Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 pm

same exact role has my smuggler role but changed the lore so the goal makes sense
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=78768&p=2594680#p2594680

Yes this an Neutral version of the town transporter and is a very simple role but also gets rid of transporter being able to confirm itself, I also believe I have taken the right approach to this role it is NOT part of any faction and its goal is unique and it adds different aspects to the game that a transporter normally wouldn't! so read the full role before commenting!

===========================================================================

Anarchist: (Neutral Chaos)

Attack: None
Defense: None

You are an warlock who loves spreading chaos by causing the deaths of others who would of lived otherwise!

Abilities:

Spoiler: -At the start of each night swap the appearances of two players home by casting illusions over both their homes until the end of the night

-The First illusion will make the first players home look like the second players home
-The Second illusion will make the second players home look like the first players home

-This will cause people who wanted to visit either player to visit the other one instead
(Ability does same exact thing as transporter)




Attributes:

Spoiler: -Unique role
-Roleblock immune
-Witch immune

-You are allowed transport yourself
-At the end of the night both of the players that had illusions casted on their homes will receive notifications they were moved (Transported)
-Once your goal is complete you will leave town to go cause chaos elsewhere


Goal:

Spoiler: Cause the deaths of 3 others who would of lived otherwise and then leave town
(you leave the game and win don't die but name and role would appear in the graveyard and you would be able to talk in graveyard chat)


Investigative Results:

Spoiler: Sheriff:
Your target is not suspicious!

Investigator:
Your target could be the Escort, Transporter, Consort, Anarchist or Hypnotist!
Last edited by Mystoc on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 12 times in total.
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby MafiaMenace » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Neutral Trans.
Why.
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:34 pm

MafiaMenace wrote:Neutral Trans.
Why.


so trans cant be confirmed anymore

and also to cause chaos since its goal is to cause deaths, it will be messing up what boths sides are trying to do so it has no allies its not town sided or evil sided its perfect

mafia won't like this cause it messes with who they try to kill and town wont like this role because it tries to get them killed and messes up invest results, it also makes transporters not trustworthy anymore

its fills it role perfectly has being a chaotic role that has no allies, the real question is why not? cause i'm seeing a ton of reasons why
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby MafiaMenace » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Mystoc wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:Neutral Trans.
Why.


so trans cant be confirmed anymore

and also to cause chaos since its goal is to cause deaths, it will be messing up what boths sides are trying to do so it has no allies its not town sided or evil sided its perfect

mafia won't like this cause it messes with who they try to kill and town wont like this role because it tries to get them killed and messes up invest results, it also makes transporters not trustworthy anymore

its fills it role perfectly has being a chaotic role that has no allies, the real question is why not? cause i'm seeing a ton of reasons why

I know that much.
I still don't like the fact of a neutral trans.
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:16 pm

MafiaMenace wrote:
Mystoc wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:Neutral Trans.
Why.


so trans cant be confirmed anymore

and also to cause chaos since its goal is to cause deaths, it will be messing up what boths sides are trying to do so it has no allies its not town sided or evil sided its perfect

mafia won't like this cause it messes with who they try to kill and town wont like this role because it tries to get them killed and messes up invest results, it also makes transporters not trustworthy anymore

its fills it role perfectly has being a chaotic role that has no allies, the real question is why not? cause i'm seeing a ton of reasons why

I know that much.
I still don't like the fact of a neutral trans.


being unable to tell me why you don't like it is not helpful feedback. why do you feel its a bad idea to add to the game what part of it don't you like?
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby MafiaMenace » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Mystoc wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:
Mystoc wrote:
MafiaMenace wrote:Neutral Trans.
Why.


so trans cant be confirmed anymore

and also to cause chaos since its goal is to cause deaths, it will be messing up what boths sides are trying to do so it has no allies its not town sided or evil sided its perfect

mafia won't like this cause it messes with who they try to kill and town wont like this role because it tries to get them killed and messes up invest results, it also makes transporters not trustworthy anymore

its fills it role perfectly has being a chaotic role that has no allies, the real question is why not? cause i'm seeing a ton of reasons why

I know that much.
I still don't like the fact of a neutral trans.


being unable to tell me why you don't like it is not helpful feedback. why do you feel its a bad idea to add to the game what part of it don't you like?


I don't like the fact of how it is a copy of a town role, just adding a role for the sake of taking away conformation is not good.
An example of a good copy is Consort, it actually helps mafia and takes away conformation.
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 pm

I don't like the fact of how it is a copy of a town role, just adding a role for the sake of taking away conformation is not good.
An example of a good copy is Consort, it actually helps mafia and takes away conformation


-it's not a carbon copy though it cant move itself and its win condition is unique and it leaves after it wins, it's a good enough copy to be able fake being transporter but it isn't a copy and paste of it

-it does other things too though besides that it isn't their just to make transporter unconfirmable,
-ts goal is to basically cause and people to die who wouldn't of otherwise while transporters goal is to help town win by moving town who will be attacked and making evil people attack themselves/ their allies
-its their to cause and make people do things they didn't want to do it equally helps and hurts both sides that why its perfect

-you are basing consort on being a good role based on the fact it as allies to help win with its ability? so just cause my role has no allies it's not a good role?

-its abilities to move others is cleary tied to its goal, its ability helps it win, like consorts ability helps mafia win, what difference does having allies have?
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby MafiaMenace » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:47 pm

Mystoc wrote:
I don't like the fact of how it is a copy of a town role, just adding a role for the sake of taking away conformation is not good.
An example of a good copy is Consort, it actually helps mafia and takes away conformation


-it's not a carbon copy though it cant move itself and its win condition is unique and it leaves after it wins, it's a good enough copy to be able fake being transporter but it isn't a copy and paste of it I never said an exact copy, but still basically the same.

-it does other things too though besides that it isn't their just to make transporter unconfirmable,
-its goal is to basically cause people to die who wouldn't of otherwise done so, while transporters goal is to help town win by moving town who will be attacked and making evil people attack themselves/ their allies
-its there to cause and make people do things they didn't want to do it equally helps and hurts both sides that why its perfect

-you are basing consort on being a good role based on the fact it as allies to help win with its ability? Well yes, I'd say something that is faction aligned is a good role if it helps it's allies. so just cause my role has no allies it's not a good role? That is not what I said at all. Can you point out specific abilities/attributes about the role that is different from Trans other than the fact that it can't move itself? I just don't have a liking for neutral copies of town, it just doesn't fit.

-its abilities to move others is cleary tied to its goal, its ability helps it win, like consorts ability helps mafia win, what difference does having allies have? Nothing. I never said there was a difference.


Don't expect me to reply for the next 8-ish hours, it is 11 P.M where I am and I need sleep.
Responses in green and in bold, underlined, and italics.
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:01 pm

That is not what I said at all. Can you point out specific abilities/attributes about the role that is different from Trans other than the fact that it can't move itself?


well after it wins it leaves the game that's in the attributes :p

but i get what your trying to say, yes the ability and attributes are very close to being the exact same as transporter , but its the goal the makes this role completely different from transporter

it's different from trans because its goal is different, it will use this ability to move people in a much different way then a trans would, this will alter the game in way a transporter wouldn't because wants my role wants to cause deaths to happen instead of saving a another townie from dying, this a good goal because it isn't town or evil sided its disrupts them both equally and it can equally cause them to die when they wouldnt of normally

=====================================

edit

you say my role is bad because its abilities and attributes are close to being the exact same as transport but the ONLY difference between consort and escort is their goals while my role does have small differences then that of transporter. but then say my role is bad because its close to being the same role has transporter but consort IS an exact copy

-It seems to me based on your logic consort would be a bad role too, but you say it isn't just because its has teammates,
-so by your logic if i made this role a mafia role with mafias goals it would be a good role then? (i wouldn't do this because it would be OP it's just an hypothetical question to get you to see my point)
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby MafiaMenace » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Mystoc wrote:
That is not what I said at all. Can you point out specific abilities/attributes about the role that is different from Trans other than the fact that it can't move itself?


well after it wins it leaves the game that's in the attributes :p

but i get what your trying to say, yes the ability and attributes are very close to being the exact same as transporter , but its the goal the makes this role completely different from transporter

it's different from trans because its goal is different, it will use this ability to move people in a much different way then a trans would, this will alter the game in way a transporter wouldn't because wants my role wants to cause deaths to happen instead of saving a another townie from dying, this a good goal because it isn't town or evil sided its disrupts them both equally and it can equally cause them to die when they wouldnt of normally

=====================================

edit

you say my role is bad because its abilities and attributes are close to being the exact same as transport but the ONLY difference between consort and escort is their goals while my role does have small differences then that of transporter. but then say my role is bad because its close to being the same role has transporter but consort IS an exact copy

-It seems to me based on your logic consort would be a bad role too, but you say it isn't just because its has teammates,
-so by your logic if i made this role a mafia role with mafias goals it would be a good role then? (i wouldn't do this because it would be OP it's just an hypothetical question to get you to see my point)

My alarm was set for PM not AM, goodbye sleep because I am fully awake now, at least you get to see my reply early now.
I guess I see your point, but I just have a problem I can't exactly explain with neutral copies of town/mafia/coven, it just doesn't fit right, it doesn't belong to me.
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:25 pm

My alarm was set for PM not AM, goodbye sleep because I am fully awake now, at least you get to see my reply early now.
I guess I see your point, but I just have a problem I can't exactly explain with neutral copies of town/mafia/coven, it just doesn't fit right, it doesn't belong to me.


i think the part you don't like is it isn't a fully original idea, since it copies part of an existing role and i totally get that, the thing is this role does add new aspects to the game besides just removing transporter''s confirmability

so i can respect that opinion so lets agree to disagree on this? have a good night's sleep.
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby MafiaMenace » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:27 pm

Mystoc wrote:
My alarm was set for PM not AM, goodbye sleep because I am fully awake now, at least you get to see my reply early now.
I guess I see your point, but I just have a problem I can't exactly explain with neutral copies of town/mafia/coven, it just doesn't fit right, it doesn't belong to me.


i think the part you don't like is it isn't a fully original idea, since it copies part of an existing role and i totally get that, the thing is this role does add new aspects to the game besides just removing transporter''s confirmability

so i can respect that opinion so lets agree to disagree on this? have a good night's sleep.

I guess we have to.
Gn.
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:00 pm

clarified a few things and made stuff clearer, more feedback is still welcome on this role
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:25 pm

I've never actually been opposed to a Neutral Transporter but this doesn't really reduce confirmability that much.

(1) It cannot transport itself. This means that if a Transporter transports two other players in one night, they can confirm themselves.
(2) This role is Neutral Chaos. This means it cannot appear in Ranked, so all Transporters in Ranked games are still confirmed.
Ideas In Testing Grounds

Framer Buff
Arsonist Buff
Bodyguard Change
Sheriff Buff
Jailor Nerf
Whisper Change


User avatar
DragonClaw66
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:49 pm

DragonClaw66 wrote:I've never actually been opposed to a Neutral Transporter but this doesn't really reduce confirmability that much.

(1) It cannot transport itself. This means that if a Transporter transports two other players in one night, they can confirm themselves.
(2) This role is Neutral Chaos. This means it cannot appear in Ranked, so all Transporters in Ranked games are still confirmed.



this role can still transport two people though in one night though, it not being able to move itself doesnt mean it cant move two people in one night

well i wanted it to be NE but it hurts evils too so it cant be NE,

i'm just gonna assume the ranked rolelist is gonna be reworked at some point before this role is added so NE and NC can interchangeably be allowed to roll, but for now theres no good solution to this role not appearing a lot in current ranked
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Mystoc wrote:
DragonClaw66 wrote:I've never actually been opposed to a Neutral Transporter but this doesn't really reduce confirmability that much.

(1) It cannot transport itself. This means that if a Transporter transports two other players in one night, they can confirm themselves.
(2) This role is Neutral Chaos. This means it cannot appear in Ranked, so all Transporters in Ranked games are still confirmed.



this role can still transport two people though in one night though, it not being able to move itself doesnt mean it cant move two people in one night

well i wanted it to be NE but it hurts evils too so it cant be NE,

i'm just gonna assume the ranked rolelist is gonna be reworked at some point before this role is added so NE and NC can interchangeably be allowed to roll, but for now theres no good solution to this role not appearing a lot in current ranked

By my first point I mean that there will always be two people transported when this role uses its abilities. Players could test to see if they are actually the Anarchist by doing a "transportation check". If only one other player claims transported, they are confirmed Transporter. If zero or two players claim transported, they must be an Anarchist because they couldn't switch themselves.
Ideas In Testing Grounds

Framer Buff
Arsonist Buff
Bodyguard Change
Sheriff Buff
Jailor Nerf
Whisper Change


User avatar
DragonClaw66
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 pm

this when you fake claim transported as the second person (your 0 example doesn't really make sense town transporter cant make 0 transportations happen unless it chooses to not use abilities which anarchist can also choose do

-I could allow it move itself but then i would have to remove its auto vest, the idea of the role was this role wants to cause deaths not focus on saving itself by moving itself so i thought it would be better to just remove it

you are right i just realized what you meant i will change it so you can move yourself and remove the auto vest,
-i do feel like this would just promote anarchists being selfish and just moving themselves always but i don't see a way around the problem you pointed out
Last edited by Gooose26 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not double post
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Flake » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Topic has been moved from Role Idea Archives back into Role Ideas as per request of the OP.
‏‏‎
You'll never see it coming

By the time it's hit you‏‏‎

Your last surprise‏‏‎
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
User avatar
Flake
Benefactor
Benefactor
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:34 am
Location: England, United Kingdom (GMT)

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby KingArmaan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:01 am

If there would be trans and then a neutral trans, the game would be too chaotic. Also like stated by MafiaMenace, this is not like Consort, which is to balance the game and help a faction, and is just a role on its own that is a rehash of another role. If this and trans were to be in one game, there will be so many transportations that people wouldn't be able to visit the target they want or the chances will be reduced a lot.
Image

My favourite roles: Godfather, Mafioso, Consigliere, Consort, Veteran, Sheriff, Investigator, and Vampire(if I am converted to one near endgame when Vampires have majority).
My least favourite roles: Retributionist, Medium, Arsonist, Werewolf, Blackmailer, Framer and Forger.
User avatar
KingArmaan
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:39 am

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:07 am

KingArmaan wrote:If there would be trans and then a neutral trans, the game would be too chaotic. Also like stated by MafiaMenace, this is not like Consort, which is to balance the game and help a faction, and is just a role on its own that is a rehash of another role. If this and trans were to be in one game, there will be so many transportations that people wouldn't be able to visit the target they want or the chances will be reduced a lot.


your acting like their has never been a game where two transporter have rolled, transporter isnt a unquie role you know
also there will be games where there is no transporter in it but their is an Anarchist this role isnt dependent on a transporter rolling to be able to appear in the game


its reash of transporter to remove transporters confirmability it kinda is like consort in that sense.i even state so at the beginning of the role

Yes this an Neutral version of the town transporter and is a very simple role but also gets rid of transporter being able to confirm itself, I also believe I have taken the right approach to this role it is NOT part of any faction and its goal is unique and it adds different aspects to the game that a transporter normally wouldn't! so read the full role before commenting!


a faction transporter would be too strong it has to be solo role

its goal also adds something new to the game trying to get people killed who would of lived is a very unquie goal
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Helicooler » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:30 pm

I heard neutral transporter?

Don't. The first time someone suggested it it became such a joke that the thread was just people asking for things like jester survivor. It adds more chaos and trollyness to a role that has the ability to vet bait and then kill a randomer.
Call Me Duck.
Need Anything? PM Me.

COME JOIN HELL!
User avatar
Helicooler
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 am
Location: This Forum, Duh! *Laugh Track*

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby MafiaMenace » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:06 pm

Helicooler wrote:I heard neutral transporter?

Don't. The first time someone suggested it it became such a joke that the thread was just people asking for things like jester survivor. It adds more chaos and trollyness to a role that has the ability to vet bait and then kill a randomer.

what the fuck are you doing
Image


Hosted FM Games:
  • VFM30 (Town Wins)
  • SFM45 (Town Wins)
  • VFM39 (Mafia Wins)
User avatar
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of Canada. (UTC -7)

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Kombinator1991 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:36 am

I would place it into Neutral evil instead. Otherwise i see potential.
Kombinator1991
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: Anarchist (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Neutral trans? At least make it have the witch wincon gosh or better make a Mafia trans or remove the message of transporter
Burgers and kings
User avatar
Soulshade55r
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Uk


Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests