4 - Its slight Bad(Specify)
No votes
3 - Not very good(Specify)
No votes
2 - Disgusting(Specify)
No votes
1 - Da Faq(Specify)
No votes
-1 - YOU ARE DISGUSTING AND A WASTE OF OXYGEN ON THIS EARTH (NO NEED TO SPECIFY)
22%

Total votes : 9

Torturer Neutral(Killing) - Idea from Witch Hunters Faction

Postby Element83 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 am

The Torturer
Alignment - Neutral (Killing)

You are a Skilled Man in the exquisite art of Torture

Ability - You can capture people and Torture them.

Attack - Powerful
Defence - Auto-Vest untill attacked - Basic

Attribute(s) -
-When you select a Victim you also select the Method of Torture
-You can Choose 1 of 2 torture techniques and each has there own effect on the Victim
-You may talk to your Torturee in secret(anonymous) and have them choose the Method of Torture and if to give in/ refuse if they do not choose, you choose the method of torture and add the refusal condition to them
--Heretics Fork(Uses = 2)
--The Rack(Uses = 2)
--The Guillitine(Uses = 3)(Only for the Torturer to decicde)
-Note - Jailor has priority over Torture and Jailor cannot be Tortured
-Note - The victims Will cannot be edited during the capture

Special Attributes
-Unique Role

Invest - Needs a invest result
Consig/Witch - Your target enjoys hearing screams everyday in the morning, They must be a Torturer
Special Interactions -
Spoiler: WW - If captured the Torturer will be killed unless the Torturer uses the Guillitine
SK - If captured the Tortuer will be killed unless the Torturer uses the Guillitine
Arsonist - If captured the Torturer will be automatically doused(Slight buff for Arso)

Goal - Witch Win condition(Live to see the town suffer or something like that)

Messages -
Spoiler: -"You have decided to Torture --Player Name--"
-"Your victim is suffering by --Torture Method-- for refusing to give in."
-"You decided to Behead you Victim."
Other side
-"You have been captured by the Torturer"
-"You decide to give in to the fear of Torture and you release your information!"
-"You refuse to give up your information and so you Suffer for it by --Torture Method--."
-"You were Beheaded by the Guilitine. You have Died."

Abilites Effects for the Torturer
Spoiler: -The Heretics Fork - When this is going to be used, your victim will be given two options,
1- You give, if this is chosen this will reveal your Will and all whispers (From Both sides) taken place by the victim. or Something else did not know what to put here so put in comments what you think should be in here
2- You Refuse, If this is chosen, due to the soreness of your neck area from being tilted up for 8 hours, you will not be able to talk the following day(Only lasts one day) and can put/edit no more than 10 characters in there will for 2 days (Overpowered? Or nah?)

-The Rack - When this is applied to your victim, your victim will be given two options,
1- You give, if this is chosen, this will reveal the last 3 visits that the victim performed on someone
2- You Refuse, if this is chosen your Torturer will leave you in that state for the night and will let you go in the morning but doing so you will not be able to do your nightly ability for 2 nights but if this is preformed on a role that stays home there actions will be nerfed for 2 days

Ex. Mayor's vote only counts for 2 votes
Ex. Spy can only see one result which is the mafia kill(if done)
Ex. Vigi gets his 2 of his bullets taken away for 2 days(Overpowered or nah?)
Ex. Retri can not revive for one night(Ignores what it says above)
Etc etc - Things get taken away for a limited amount of time essentially

-The Guilitine
1- If selected by your Torturer your victim will be BeHeaded

Lore - “ A exiled Jailor who found endless delight in torturing his prisoners, and now wants to see the whole town suffer by his hand, especially the young consort”

Originally this idea came from my Witch Hunters Faction and certain people said this would be better if this role is not in the faction and on its own or in another faction so im not so sure on having it in the mafia because i could be a neutral so thoughts?
Made it neutral
-Would be happy if i could get some constructive for this role

Comments
-You select your victim and the method of torture at the same time when you click the Sun Icon
-Should there be a 4th Torture Technique and needs a invest result badly ;)

Edits
-4/9/18 - Post made
-4/9/18 - "Polished" the post a bit thanks to BlackWolf99, Added Poll
-Same day^^ - Major changes - Mafia to Neutral - lots of it
-Will add a senario to make it a bit clearer on the 10th so be in touch :lol:
-Removed Full Moon Restriction
Last edited by Element83 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Check out my Role/Faction Ideas
-Locksmith
-Mysophob
-Torturer

"Crusader, Psychic, Blackmailer, Jailor, Spy and the Coven are all balanced roles/Factions"
-Mystic

JK

Needs some help with an up-coming faction, go to Faction Development to get some help with it!
https://discord.gg/YNfVpZ5 (Perm Link This time)
Element83
Witch
Witch

Location: Under your bed slowly eating the skin cells that fall off of you... :)

Re: Torturer Mafia(Killing) - Idea from Witch Hunters Factio

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 am

Element83 wrote:The Torturer
Alignment - Mafia (Killing)

You are a Skilled Man in the art of Torture recruited by the Mafia

Attributes - Use a variety of torture techniques to force your target to tell vital information or kill them.

Attack - Unstoppable
Defence - None -

Ability(s) -
-You can Torture on Full Moon Nights This is an ability.

-You can Choose 1 of 3 torture techniques and each has there own effect on the Victim
-You may talk to your Torturee in secret(anonymous)
--The Rack(Uses = 2)
--Should i have a fourth Torture Method?
--The Guillitine(Uses = 1) These are attributes.

-Note - Jailor has priority over Torture and Jailor can not be Tortured
-Note - The victims Will can not be edited during the capture
-Note - Unique Special attribute

Invest - Your target likes to see people in pain. They could be a Torturer, Serial Killer, Body Guard!(Thoughts? Good? Bad?) Awful, gives SK and Torturer a horrible claimspace
Consig/Witch - Your target pressures people for information, They must be a Torturer!

Special Interactions -
Spoiler: WW - If captured the Torturer will be killed unless the Torturer uses the Guillitine
SK - If captured the Tortuer will be killed unless the Torturer uses the Guillitine
Arsonist - If captured the Torturer will be automatically doused(Slight buff for Arso)

Messages -
Other side
-"You decide to give in to the fear of Torture and you release your information!"
-"You refuse to give up your information and so you Suffer for it by --Torture Method--."

Spoiler: -The Heretics Fork - When this is going to be used, your victim will be given two options,
1- You give, if this is chosen, this will reveal the last 2 visits that the victim visited
2- You Refuse, If this is chosen, due to the soreness of your neck area from being tilted up for 8 hours, you will not be able to talk the following day
-The Rack - When this is applied to your victim, your victim will be given two options,
1- You give, if this is chosen this will reveal the victim's will.
2- You Refuse, if this is chosen your Torturer will leave you in that state for the night and will let you go in the morning but doing so you will not be able to do your nightly ability the following night
-The Guilitine

Lore - I will ask Cut :D

Originally this idea came from my Witch Hunters Faction and certain people said this would be better if this role is not in the faction and on its own or in another faction so im not so sure on having it in the mafia because i could be a neutral so thoughts?

Edits
-3/9/18 - Post made

Frankly needs some polish, but seems like it has potential.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:
- Nothing in particular, might return to rework old ideas. We'll see.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby Element83 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:07 am

Blackwolfe99 wrote:
Element83 wrote:The Torturer
Alignment - Mafia (Killing)

You are a Skilled Man in the art of Torture recruited by the Mafia

Attributes - Use a variety of torture techniques to force your target to tell vital information or kill them.

Attack - Unstoppable
Defence - None -

Ability(s) -
-You can Torture on Full Moon Nights This is an ability.

-You can Choose 1 of 3 torture techniques and each has there own effect on the Victim
-You may talk to your Torturee in secret(anonymous)
--The Rack(Uses = 2)
--Should i have a fourth Torture Method?
--The Guillitine(Uses = 1) These are attributes.

-Note - Jailor has priority over Torture and Jailor can not be Tortured
-Note - The victims Will can not be edited during the capture
-Note - Unique Special attribute

Invest - Your target likes to see people in pain. They could be a Torturer, Serial Killer, Body Guard!(Thoughts? Good? Bad?) Awful, gives SK and Torturer a horrible claimspace
Consig/Witch - Your target pressures people for information, They must be a Torturer!

Special Interactions -

Messages -
Other side

1- You give, if this is chosen, this will reveal the last 2 visits that the victim visited
2- You Refuse, If this is chosen, due to the soreness of your neck area from being tilted up for 8 hours, you will not be able to talk the following day
2- You Refuse, if this is chosen your Torturer will leave you in that state for the night and will let you go in the morning but doing so you will not be able to do your nightly ability the following night
-The Guilitine

Lore - I will ask Cut :D

Edits
-3/9/18 - Post made

Frankly needs some polish, but seems like it has potential.

Is that better?
Updated the Post
-Locksmith
-Mysophob
-Torturer

"Crusader, Psychic, Blackmailer, Jailor, Spy and the Coven are all balanced roles/Factions"
-Mystic

JK

Needs some help with an up-coming faction, go to Faction Development to get some help with it!
Element83
Witch
Witch

Location: Under your bed slowly eating the skin cells that fall off of you... :)

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 am

Yeah, this is definitely better and thus easier to read and understand.
Honestly though, with the unique and highly confirmable nature of the abilities, there isn't a good claim space.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby Element83 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Yea that seems to be the only problem so i was thinking of just making it similar to the framer invest result where its only bad stuff you know?
but still wait on some more criticizim
-Locksmith
-Mysophob
-Torturer

-Mystic

JK

Element83
Witch
Witch

Postby rdoukkali » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:47 pm

I like the ideas behind this role, but for me it shouldn’t be a Mafia role for a couple of reasons:
1-Mafia kind of revolves around 1 kill per night
2-This is way too OP for a Mafia role: It combines a Consort, Blackmailer, Consigliere(through the will) and has an Unstoppable Attack. This is too much for Mafia.

On the other hand, you could make this a Neutral Evil:
It would be kind of balanced if it had the Witch win condition(survive to see the town lose the game)
Maybe chuck in an auto vest, and it would be a balanced NE role.

The only other thing is that the “give” on heretics fork only reveals their last two visits, while the “give” on the rack gives all their visits, unless they lied on their will. Maybe change the one on the heretics fork to something else.

Apart from that I really like the ideas of this role, and it would fit even better with balancing and lore if it was a Neutral Evil.
“A exiled Jailor who found endless delight in torturing his prisoners, and now wants to see the town suffer!”

It’s pretty good.
rdoukkali
Executioner
Executioner

Postby SkyW » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:02 pm

-The Heretics Fork - When this is going to be used, your victim will be given two options,
-The Guilitine

Heretics Fork: Great! Now exactly what info do you get for this? If the townie gives in, what advantage does the mafia get? Maybe faking a lookout will? But the townie can just say "I was heretic forked" and now putting that in a fake LO claim is shit. Maybe it can reveal to you who the sheriff/invest have checked out recently, but still. And if someone really doesn't want this revealed, just get BM'ed and signal that to town.

The Rack: NK's with multiple claims in their will will be revealed as scum shit to you, and you can just share that info with the mafia and put it in the DN. It just harms NK really. Past that, it can give you E A R L Y A C E S S to an invests will but then they're just going to say "Yo so the mafia already knows my will here it is BB" to the town and now that precious invest/sheriff info you got to peak at so you know who's been investigated is now released to the town as a whole. It's not like you could do much with the info before hand, it's not like you get it in the middle of the night so you can tell the mafia to kill them. Also for roles like medium/transporter/mayor/vigi/vet/spy/retri or really anyone who doesn't really care about being role blocked they can just take the L

Guillotine: Independent Mafia Killing. Nuf said.

/nosupport bad role with bad ideas. You just combined BM'er and Consort but made it 100x more terrible.
Professional ??? Rambler (average NYC subway rider)

There is a frog outside go check it out please it's such a cool frog
SkyW
Jester
Jester

Location: West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days Chillin' out

Postby Element83 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:54 pm

SkyW wrote:
-The Heretics Fork - When this is going to be used, your victim will be given two options,
-The Guilitine

Heretics Fork: Great! Now exactly what info do you get for this? If the townie gives in, what advantage does the mafia get? Maybe faking a lookout will? But the townie can just say "I was heretic forked" and now putting that in a fake LO claim is shit. Maybe it can reveal to you who the sheriff/invest have checked out recently, but still. And if someone really doesn't want this revealed, just get BM'ed and signal that to town.

The idea i had in mind is that the victim would not know what method would be used(which is also the reason why i thought of having a 4th method cause gives more nostalgia of which method was used on them) and when they are "BM'ed" they could not signal to the town and not know it themselves

The Rack: NK's with multiple claims in their will will be revealed as scum shit to you, and you can just share that info with the mafia and put it in the DN. It just harms NK really. Past that, it can give you E A R L Y A C E S S to an invests will but then they're just going to say "Yo so the mafia already knows my will here it is BB" to the town and now that precious invest/sheriff info you got to peak at so you know who's been investigated is now released to the town as a whole. It's not like you could do much with the info before hand, it's not like you get it in the middle of the night so you can tell the mafia to kill them. Also for roles like medium/transporter/mayor/vigi/vet/spy/retri or really anyone who doesn't really care about being role blocked they can just take the L

Same idea here, guess i forgot to specify that :/ and also what is wrong with hurting the WW/Arso who are going to kill your mafia or/plan to?

Guillotine: Independent Mafia Killing. Nuf said.

Fam you got me there, did not think of that

/nosupport bad role with bad ideas. You just combined BM'er and Consort but made it 100x more terrible.

Also why dont you give some supportive responses whenever i see your posts you are always a deby downer

rdoukkali wrote:I like the ideas behind this role, but for me it shouldn’t be a Mafia role for a couple of reasons:
1-Mafia kind of revolves around 1 kill per night -
2-This is way too OP for a Mafia role: It combines a Consort, Blackmailer, Consigliere(through the will) and has an Unstoppable Attack. This is too much for Mafia.

Yea you right with the Independent Mafia Killing and stuff

On the other hand, you could make this a Neutral Evil:
It would be kind of balanced if it had the Witch win condition(survive to see the town lose the game)
Maybe chuck in an auto vest, and it would be a balanced NE role.

yea prob going to change the role given the reasons why

The only other thing is that the “give” on heretics fork only reveals their last two visits, while the “give” on the rack gives all their visits, unless they lied on their will. Maybe change the one on the heretics fork to something else.

Apart from that I really like the ideas of this role, and it would fit even better with balancing and lore if it was a Neutral Evil.
“A exiled Jailor who found endless delight in torturing his prisoners, and now wants to see the town suffer!”

Like that :) and thx for the responses guys

It’s pretty good.

Responses in Blue

Seems legit

Just going to change the role from Mafia Killing to Neutral Evil given the reasons why
-Locksmith
-Mysophob
-Torturer

-Mystic

JK

Element83
Witch
Witch

Postby SkyW » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Also why dont you give some supportive responses whenever i see your posts you are always a deby downer

I guess I am kinda a "downer" but that's because I don't want to sugarcoat my responses. If your role is bad, I will tell you what's bad about it. If I think that your role can be turned into something great, then I will say something positive and give less "here's the bad parts" and more "here's how you fix it."

Thing is, this role is kinda a JoaT mafia independent killing BM'er/Consort mish-mash that I don't think a lot of the mechanics are great or well balanced.

I do like the idea that the townie has to choose to give in/stand ground but they don't know how they are being interrogated. This could be used for a NE role with decent results. I would keep it to 2 methods so that they can chose "Do I want to be X/Y'd or Z/W'd."

I'll try to be more "supportive" in the future but the best way to get your role fixed isn't for someone to say it's great. It's for someone to say that it's bad and point out why.

SkyW
Jester
Jester

Location: West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days Chillin' out

Postby Element83 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:43 pm

SkyW wrote:

I guess I am kinda a "downer" but that's because I don't want to sugarcoat my responses. If your role is bad, I will tell you what's bad about it. If I think that your role can be turned into something great, then I will say something positive and give less "here's the bad parts" and more "here's how you fix it."

Thing is, this role is kinda a JoaT mafia independent killing BM'er/Consort mish-mash that I don't think a lot of the mechanics are great or well balanced.

I do like the idea that the townie has to choose to give in/stand ground but they don't know how they are being interrogated. This could be used for a NE role with decent results. I would keep it to 2 methods so that they can chose "Do I want to be X/Y'd or Z/W'd."

I'll try to be more "supportive" in the future but the best way to get your role fixed isn't for someone to say it's great. It's for someone to say that it's bad and point out why.

Agreed and i am in the middle of changing it to a NE and slightly other things and i am currently torn between having two methods(like you said) or having 4 methods with different abilites but your idea sounds better with the psychology of "Do I want to be X/Y'd or Z/W'd."so ill just go with that

Thx for response m8
-Locksmith
-Mysophob
-Torturer

-Mystic

JK

Element83
Witch
Witch

Re: Torturer Neutral(Evil) - Idea from Witch Hunters Faction

Postby Element83 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Major edits have been made!
Love some thoughts on them!
-Locksmith
-Mysophob
-Torturer

-Mystic

JK

Element83
Witch
Witch

Postby SkyW » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Tfw they take your advice but manage to still make gher role worse.

All you did was change alignment and increase the potency of it's effects. It still has uses, it still has the same qualities to it that makes it such an underdeveloped role. You need to think to yourself "how could I make this ability fit the needs of the role? Are both these options good for or help them achieve their goal? What isn't nessicary to include and only muddies up gameplay?"

Take a step back and look at the core concept of your role. The ability to have the victim decide what happens to them. Handling this well can be tricky, and you need to decide what it's goal and alignment are before doing so. Then instead if buffing/nerfing the things that already existed but wouldn't be useful with the changed role, create new ones that help the role win. You don't need to do what you did this time and try to cram in the pre-existing options anyway you can.

BTW, try to keep the victims choice relatively easy to grasp. Either 1. Help the enemy or 2. Harm the allies.

How you did it this time just SCREAM bad balancing decisions. Full moon utilization instead of flexible cycling, buffing old broken abilities instead of creating new ones, and most importantly slapping on a new alignment without much thought. Also fork/rake are still kinda "what/why even"

I hope this counts as "supportive", but please do try and properly remake a role.

SkyW
Jester
Jester

Postby ManateeDude » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Change the beheaded by guillotine to taking the factional kill, that's one of the first steps.
they/she

Discord: light fagami#0016
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium

Postby Element83 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:45 am

SkyW wrote:Tfw they take your advice but manage to still make gher role worse.

All you did was change alignment and increase the potency of it's effects. It still has uses, it still has the same qualities to it that makes it such an underdeveloped role. You need to think to yourself "how could I make this ability fit the needs of the role? Are both these options good for or help them achieve their goal? What isn't nessicary to include and only muddies up gameplay?"

Look by buffing the abilities and the consequences that the torture can use, this ability does fit the role for it can achieve its goal Ex. By being able to read the role of a ,say janitor/consig/invest/witch/arso/ ETC ETC ETC... you can decide who to torture/ kill for even more info or to kill the person who can kill you and inhibit you from winning

Take a step back and look at the core concept of your role. The ability to have the victim decide what happens to them. Handling this well can be tricky, and you need to decide what it's goal and alignment are before doing so. Then instead if buffing/nerfing the things that already existed but wouldn't be useful with the changed role, create new ones that help the role win. You don't need to do what you did this time and try to cram in the pre-existing options anyway you can.

I have and i am slowly twicking it slowly over time. (For the last sentence) i did not cram i am changing it to be more intimidating to get the info out of the victim

BTW, try to keep the victims choice relatively easy to grasp. Either 1. Help the enemy or 2. Harm the allies.

Ight

How you did it this time just SCREAM bad balancing decisions. Full moon utilization instead of flexible cycling(Yea i am not so sure on the Full moon thing), buffing old broken abilities instead of creating new ones(Instead of saying it is broken and telling me to change it too something new how about u give a suggestion?), and most importantly slapping on a new alignment without much thought(What alignment do you think would go good with this, Mafia, no, reasons have already proven it would not be the best, Coven, yea no its not a good fit for coven, oh how about the town, well they already have a jailor and this would just make it really broken for town, well what is next guess it has to be a neutral.... so yes i have given this thought). Also fork/rake are still kinda "what/why even"(i dont think i understand)

I hope this counts as "supportive", but please do try and properly remake a role. - It does and i appreciate the response :D

Change the beheaded by guillotine to taking the factional kill, that's one of the first steps.

I dont think i understand, its not part of the mafia anymore soooooooooo, factional kill?(unless i am stupid and i dont know what factional kill means then i dont understand this statement)
-Locksmith
-Mysophob
-Torturer

-Mystic

JK

Element83
Witch
Witch

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:45 am

Tactical Mafia, an FM concert being pushed for use in the actual game.

]My Role Ideas[/url]

Currently Working On:

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby ManateeDude » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:50 pm

basically if u use guillotine than that takes up the mafia's kill instead of the Gf/MAf using it
they/she

ManateeDude
Medium
Medium

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:13 pm

ManateeDude wrote:basically if u use guillotine than that takes up the mafia's kill instead of the Gf/MAf using it

So my Warden (FM Underboss rip off) which is already in the role pole?

]My Role Ideas[/url]

Currently Working On:

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby ManateeDude » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Blackwolfe99 wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:basically if u use guillotine than that takes up the mafia's kill instead of the Gf/MAf using it

So my Warden (FM Underboss rip off) which is already in the role pole?

Oh a rip off of a rip off, didn't realize it was changed to NE, also NE should never ever be able to kill.
they/she

ManateeDude
Medium
Medium

Return to Role Idea Archives