the game.

But anyways, my point was:
  • the scums cannot just lie as they please. The hidden info is a double-edged sword and abusing the mechanics will only get them killed faster
  • the town does have rather decent ways of getting info, especially in the late game stages

Does this change your opinion about the setup it a bit?

I mean, tbh I don’t know if it still wouldn’t be scum-sided, but I don’t think it’s THAT bad
:/

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby EvanManManMan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:32 pm

It's incredibly bastard and terrible
EvanManManMan

Postby ejjinami » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:15 pm

thanks, jerk

the setup is broken after all
just noticed and I dunno how to fix it
locking the thread

I'll try to move it to the trash-zone, but I've never done it before, so if I fail cuz I'm dumb, or just can't because I'm not a mod, well, sorry

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Return to FM Trash