Assassin - Ambusher Overhaul

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Name: Assassin
Alignment: Mafia Killing
Immunities: Attack - Basic, Defense - None
Specials: (None)
Type: Killing, Unique
Priority: 1?

Sheriff Interrogation Results: Your target is a member of the Mafia!
Investigator Investigation Results: Your target could be a Vigilante, Veteran, Mafioso, Assassin, or Pirate.
Consigliere/Coven Leader Investigation Results: Your target lies in wait. They must be an Assassin.

Summary: A stealthy killer who lies in wait for the perfect moment to strike.
Abilities: You may choose to lie in wait outside of a player’s house.
Attributes: You will attack one visitor to your target in the following order: Town Protective, Town Investigative, Town Support, Town Killing, Coven Evil, Neutral Chaos, Neutral Killing. You cannot target the same player as another Mafia member. If more than one player visits your target, your ability will fail and all visitors to the target will be notified that an Assassin was there. You cannot target a member of the Mafia. If there are no kill-capable Mafia left, you will become a Mafioso.
Goal: Kill anyone that will not submit to the Mafia.
Victory Conditions: Current Mafia win conditions.

You have (instead) decided to lie in wait at Deodat Lawson’s house.
You were ambushed by an Assassin! You have died!
You saw somebody fleeing while visiting your target. You scared off an Assassin!
There were too many players at your location to make an ambush. You fled the scene!
You cannot target the same player as another Mafia member.

Achievements:
Ambushed!: Win your first game as an Assassin.
From The Shadows: Win 5 games as an Assassin.
Never Saw It Coming: Win 10 games as an Assassin.
Lying In Wait: Win 25 games as an Assassin.
Surgical Precision: Ambush a Doctor visiting your target.
But I Didn’t Shoot The Deputy: Ambush a Sheriff visiting your target.
Shadow Walker: Ambush 3 players in one game.

Notes: You may be asking why I changed the name. The name wasn't created. Many of the role names in the expansion are dull. Maybe "assassin" is a dull name too, but it's better than "[NameOfAbility]er".
Last edited by DragonClaw66 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Re: Assassin - Ambusher Overhaul

Postby JamalPlaysTOS » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:13 pm

I really like this! The current Ambusher strategy is to try and stalk someone who would only get a single visitor.

But I think the name revealing for Ambusher is just a broken way to enforce this strategy, it nerfs Ambusher a lot, and that more than one visitor causing the ambush to fail is MUCH better idea!

/support
JamalPlaysTOS
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby rdoukkali » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:14 pm

I like this as it changes Ambusher from a defensive role to a more offensive role.

Moving Protective to priority 1 can created some powerful(maybe OP) double kills if paired with a Godfather/Mafiosi, but I think this is balanced by the ability failing if there are multiple visitors.

Overall I think this is much more skill based, but can potentially be more powerful by eliminating more important townies.

Quick question: It says the ability fails if more than one player visits your target, but can other Mafia roles visit for powerful combos, without the ability failing?
Last edited by rdoukkali on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdoukkali
Executioner
Executioner

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:27 pm

JamalPlaysTOS wrote:I really like this! The current Ambusher strategy is to try and stalk someone who would only get a single visitor.

But I think the name revealing for Ambusher is just a broken way to enforce this strategy, it nerfs Ambusher a lot, and that more than one visitor causing the ambush to fail is MUCH better idea!

/support

In addition to the ability failing, the players that visit your target will know that the target is non-Mafia (unless a Transporter or Coven Leader interfered).
rdoukkali wrote:I like this as it changes Ambusher from a defensive role to a more offensive role.

Moving Protective to priority 1 can created some powerful(maybe OP) double kills if paired with a Godfather/Mafiosi, but I think this is balanced by the ability failing if there are multiple visitors.

Overall I think this is much more skill based, but can potentially be more powerful by eliminating more important townies.

Quick question: It says the ability fails if more than one player visits your target, but can other Mafia roles visit for powerful combos, without the ability failing?

/support

You cannot visit the same player as another member of the Mafia, so you cannot do such a combo.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby rdoukkali » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:44 pm

DragonClaw66 wrote:
JamalPlaysTOS wrote:I really like this! The current Ambusher strategy is to try and stalk someone who would only get a single visitor.

/support

In addition to the ability failing, the players that visit your target will know that the target is non-Mafia (unless a Transporter or Coven Leader interfered).
rdoukkali wrote:I like this as it changes Ambusher from a defensive role to a more offensive role.

/support

You cannot visit the same player as another member of the Mafia, so you cannot do such a combo.

Then I don’t really see any reason why this should exist, it doesn’t provide much of a benefit. In fact, I’d say it’s more of a nerf than an overhaul.

/nosupport
rdoukkali
Executioner
Executioner

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:08 pm

rdoukkali wrote:
DragonClaw66 wrote:

/support

/support

Then I don’t really see any reason why this should exist, it doesn’t provide much of a benefit. In fact, I’d say it’s more of a nerf than an overhaul.

/nosupport

Would you rather be more likely to get a kill but then get hanged because a player got your name or have it fail more often?
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Return to Role Idea Archives