Jinn (Neutral Killing) (REWORKED)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Please comment on why you feel this way please

Role is too strong!
13%
Role is balanced!
38%
Role is too weak!
2%
==========================================================================================================================
15%
Role should be Neutral Killing Alignment!
26%
Role should be Neutral Chaos Alignment!
7%

Total votes : 61

Re: Jinn (Neutral Killing)

Postby Mystoc » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:42 am

timurtheking wrote:Hm ok still a meh Nk

0.5 kpn

powerful attack partial sheriff and inves immunity and the ability to go into a different body will make you very hard to find, games will be longer but you will be very mobile low KPN is bad for other NK cause there stuck in 1 body, this role isnt
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby timurtheking » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:18 am

Mystoc wrote:

0.5 kpn

powerful attack partial sheriff and inves immunity and the ability to go into a different body will make you very hard to find, games will be longer but you will be very mobile low KPN is bad for other NK cause there stuck in 1 body, this role isnt

No because powerful attack doesnt mean much unless u wanna kill Gf/ exe in ranked. Arso and ww essentially have partial/full sheriff immunity and ‘invest’ immunity isnt a thing. Different bodies dont mean much especially if medium or retri is alive and people know a Jinn exists and will constantly ask for wills etc
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Mystoc » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:30 am

timurtheking wrote:
Mystoc wrote:

0.5 kpn

No because powerful attack doesnt mean much unless u wanna kill Gf/ exe in ranked. Arso and ww essentially have partial/full sheriff immunity and ‘invest’ immunity isnt a thing. Different bodies dont mean much especially if medium or retri is alive and people know a Jinn exists and will constantly ask for wills etc

it has invest immunity cause it has the inves result of the body it is inves doesnt have a role its looking for so since you can be any invest result so it does have invess immunity, WW only has partial sheriff immunity, being able to kill GF or other NK has NK is a big deal though

your making me think you didnt read the full role cause it specifically says the dead person cant talk in dead chat till you move to another body, ret cant rez the person to rat on you cause their body hasn't died yet so it isn't in the graveyard, you killed them but their body is still alive cause your controlling it, neither of these roles counter you

its also stated the jinn has access to the their victims will they had when they died
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby EvanFishsticks » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:47 am

I think you should put the Jinn in Scorpio’s role contest. I think it has a lot of potential to be added to the game someday and the contest would help it get more publicity. Even if you lose, you can use what people tell you for balancing tips to get the Jinn closer to TG. There’s only one spot left, so if you want to, you should hurry. Also, for the record Jinn>Phantom.
Favorite Roles: Arsonist, Arsonist, Arsonist, Arsonist
Least Favorite Roles: Anything that isn't Arsonist.

Arsonist all the way!

Role Ideas:
The Thief: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=82793
Coven Balance Overhaul : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=83761
EvanFishsticks
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Mystoc » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:49 am

EvanFishsticks wrote:I think you should put the Jinn in Scorpio’s role contest. I think it has a lot of potential to be added to the game someday and the contest would help it get more publicity. Even if you lose, you can use what people tell you for balancing tips to get the Jinn closer to TG. There’s only one spot left, so if you want to, you should hurry. Also, for the record Jinn>Phantom.

had the whole phantom name debate before check out logs for it it's like on the first page

i could enter it i just have work so no guarantee i can post during the week day until very late at night
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby timurtheking » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:25 am

Mystoc wrote:
timurtheking wrote:
Mystoc wrote:

0.5 kpn

it has invest immunity cause it has the inves result of the body it is inves doesnt have a role its looking for so since you can be any invest result so it does have invess immunity, WW only has partial sheriff immunity, being able to kill GF or other NK has NK is a big deal though

your making me think you didnt read the full role cause it specifically says the dead person cant talk in dead chat till you move to another body, ret cant rez the person to rat on you cause their body hasn't died yet so it isn't in the graveyard, you killed them but their body is still alive cause your controlling it, neither of these roles counter you

its also stated the jinn has access to the their victims will they had when they died

You dont get what im saying. Its just a super weak Nk, it has 0.5 kpn, powerul attack does not compensate. It is still crap for a lone killer but thats my opinion i gues
Check out my ideas:
Witch Change/buff

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Mystoc » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:46 am

your ignoring the part where its very hard to find cause its mobile in its identity and ti immunity your kinda making me repeat myself here so i feel like where at the a dead end here unless something new is contributed to the conversation

a body hopping killer that can kill every night (1 KPN) would be impossible to find since its in a new body each night and too mobile, also it would be an OP SK
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby timurtheking » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:47 am

Mystoc wrote:your ignoring the part where its very hard to find cause its mobile in its identity and ti immunity your kinda making me repeat myself here so i feel like where at the a dead end here unless something new is contributed to the conversation

a body hopping killer that can kill every night (1 KPN) would be impossible to find since its in a new body each night and too mobile, also it would be an OP SK

Exactly why the idea doesnt work as 0.5 kpn is shit imo and 1 kpn is op

Anyway dead end i gave my thoughts
Check out my ideas:
Witch Change/buff

timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Mystoc » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:12 am

the .5 kills though is a downside but it has enough upsides, you apparently don't think so nor are u suggesting a buff, i personally feel its strong enough but yea dead end
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby timurtheking » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:27 am

Mystoc wrote:the .5 kills though is a downside but it has enough upsides, you apparently don't think so nor are u suggesting a buff, i personally feel its strong enough but yea dead end

I dont have a buff as i think no idea will help
Check out my ideas:
Witch Change/buff

timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:30 am

Mystoc wrote:the .5 kills though is a downside but it has enough upsides, you apparently don't think so nor are u suggesting a buff, i personally feel its strong enough but yea dead end

You guys have no ideas? Want to increase its KPN!

Make it unable to kill every First night of the third

Example

Can kill: N2, N3, N5, N6, N8 etc

Cannot kill: N1, N4, N7 etc

Increases its KPN to 0.67
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby BrendonJunior » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:50 am

Mechanics make role too complex and chaotic to ever be a real NK

ALSO role is too weak. At .5 kills and found by any role, things just have to go wrong once to screw the jinn.

/no support
BrendonJunior
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ManateeDude » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:26 am

BrendonJunior wrote:Mechanics make role too complex and chaotic to ever be a real NK

ALSO role is too weak. At .5 kills and found by any role, things just have to go wrong once to screw the jinn.

/no support

When you think you understand balance. :D
they/she

Discord: light fagami#0016
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium

Re: Jinn (Neutral Killing)a

Postby timurtheking » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:58 am

ManateeDude wrote:
BrendonJunior wrote:Mechanics make role too complex and chaotic to ever be a real NK

/no support

When you think you understand balance. :D

What he said is pretty accurate except for the weak part
Check out my ideas:
Witch Change/buff

timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:41 pm

asking for more feedback on this role as well, lots new people on the forums these days
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby isaacvanvoorhis25 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:01 am

Wait, are they able to do this from the grave because that would be cool?
isaacvanvoorhis25

Postby Mystoc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:51 pm

isaacvanvoorhis25 wrote:Wait, are they able to do this from the grave because that would be cool?

no that would be OP, it doesn't matter if its cool

================================================================

also, i reworked the role on how it is kill capable, because of this I was able to change it so the Jinn can possess mafia now! i believe my solution its very fair to both sides lemee know what u guys think though
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Jinn (Neutral Killing) (REWORKED)

Postby greenrabbit7 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Very balanced, /support

It should be nk due to the goal and how it kills people
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Mystoc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 pm

greenrabbit7 wrote:Very balanced, /support

It should be nk due to the goal and how it kills people

yea the poll is quite old i only kept tha NC option because some people might consider body hoping chaotic even though my version covers the reporting problem, glad u like the role
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby 708boy8 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Question One: If you posses Mafia/Coven/Whatever, and your faction wins, do you win?
Question Two: Will the person you posses and kill show up in the graveyard?
Balancing Question: Could you make it easier for town/evil to find the Jinn, otherwise it's really overpowered. Sure, there are ways to make it easy to find (e.g. Code phrase) but most people wouldn't do that. Maybe they do show up as Jinn to investigator, but since they can swap bodies, it shouldn't change much.

I believe it's a great role, I actually thought about it in the past, but needs some balancing
708boy8

Previous

Return to Role Ideas