GFM2.43 | Cytokine Storm | Beyond The Barrier~:westormwoke:

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

GFM2.43 | Cytokine Storm | Beyond The Barrier~:westormwoke:

Postby enderitem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:32 pm

The chosen know neither time nor knowing.
But they learn by time and dying.
United to know, to learn.
Their mind is…

Hosted by enderitem, Schultz128 and Nyalzar...

Rules
+ This is not an official episode because you will actually be provided with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
+ All Global Rules and FM Rules doubly apply. So if you break the rules you will both be blacklisted and banned which will blacklist you further as well... I think.
+ Do not directly quote moderator messages in the game chat, including your rolecard and especially, do NOT ever quote your ability/attribute names or any sorts of flavor until they are revealed in the said chat.
+ Don't act childish and throw the game because you were irritated by your teammates or something else. In a game of Mafia, being stressed and enduring that stress is just part of the fun, really.
+ I will never lie to you throughout the game and the only time RNG will be used in this game is when the player roles are set. So no game mechanic is set on this element whatsoever. So not a bastard game according to this site.
+ All outside communications are forbidden. If you are eliminated from the game, you still may not talk about it with anyone else without mod permission. Just don't try to cheat or anything, obviously.
+ Please do enjoy your time in this game. I loved making every single detail in it and there is no words to tell how happy I was when I finished it and when I finally got to host it here after more than 3 years of preparations.
+ This game requires effort from all the players and mods so nobody is exempt from inactivity. When you sign up for this game, you have stated that you are willing to participate in and follow the rules of the game unless a serious issue occurs which disables you from playing. Time is of the essence in this game and replacements can severely hurt any faction in more than one way. I know I am stressing this rule way too much but you should understand that replacements ruined many games with great potential and nobody wants to watch their efforts go to waste because of downright selfish reasons of other people. Please use replacements as a necessity, not as a luxury. All in all, here is a new spice I have created for this game: Not voting for 24 hours will end up with you getting prodded and if this happens again, someone else takes control. You can vote the same person twice.

Game Mechanics
    Setup
    Spoiler:
  • 40 players and 2 sides are in this game.
    • The HUMANS and the Penumbra System alignments make up the "Town" faction known as the host while the Bacteria, Virions, Parasites, Fungi and the Neoplasm make up the enemy faction known as the pathogens.
    • Each alignment has specific goals and unique abilities or attributes assigned to them.
    • There are no alignment conversions in this game.
    • Prion will not be assigned to a player in this game.
  • The players will be separated after the first "Night" (Prodromal) Phase into two chats named as: "Behind the Barrier" and "Beyond the Barrier".
    • The original chat will be lost after this incident. It will only return after the game comes to a close.
    • One chat starts with the Day Phase while the other starts with the Night Phase and so on.
    • Both the night and day actions will be completely separate including votes. Only some rare abilities or attributes and the graveyard itself will be able to bypass this barrier.
    • Chats will remerge when there are 25 players in total or less and both previous chats will be lost after this incident. They will only return after the game comes to a close.
    Phases
    Spoiler:
  • There are 4 or possibly 5 kind of phases in the game.
    • First phase of the game is regarded as the Incubation Phase. It is a basically 50 hours long Day Phase with no actions available and it is a plurality Exposure. What is Exposure? Instead of the player dying after a plurality lynch, their rolecard will be completely revealed for everyone to see. They will be still alive to probably be killed later in the game. Obviously the game chat and all private chats are open during this part of the game.
    • Second phase of the game is regarded as the Prodromal Phase. It is 50 hours long but no actual actions are available so it uses a secret mechanic for the sauce. Only some roles can use it. Game chat is obviously locked during this but private chats are open.
    • After this, the game phases and chat gets separated. So let's first talk about the actual day phase that is the Immune Phase which is similar to the Incubation Phase with some certain differences. During this phase, players can send in phase specific actions and all players must send in a secret action called the "Exposure Eradication" through a PM to the Mods. I will come to explaining that. The phase must be between and 1 and 5 days. The phase will force end if everyone sends in their Exposure Eradication actions after a day or 5 days limit is reached.
    • Now, Acute Phase is similar to a "Night". The game chat is locked and private chats are open. It is also between 1-3 in real life days. You send in your Night Actions like you always do with one main difference. Once an official action is sent, it cannot be changed, it is locked automatically so you need to be careful when you make your decision. When all actions are sent in, the phase will end and the Immune Phase will start going back and forth with these phases.
    • The mechanics of the last phase of the game is going to be revealed if it happens.
  • After 500 in real life hours, game will force end. This number can change due to game mechanics.
    Lynches & Actions
    Spoiler:
  • One thing about the Acute Phase that I need to mention in a more detailed manner is the fact that there are two types of actions: Simple and Complex. Simple actions are basically your abilities while complex actions are attributes worked into actions when certain conditions are met.
  • Okay, let's explain Exposure Eradication. We already know what Exposure means so you can guess what this means probably. Well, when a certain role targets a certain exposed role, they kill'em… ye. This is decided according to Specializations and almost every role has one.
  • Only some roles can whisper and whispers are anonymous unless a role that can whisper, whispers another that can also whisper. In this case, the whisperer’s identity will be revealed without them being aware of it. Nothing can change the person you are whispering to during the same phase. Whispers will be utilized in https://www.quicktopic.com and Discord itself.
  • There are no death notes or last wills in this game.

Terminology
Spoiler:
    Acute Phase = Night Phase
    Communication Field = Game Chat
    Corrupted Genetic Information = A Rolecard with only Name Available
    Eradication = Killing
    Exposure = A Rolecard being Revealed in the Game Chat
    Exposure Eradication = Lynch
    Genetic Information = Complete Rolecard
    Host = Town/Me
    Identity = Player
    Immune Phase = Day Phase
    Message = Public Post
    Obligate Action = An ability that must be used.
    Origin = Alignment
    Pathogen = Scum
    Revealing = Causing a finding to be shown in the Game Chat
    Selection = Vote
    Signal = Private Message (ie. MHC II)
    Stop = Roleblock
    Stress = Making specific actions towards the target kill them.
    Swarm = Visit
    Uncovering = Getting a result
    War = Game
Sample Rolecard
Spoiler:
Etiquette
Spoiler: Your number is one of the ways to define you as they can be used as abbreviations. Always and I mean ALWAYS include me in your PMs for your sake and don't be late.
When you are voting for a player, please use: /select Player Name/Number
For Exposure Eradication action, name your PM “Cytokine Storm/GFM Exposure Eradication” and put your target’s name or number in it during the Immune Phase.
For Acute Phase actions, name your PM “Cytokine Storm/GFM Acute Phase Action" and write it like this: “/use Ability Name on Player Name/Number” so a good example would be “/use Invasive Species on Rickdaily12 or 32”.
For questions and other things, the same formula goes: “Cytokine Storm/GFM Question". Please use PMs for those instead of asking in the thread.

Autonomous Ones Spoiler: Extinct Ones
ISOs
enderitem (Host)
Alzar (Nyohost)
Schultz128 (Gay Host)

Spoiler: 1) xUltiix
2) EvanManManMan
3) Soulshade55r
6) OllyRenard
8) Kmenx
10) TheWabbit
13) ChubbyMooshroom9
16) Bottlenose
17) ManateeDude
19) jacobm1122
25) Arckas
26) lemonader666
27) Shilster
28) ObiWan
29) ZSSDistortion
31) Varanus
33) Eragon1329
40) melanora

Timeline of Events
The End of Immune Phase α and the start of Acute Phase Α
The End of Acute Phase Α and the start of Immune Phase β
The End of Immune Phase β and the start of Acute Phase B
The End of Acute Phase B and the start of Immune Phase γ
Moderator Message: Timer: https://sonerdeniz1995.wixsite.com/sitem Now you know my name and age but who cares.
enderitem
FM Awards: Creator

Re: GFM2.43 | Cytokine Storm | Beyond The Barrier~Immune Pha

Postby enderitem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Moderator Message: Immune Phase will end as soon as everyone sends in their Exposure Eradication actions with plurality being reached after 1 day or when 5 days passes. Don't forget, you can't change your Exposure Eradication actions after you send them so think carefully.
enderitem

Postby enderitem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Sporadic Manifesto activated: Transformation through ConjugationImageOpportune MomentImageCode over ComplexImageSavant PhantasmImageMHC II OverrideImageMHC II Mutation
Sporadic Manifesto: At the start of every Immune Phase, this one can give out 7 different ability or attribute names while leaving the description of just one of them, rendering them mentionable in the messages of the organisms.

Moderator Message: By the way, you can post now.
enderitem

Postby xUltiix » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:47 pm

hi
xUltiix
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby RetralMega » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:47 pm

The fuck are we doing exactly?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby xUltiix » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:47 pm

lol idk
xUltiix
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:48 pm

bracing for one-liner spam
Spoiler: Image

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby RetralMega » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Does this just expose someone, eradicate them, or both?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby xUltiix » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:48 pm

idk
xUltiix
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby ZSSDistortion » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:50 pm

exposure eradications are basically like a delayed lynch right? except instead of them being lynched automatically certain people send in an "action" to kill the player.

or am I wrong :thinking:

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby enderitem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:51 pm

By the way, the players who are allowed to post in here are as follows:

1. xUltiix
2. EvanManManMan
3. Soulshade55r
6. OllyRenard
8. Kmenx
10. TheWabbit
13. ChubbyMooshroom9
16. Bottlenose
17. ManateeDude
19. jacobm1122
25. Arckas
26. lemonader666
27. Shilster
28. ObiWan
29. ZSSDistortion
31. Varanus
33. Eragon1329
40. melanora
enderitem

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:53 pm

2 notepads worth of shit I wrote at night

Spoiler: Players Beyond the Barrier:

xUltiix
EvanManManMan
SoulShade55r
OllyRenard
Kmenx
TheWabbit
ChubbyMooshroom9
Bottlenose
ManateeDude
Jacobm1122
Arckas
Lemonader666
Shilster
Obiwan
ZSSDistortion
Varanus
Eragon1329
Melanora

Reads as of page 66:

Strong Town: Wabbit, Arckas
Slight Town: Soul, Olly, Kmenx, Bottle, Varanus, Mel
Null: xUltiix, Chubby, Lemonader, Shilster, Obiwan
Slight Scum: Manatee, Eragon
Strong Scum: Jacob, ZSS

Reads at night before reread:

Strong Town: Wabbit, Olly, Kmenx
Slight Town: Soul, Arckas, Lemonader, Varanus
Null: xUltiix, Chubby, Bottle, Shilster, Mel, Obiwan
Slight scum: Jacob, Eragon
Strong scum: Manatee, ZSS

Changes:

I bumped Olly and Kmenx up to strong town. Olly because I thought that being the counterwagon to Ryan pushed by almost all scummy players just made him town. His post quality also improved. Kmenx because I was aware of flavor claiming being banned. I believe in his derpclear on page 1 saying that scum have flavor fake claims. I think that's a perspective slip that he is town.

Arckas dropped to slight town but that's because I have faith in Rick and Gent who thought he was scum.

Lemonader's posting was just towny. It read to me as genuine and as if he wanted to solve the game.

Bottle and Mel were worthless and only tonereads so they dropped to null

Jacob going up is sheeping Rick but I still view them as scummy

Manatee just went to complete shit. They literally only complained. Completely worthless. They were absolutely frozen and could only provide shitty defenses of themselves.

If the read did not change my reasonings still stand. Addition comments will be listed below.

Notes on these players while rereading:

Page 1: Kmenx does his derp. I think that almost clears him. However if he is mafia I stand by my comment of Varanus being spewed town from his "Varanus can take care of Retral" comment. It actually kinda spews Retral as town too but I don't think Kmenx is scum so this world is something I don't really have to worry about. I like that Bottle said that Retral was an easy read in hindsight.

Page 3: As I said in thread, Taylor bitching is towny.

Page 4: Wabbit originally drops the townread on Soul which I liked a lot. Ultiix's reaction to myself saying I was pretty towny is shady. ZSS makes his first of like 3 posts here and it's one massive complaint. It's almost as if they don't want content to come. I like Bottle voting Chit for post count. Jammy calling out Ultiix is a good look.

Page 5: Wabbit saying to trigger Chit is good

Page 9: Olly's reasoning for scumreading Jalandh, acting scummy on purpose as scum to force their town meta, is really good.

Page 13: Kmenx's reactions to my push on him are towny.

Page 14: Ultiix actually wanted to push a modpeek on Varanus. I missed this in my first read through. I think that's kinda towny from Ultiix. I read Arckas complaining about thread size as towny.

Page 15: I'm kinda offset that 2/5 of Ultiix's posts so far have been replies to Timur.

Page 16: Ultiix says Retral is a waste of a modpeek. More of a noted thing than a scummy thing.

Page 19: Manatee said he thought he was scum but on a second look he was town. I don't think that's physically possible. If he saw the word "human" or "penumbra system" in his win con then there would be no mistake. Perspective slip. Manatee is like lock scum or something. Then they say "oh you caught me" this is so scummy. The one concern I had was that they shaded Jalandh but that perspective slip makes me want to tinfoil them as a neutral soooo

Page 20: I think Jammy making an attempt to evaluate is pretty towny.

Page 21: Eragon's intro was terrible

Page 22: Jacob's list of modpeeks: Me, Chit, Wabbit, Olly, Ryan, Var, Tuba, Cowmight. Literally all town except neutral!Chit and Cow who is ??? Tell me this is town. I dare you. 8 people and not a single scum (probably). I think Arckas was genuine in his trying to figure out the mechanics and get a better idea of what is happening. I made this read in thread but if Arckas is scum, why is he not asking these questions in mafia chat.

This marks where I went to sleep and picked it up and the morning

Page 26: Jacob called me a bad leader for retarded reasons and threatened people with scumread if they listened. This is bad and their reasoning for saying this, because I was "too aggressive", was not anything moderately applicable, I think that Jacob was trying to be rational here. The main thing I was thinking about when reading the resistance to modpeeking me was whether the concern was rational or not and I think that Jacob was being rational there. Varanus claiming that he could hop the barrier was also a kind of towny thing to do and his vote on me did seem rational.

Page 29: Arckas trying to rush with the vote on me is giving me weird vibes, considering we had over 24 hours left in the day.

Page 31: Arckas voting not to peek anybody is weird but a towny type of weird. I think that offering their vote to the consensus is aldo kinda towny. Also Soul actually gives game related content on this page. He said that I'm not a bad modpeek but there are better options and that Olly would be scumread no matter what. These are both good, rational, and towny statements.

Page 32: Jacob called Arckas 100% town. Arckas responds with "I feel like I know the answer but why." That never comes from scum IMO because it's showing that he knows he is town.

Page 35: Manatee pleads to ve self meta'd. Pleads.

Page 36: Manatee's response to my vote on them is crap. They just shade my vote while referring to themselves as confirmed town. It's completely contradictory.

Page 37: Manatee drops an extremely vague Chit/Jalandh is w/w read and this is like the only read they gave at all. It's purely awful.

Page 39: Manatee shades Chemist needlessly who upon reevaluation is town. Manatee keeps getting scummier and scummier.

Page 40: Eragon makes a really really dumb comment shading Gent. Shilster complaining about volume posting is like the teeniest bit towny

Page 44: Arckas's reaction to learning that private chats were open is another perspective slip and it makes him townier.

Page 45: Ultiix voting Chit then immediately voting Olly is a big ? for me.

Page 47: Upon a second look I think Eragon's wall actually is kinda towny. However he then said we should expose Olly/Chit which is objectively bad. All of his reads were also either consensus or mine and I dislike that. He also said "give me a gopd reason to stay up and give reads" which although I dislike it, I think the perspective is towny.

Page 49: Chubby's posts are very slightly towny

Page 51: Varanus's takes on the game + voting Ryan are pro town at worst. Manatee voting Chit haha funny yes. Eragon voting Olly is terrible.

At this point I pretty much gave up on taking notes

Page 60: ZSS coaching Chemist ITT is gross. Chubby actually is being towny but Jalandh is scum and you're wrong on that.

Page 62: Here's a theory I have that I'm only saying here since Arckas brought this up. The Prion description from the info page says "reborn" and "Repurpose and Live." All other non human win cons have the word kill. Since Chit's win con was hidden, I have a feeling he will be revived as the prion. Whether we kill him or not is something to discuss. Also looking at the terms, Viral Swarm, Bacterial Rebellion, Parasitic Invader, Fungal Revolution, and Neoplasm, I think that Chit and the Neoplasm are individuals while there are more than one Virus, Bacteria and Fungus.

Page 63: Manatee shades me lol. Olly's comment about me being on a team with Chit makes 0 sense since if not for me, he may not have been modkilled and I would have thrown.

Page 66: I think Eragon switching onto Ryan is actually a bit towny

Page 70: Manatee calling Wabbit "gut town" reads as really fake

Page 71: Shilster talking to Rick reads as genuine and towny

Page 73: Lemon's wall is towny

Page 79: Wabbit trying to change their ettiquette to appease Rick is towny

Brackets after reread:

Strong Town: Soul, Olly, Kmenx, Wabbit, Arckas
Slight Town: Chubby, Jacob, Lemonader, Shilster, Varanus, Eragon
Null: Bottle, Obiwan, Mel
Slight Scum: Ultiix
Strong Scum: Manatee, ZSS

I need more scumreads in this grouping but I think I have a decent place to work from

If you don't read this you are lock scum
EvanManManMan
FM Awards: Town

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Who wants the 2 notepads worth of shit I wrote on the other half of the game?
EvanManManMan

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:55 pm

enderitem wrote:Sporadic Manifesto activated: Transformation through ConjugationImageOpportune MomentImageCode over ComplexImageSavant PhantasmImageMHC II OverrideImageMHC II Mutation
Sporadic Manifesto: At the start of every Immune Phase, this one can give out 7 different ability or attribute names while leaving the description of just one of them, rendering them mentionable in the messages of the organisms.

By the way, you can post now.

There are only 6 abilities
EvanManManMan

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:56 pm

ZSSDistortion wrote:exposure eradications are basically like a delayed lynch right? except instead of them being lynched automatically certain people send in an "action" to kill the player.

It's not delayed
EvanManManMan

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:57 pm

EvanManManMan wrote:
enderitem wrote:Sporadic Manifesto activated: Transformation through ConjugationImageOpportune MomentImageCode over ComplexImageSavant PhantasmImageMHC II OverrideImageMHC II Mutation

By the way, you can post now.

There are only 6 abilities

Unless one of them was sporadic manifesto

Also can we use these flavor names in both threads?
EvanManManMan

Postby enderitem » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:59 pm

ZSSDistortion wrote:exposure eradications are basically like a delayed lynch right? except instead of them being lynched automatically certain people send in an "action" to kill the player.

Moderator Message: It is a lynch action. The person who has the most votes will be Exposed like ryan and if they are targeted with Exposure Eradication by a specialized organism, they will both be Exposed and eradicated like chit for example.

EvanManManMan wrote:Also can we use these flavor names in both threads?

Moderator Message: Yes, you can also reference the ones from the Incubation Phase.
enderitem

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Also on a not very important note, my notepad is stupid and put a <br> at every line break, an &apos; instead of every apostrophe and an &quot; instead of every quotation mark

Reformatting was tiny aids
EvanManManMan

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Ryan, if you see this, use your action on Jalandh
EvanManManMan

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 pm

People need to start talking unless you are reading my wall in which keep reading
EvanManManMan

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:08 pm

Actually if people are going to see this in the other thread

Don't use actions on Jalandh except for Ryan
EvanManManMan

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:26 pm

So we can have like 5 posts of casual and random discussion but as soon as game related content gets introduced, NOPE BYE

Fucking hrll
EvanManManMan

Postby OllyRenard » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:27 pm

@Evan Nice wall, and if we know a prion we should kill them
"Proud" member of the League of Losers
OllyRenard
Lookout
Lookout

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:29 pm

OllyRenard wrote:@Evan Nice wall, and if we know a prion we should kill them

Do you have any opinions on the things that I said?

And idk if prions are harmful due to the win con thing I mentioned in my wall. We'll have to wait and find out
EvanManManMan

Postby EvanManManMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:30 pm

I think as a general rule we should type /vote x whenever we vote a player since voting is private
EvanManManMan

Next

Return to Game Threads