Crusader - Town Protective (Rework)

Old Role Ideas

Crusader - Town Protective (Rework)

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:02 am

Name: Crusader
Alignment: Town Protective
Immunities: Attack - Basic, Defense - None (Basic when using divine light)
Specials: (None)
Type: Protection, Unique
Priority: 3

Sheriff Interrogation Results: Your target is not suspicious.
Investigator Investigation Results: Your target could be a Bodyguard, Godfather, Arsonist, or Crusader.
Consigliere/Coven Leader Investigation Results: Your target is a knight protector. They must be a Crusader.

Summary: A divine protector whose skills in combat are only matched by the miracles he performs.
Abilities: Protect one person during the night. Your target will be granted a temporary Powerful defense from all attacks. Self-target to use divine light. You only have one divine light.
Attributes: You will counterattack one player that visits your target in the following order: Coven Evil, Mafia Killing, Neutral Chaos, Neutral Killing, Town Killing, Mafia Support, Mafia Deception, Town Support, Town Investigative, Town Protective. You will be told the role of the player you counterattack. Visitors to your target will be told that there was a Crusader protecting the target. Divine light gives a temporary basic defense.
Goal: Lynch every criminal and evildoer.
Victory: Current Town win conditions.

Notes: Specified counterattack order. Visitors to the target are told a Crusader was protecting the target. Divine light added.

You have (instead) decided to protect Deodat Lawson. - Crusader.
You have (instead) decided to use divine light. - Crusader.
“A Crusader fought off one of your visitors!” - Crusader’s target.
“There was a Crusader protecting your target last night!” - Crusader’s target’s visitors.
“You counterattacked a player!” - Crusader.

Achievements:
Divine Protector: Win 1 game as a Crusader.
Righteous Fury: Win 5 games as a Crusader.
Devotion: Win 10 games as a Crusader
Deus Vult: Win 25 games as a Crusader.
Blessing of Protection: Successfully counterattack 3 evil roles.
Holy Luminescence: Save yourself with divine light.

Role Card
Last edited by DragonClaw66 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Re: Crusader - Town Protective (Rework)

Postby fwogcarf » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:42 am

How many charges does the Divine Light ability have? Either I'm not seeing it, or it's not there
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby DragonClaw66 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:44 am

fwogcarf wrote:How many charges does the Divine Light ability have? Either I'm not seeing it, or it's not there

Only one. Similar to the Doctor's self-heal and the Bodyguard's bulletproof vest.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby Mystoc » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Visitors to your target will be told that there was a Crusader protecting the target

no lets crusader confirm himself if multiple people visited bad idea

Attributes: You will counterattack one player that visits your target in the following order: Coven Evil, Mafia Killing, Mafia Support, Mafia Deception, Neutral Chaos, Neutral Killing, Town Killing, Town Support, Town Investigative, Town Protective.

this makes it a better BG theres only a downside if you incorrectly pick who evills will visit and attacks them even if they were not attacking unlike BG

Divine light gives a temporary powerful defense and makes you attack a visitor.

giving crusader a self vest that lets it kill a visitor is vets ability no bad idea, its sub ability now is one 1/3 of vets whole ability, crusader defiantly does not deserve a self vest its an offensive juggernaut its focus is on killing easily not protecting itself, not all TP need vests
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Interesting I like Crusader it's a decent idea, but this change makes it better
and Crusader does need to be unique
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:28 am

I don't think the Crusader should be confirmed when protecting someone, it could allow an evil role to figure out who the Crusader is, but since evil roles are at the top of the priority list, that means if one figures out who the Crusader is then another one has to die.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society

Riskka#1854
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:01 am

Crusader does not need this huge buff DC. This makes Crusader the most overpowered TP role. You need to nerf it moderately.

You buffed Crusader by giving him these following buffs
- Self Vest
- Can kill attackers w Self Vest
- Protects against ALL attacks giving target Powerful Defense
- More reliably kills evils
- Gets to know the attackers roles, for some reason
- Evildoers ability fails, so this role only protects against Vigilantes then?

I'm going to have to tell you to...

STOP, those are way too many buffs

My recommendation
- Remove the self vest all together
- Remove that it knows attackers roles
- Prioritize all killing abilities in the predetermined order example: Coven Evil, Mafia Killing, Neutral Chaos, Neutral Killing, Town Killing.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Andrija04 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:29 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Crusader does not need this huge buff DC. This makes Crusader the most overpowered TP role. You need to nerf it moderately.

- Self Vest
- Can kill attackers w Self Vest
- Protects against ALL attacks giving target Powerful Defense
- More reliably kills evils
- Gets to know the attackers roles, for some reason
- Evildoers ability fails, so this role only protects against Vigilantes then?

My recommendation
- Remove the self vest all together
- Remove that it knows attackers roles
- Prioritize all killing abilities in the predetermined order example: Coven Evil, Mafia Killing, Neutral Chaos, Neutral Killing, Town Killing.

Crusader already gives powerful defense so that's not a new thing and more reliably killing evils and knowing the attackers roles seems reasonable. Imo this change should be considered.
Andrija04
Medium
Medium

Postby DragonClaw66 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:32 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Crusader does not need this huge buff DC. This makes Crusader the most overpowered TP role. You need to nerf it moderately.

- Self Vest IMO all Town Protectives should be able to protect themselves at least once.
- Can kill attackers w Self Vest I could nerf this.
- Protects against ALL attacks giving target Powerful Defense This is already a thing.
- More reliably kills evils Si.
- Gets to know the attackers roles, for some reason So they know what immune role they counterattack.
- Evildoers ability fails, so this role only protects against Vigilantes then? I can nerf this.

My recommendation
- Remove the self vest all together I'll wait on this.
- Remove that it knows attackers roles I don't really mind but it's not that big of a buff.
- Prioritize all killing abilities in the predetermined order example: Coven Evil, Mafia Killing, Neutral Chaos, Neutral Killing, Town Killing.K, so killers die first, sounds good.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:51 am

DragonClaw66 wrote:

- Self Vest IMO all Town Protectives should be able to protect themselves at least once.
- Can kill attackers w Self Vest I could nerf this. [b]Make Crusaders self vest exactly like the Bodyguard’s self vest. Basic Defense for one night.

- Protects against ALL attacks giving target Powerful Defense This is already a thing. Oh yeah, never played as Crusader
- More reliably kills evils Si.
- Gets to know the attackers roles, for some reason So they know what immune role they counterattack. Why do you want to nerf NK roles. It’s the last thing we need.
- Evildoers ability fails, so this role only protects against Vigilantes then? I can nerf this. Yap, please remove this is unnecessary

My recommendation
- Remove the self vest all together I'll wait on this.
- Remove that it knows attackers roles I don't really mind but it's not that big of a buff.
- Prioritize all killing abilities in the predetermined order example: Coven Evil, Mafia Killing, Neutral Chaos, Neutral Killing, Town Killing.K, so killers die first, sounds good.

Edit: Your Crusader role card is broken. It doesn’t say that you attack a visitor on it.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby DragonClaw66 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:07 pm

I believe I have edited everything. I am making a new role card.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby Mystoc » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Visitors to the target are told a Crusader was protecting the target. Divine light added.

why is this needed? no other TP role tells other visitors the person was protected, its a small buff that doesn't really do anything so why have it all. it seems pointless and your just trying to make the role more unique when really it isn't needed
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Idea Archives